Scenario: Hopkins leaves, Boeheim retires...who coaches at Syracuse? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Scenario: Hopkins leaves, Boeheim retires...who coaches at Syracuse?

Brad Stevens. I know a lot of people don't like the way his teams play, but imagine what he could do with Syracuse recruits.
Leave. Seriously. Just get out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I say we give the NCAA the finger and bring back Bernie Fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jay wright has had his share of four and five star recruits over the past 5 years. Yarou was a five star recruit. Corey stokes was a five star recruit. James bell 4 star. Dominic cheek 4 star. Isiah armwood 4 star. No offense, but none of the guys above developed according to their recruiting ranking.

I think Pete Bell would be a great choice. He was able to land "Blue Chip" recruits Butch McRae, Ricky Roe and Neon Boudeaux over such coaches as Jerry Tarkanian, Matt Painter and our own Jim Boeheim.

He really turned the Western program around and restored them to glory!

Brad Stevens has made it abundantly clear he wants to stay at Butler. My top two candidates would be Shaka Smart and Jay Wright. From '05-'11 Villanova was in the NCAA tournament one, or possibly two, sub-par seasons don't mean much. Smart has said he likes it at VCU, but I think he could be lured away, he hasn't come off as strong as Stevens in his affirmation.

I like the idea of keeping it in the family with another Alum but not sure we have any formers players outside of Hop that have the Qualifications.

If we had to look outside of former players I would have to put Jay Wright at the top of my list. The guy is a class act, good coach, has enough experience but is young enough to be with us for a while.

Beside winning I want two things from our future coach:
  • some semblance of roots/longevity - I would be so disheartened to see coaches come and go on a revolving door schedule
  • maintain an up-tempo, entertaining style of play - I enjoy watching SU play I would hate to see us lose that
After thought... I wonder if Jay Bilas would ever consider coaching?