Schedule Change: SU now playing Pitt on Jan 6. | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Change: SU now playing Pitt on Jan 6.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

This is getting insane. We are finally getting out of a 14-day COVID protocol quarantine (imposed because of another school)... and our next scheduled opponent goes into one... and we will play someone totally different.

I guess I should be happy that I will finally be able to see a game ... unless something else happens within the next 72 hours.

Oh, and the timing could not be worse. It will be played in the early throes of the craziness scheduled to take place on Capital Hill on Wednesday afternoon (which I am also looking forward to watching).

Last edited:

Hated losing that Pitt game that was originally scheduled. It was a very likely win.

Great to get it back and even better to get the game with FSU off the schedule, presumably for good.

This is getting insane. We are finally getting out of a COVID protocol quarantine (imposed because of another school)... and our next scheduled opponent goes into one... and we will play someone totally different.

I guess I should be happy that I will finally be able to see a game ... unless something else happens within the next 72 hours.
How about we are supposed to play Georgetown in six days and no tip off time yet. Is that still true? Everything is day to day.

wonder if they will swap the pitt game in february for one of the postponed as available?

Since there will not be any fans in the stands, I guess they feel no urgency in announcing a tip off time.
or were waiting to see if we got out of pause in time?

Hmmm so will be interesting to see what happens with the future date we were supposed to host Pitt in February.
I was hoping we could just pencil in FSU, but they are scheduled to host Wake that day.

At least there’s a game... lousy tip time though! 4:30 in the middle of the week makes it difficult for working folks to see live.

I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of switches of games to fit in as many games as possible.

Agree. There was a lot of this going on during football season. It just didn't impact us so probably didn't notice it as much

The dreaded Panthers will be without Justin Champagnie, who is out with an injury. Likely their best player.
ACC HQ is plotting to get the most bids to NCAA tournament.

Hated losing that Pitt game that was originally scheduled. It was a very likely win.

Great to get it back and even better to get the game with FSU off the schedule, presumably for good.
What Pitt game are you referring to ?

Was Justin born in Champagne region of France? If not, we should refer to him properly as Justin Sparkling Wine.
This is a solid joke, but unfortunately I think he's injured and expected to be out for a bit.

Moving the home Pittsburgh game, originally scheduled for Feb. 13 (a Saturday), means the Orange now has an open date on Feb. 13. ACC spokesman Andy Fledderjohann said in an email that SU’s opponent for that day will be determined at a later date.

Reactions: cto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom