Schedule next year...looking pretty good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule next year...looking pretty good

I would bet anything that we will be playing lville and duke twice.

I would bet anything that we will be playing lville and duke twice.
Don't bet anything then because you would lose.

The ACC can't have Duke-Syracuse play twice again next year unless they change the permanent rivals.

Louisville already has Virginia, and Pittsburgh as home/home opponents next year. Both of them will be top 25 teams and most likely one of North Carolina or Duke will be a home/home opponent for Louisville. I highly doubt Louisville will want its four home/home opponents as UVA, Pitt, SU, and one of Duke/UNC that is a murder schedule.

I bet Louisville gets both Duke and North Carolina at home because Maryland played both on the road and one of Duke/North Carolina gets Louisville at home as well and Louisville plays at Syracuse.

Don't bet anything then because you would lose.

The ACC can't have Duke-Syracuse play twice again next year unless they change the permanent rivals.

Louisville already has Virginia, and Pittsburgh as home/home opponents next year. Both of them will be top 25 teams and most likely one of North Carolina or Duke will be a home/home opponent for Louisville. I highly doubt Louisville will want its four home/home opponents as UVA, Pitt, SU, and one of Duke/UNC that is a murder schedule.

I bet Louisville gets both Duke and North Carolina at home because Maryland played both on the road and one of Duke/North Carolina gets Louisville at home as well and Louisville plays at Syracuse.

After the ratings that those two games got, they will change the rules.

After the ratings that those two games got, they will change the rules.

Even with the huge ratings, it's all relative, and a drop in the bucket compared to other programming. The ACC is not going to sacrifice their integrity and competitive balance for an extra Nielson point.

Even with the huge ratings, it's all relative, and a drop in the bucket compared to other programming. The ACC is not going to sacrifice their integrity and competitive balance for an extra Nielson point.

Espn made a lot of money off of those two games, they are going to force the acc to change their ways.

Col. Bleep said:
The schedule won't look good until G-town is on it.

Only if they agree to all games being at the Dome. Same with UConn. Why help mid majors?

I'm thinking 10-11 losses in the regular season

I'm not sure 99% of this board could mentally handle that many losses and being on the NCAA bubble
Oh hell, I can do it in my sleep!

Georgetown will be back on the schedule once they agree in contract they won't put a Syracuse tax on any games played in Washington D.C. They need us to on their schedule to fillup their arena. I want to see if Kansas gets the Syracuse treatment on their schedule next year. If they don't sell Kansas games as part of joining the Hoya club and buying 2 other games then they will show their colors. Gross will sign a contract today if they didn't pull that crap, but Georgetown wants to have their cake and eat it as well.

two3zone said:
I'll take 12 losses and a final four and be fine.

To add to my own post, I don't even mind losing games to solid teams that play well against us. I get more pissed losing to bad teams or winning and looking like crap against a poor team.

Give me a loss to Duke by 5 rather a win by 3 against St Francis any day.

two3zone said:
I'll take 12 losses and a final four and be fine.

And I bet you and many others will be here pissing and moaning after each if the 12 losses especially since you wouldn't know that at the end of the rainbow would be a F4. Easy to make your comment in theory before the season or in hindsight after the season. Whole other story as the process unfolds.

I'm already prepared for 12 losses next year. I figure anything less will be a successful season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom