Schedule next year...looking pretty good | Syracusefan.com

Schedule next year...looking pretty good

Cuseball

Starter
Out of conference we should have match ups against:
  • Preseason top Top 10 Nova on the road
  • St. John's in the Dome
  • Big Ten/ACC challenge at (probably either MSU, Michigan, Ohio State)
  • Preseason NIT thing (two of either California, Iowa or Texas) - Texas should be top 10
In conference:
  • Likely to play 4 games against preseason top 10 (Duke, UNC and UVA)
  • Hopefully 2 games with top 15 Louisville
  • Typical brawl with Borderline top 25 Pitt
Our young and talented team will be tested by the time March Madness comes around. Record won't be as pretty but we all know that really doesn't matter

Cuse!

I'm thinking 10-11 losses in the regular season

I'm not sure 99% of this board could mentally handle that many losses and being on the NCAA bubble

• St. John's in the Dome
  • Preseason NIT thing (two of either California, Iowa or Texas) - Texas should be top 10
In conference:
Our young and talented team will be tested by the time March Madness comes around. Record won't be as pretty but we all know that really doesn't matter

Cuse!

The 'Nova game isn't on the road. It's in Philly! Seriously though, the crowd will probably be 40% orange. Our fans are awesome.

It's safe to assume we'll play at UNC next year, right? Can't wait if that's the case.

It's safe to assume we'll play at UNC next year, right? Can't wait if that's the case.

The way the schedule rotation seems to work you will play at UNC and host us at the Carrier Dome.

• St. John's in the Dome
In conference:

Cuse!
We know we have 2 vs. BC and Pitt, and only one vs Duke and Miami (unless they change the rules).

I expect 2 vs. LVille. The other home-and-home is anyone's guess.

Are we 100% in the B10/ACC challenge again since we were in it this year?

The worst ACC team gets left out - this year Virginia Tech. It's not like the old Big East's terrible setup for the BE/SEC challenge.

With Louisville coming in, can we shuffle the deck and play them twice a year? You would think the league would want to promote a high level rivalry.

Won't be Michigan St, as we're both due for road games this year. If you look at the projected top 7 B1G teams, only Michigan and Wisconsin will play at home. Of the top 6 ACC teams, Syr, Duke, and Pitt are due for road games. So you'd like to think we'll be @ Ann Arbor or Madison.

Do they really rotate home/away like that though? Duke played Michigan & Ohio St the last two years, both in Cameron.

Our fans will cringe if we have more than 5 losses

Many probably will because of our recent regular season success. I for one will not. Show me player development.

I doubt we play Louisville x2 next year. They will likely get one of Duke or North Carolina x2 as part of their initiation. I doubt they will get Syracuse, one of UNC/Duke, and Virginia, Pitt x2.

Since we will be on the road for the ACC-B1G challenge I see us playing at one of Indiana, Maryland or Michigan.

I think since Duke and Wisconsin will be top 5 teams and maybe 1 and 2 they will probably play in Madison.
Home teams will be for the ACC
North Carolina
Miami
Notre Dame
Boston College
Louisville(Maryland was on the road last year)
Florida State

Road teams for the ACC
Duke
Syracuse
NC State
Virginia
Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech

Then Wake Forest, Clemson will be arranged one home and one away since neither participated last year.

Home teams for the B1G next year
Wisconsin
Indiana
Michigan
Penn State
Illinois
Northwestern
Maryland(the B1G will give them the home over Rutgers most likely)

Road teams for the B1G next year
Michigan State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Minnesota
Iowa
Purdue
Rutgers

My projected matchups as of now projecting how each team looks now for next year. The ACC won't let Duke or North Carolina go to Maryland for a while. I think one of Pitt, Syracuse goes to Maryland. UVA and NC State won't want to do it year 1 either.
Rutgers@Boston College ESPNU
Nebraska@Notre Dame ESPN2
Duke@Wisconsin ESPN
Iowa@North Carolina ESPN
Virginia@Michigan ESPN
Syracuse@ Indiana ESPN
Pittsburgh@Maryland ESPN2
Purdue@Clemson ESPN2
Wake Forest@Northwestern ESPNU
NC State@Illinois ESPN2
Georgia Tech@Penn State ESPNU
Ohio State@Florida State ESPN2
Minnesota @Miami ESPNU
Michigan State@Louisville ESPN

Do they really rotate home/away like that though? Duke played Michigan & Ohio St the last two years, both in Cameron.
No team can play more than 2 years in a row at home or on road. Allegedly Roy Williams asked to be on the road last year for the 2nd year row in a row so the ACC balanced it out by having Duke at home two years in a row as well.
The ACC will want to split its top 4 brands so 2 of them are at home and 2 of them are on the road. Duke will be on the road next year and North Carolina will be at home for sure.
I think the ACC give Louisville a home game like they did us and Pitt this year and Syracuse is on the road next year. I think Syracuse will either play at Indiana if we are projected to be rebuilding or at Maryland because no ACC team will want to go there and Syracuse/Pitt are the new guys to who have to do it in the beginning.

My guess is that we'll host Duke again and play at UNC (I can't see the ACC scheduling @Duke AND @UNC) but then again I can be way off base here. We will also host UVa (I assume).

I think our home and homes in conference next year will be. Pitt, Boston College, NC State, Virginia.

UVA will be good next year again and the ACC will want 2 of those matchups. I think we are @UNC, host Duke, Louisville as well. NC State has a chance to be a decent rivalry as well after this season's 2 matchups and the fact they already hate us and we don't care for them.

Yes. ACC decides based on prior season RPI. Only VaTech will be out next season as B1G goes to 14.

That game potentially vs Texas could be scary. That big boy Ridley and Isaiah Taylor (best PG nobody talks about) will be major problems to deal with. Same with Holmes if he stays for his senior year.

With Louisville coming in, can we shuffle the deck and play them twice a year? You would think the league would want to promote a high level rivalry.
They already do. It's Duke/UNC.

The way the schedule rotation seems to work you will play at UNC and host us at the Carrier Dome.

Looking forward to playing you guys in the Dome. Hoping we can return the favor. ;) Congrats on a great season.

• St. John's in the Dome
In conference:

Cuse!
The schedule won't look good until G-town is on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom