Schedule Change: SU now playing Pitt on Jan 6. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Change: SU now playing Pitt on Jan 6.

Moving the home Pittsburgh game, originally scheduled for Feb. 13 (a Saturday), means the Orange now has an open date on Feb. 13. ACC spokesman Andy Fledderjohann said in an email that SU’s opponent for that day will be determined at a later date.
St. John’s has a bye February 13 and 14.

If they have an opening we should play them.

How about we are supposed to play Georgetown in six days and no tip off time yet. Is that still true? Everything is day to day.

Hopefully an afternoon game -- Giants might be playing TB at 8:15pm if they can get a little help tonight.

St. John’s had a nonconference game cancelled against Texas Tech.
They played only 6 nonconference games.

If we aren’t going to make up these 3 missed ACC conference games then we should play at St. John’s on February 13th.

We can hardly wait for that classic.

I’d laugh but I’m a Bengals fan so I don’t have much I can say (at least until Burrow comes back and they get a coherent offensive line).

This is getting insane. We are finally getting out of a 14-day COVID protocol quarantine (imposed because of another school)... and our next scheduled opponent goes into one... and we will play someone totally different.

I guess I should be happy that I will finally be able to see a game ... unless something else happens within the next 72 hours.

Oh, and the timing could not be worse. It will be played in the early throes of the craziness scheduled to take place on Capital Hill on Wednesday afternoon (which I am also looking forward to watching).
It’s Capitol Hill. With an O.

That schedule i printed out is now an excellent paper airplane.

1609738558916.png

Pitt will be a preferable opponent to face (than #18 FSU) for the team to get back in sync after a long layoff.

And without their best player.

It’s not a terrible Plan B.

St. John’s has a bye February 13 and 14.

If they have an opening we should play them.
Hasn't Syracuse played 6 OOC games already, with Georgetown scheduled for this week as well?

Didn't the NCAA cap the number of OOC games a team can play at 5 (no MTE event) or 7 (with an MTE event)? SU was able to play 7 without an MTE event because theirs was cancelled due to COVID.

Or are you assuming the Georgetown game is going to be cancelled?

Hasn't Syracuse played 6 OOC games already, with Georgetown scheduled for this week as well?

Didn't the NCAA cap the number of OOC games a team can play at 5 (no MTE event) or 7 (with an MTE event)? SU was able to play 7 without an MTE event because theirs was cancelled due to COVID.

That was with the thinking there would be a 20 game conference season as originally scheduled, but that appears to not really be feasible.

Teams can play either 25 or 27 games, depending on whether they participate in a multi-team event. Syracuse had put together an MTE with Binghamton and Niagara, but Binghamton’s basketball program went on pause.

The Orange currently has 26 games on its schedule.

There is no cap on nonconference games just total games played.
If we aren’t going to reschedule Wake and UNC we have room to add 2 games.
Thus we could add St. John’s unless we are going to make up the ACC games.

There is no cap on nonconference games just total games played.
If we aren’t going to reschedule Wake and UNC we have room to add 2 games.
Thus we could add St. John’s unless we are going to make up the ACC games.
Roger that guys...

I watched this at least 3 times before I found Kadary haha was a little nervous

I for one look forward to slapping the cats and putting a damper on the start of their new year

Hopefully we hammer Pitt to re spark enthusiasm. Personally I am still kind of meh about this whole season after this second pause. It just feels like an exhibition year and not really a let's get hyped sentiment. Odds are good we haven't seen our last pause so.. let's hope we beat Pitt and Gtown and maybe we can get to 11 or 12-1 by the ACCT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom