Schedule Rumors | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

Thought it might be a good idea to have a post for rumors about future series we are scheduling for football.

Here is one. A UConn fan says a home and home with the Huskies will be announced soon.

If it happens, the earliest it could be scheduled would be 2022 and 2023. Assuming we do not move existing games...

Well, at least you got people talking. Some of the thought about this potential match up are interesting.

Well, at least you got people talking. Some of the thought about this potential match up are interesting.
Always fun to talk about possible future matchups.

So much has changed since John took over. As of today, we have one opening in 2024. That is it until 2027 (assuming we will continue to play a single FCS game each season). Heck, even the FCS games are fully booked except the ones in 2024 and 2025.

We went from one of the last programs in the country to fill up their schedule to one of the most aggressive programs filling up future years very quickly.

Very pleased with this. Really like the future schedules, which I think give the program a realistic chance to win some OOC games and play in some bowl games.

I am guessing there will be an announcement on what we are doing with the 2024 openings shortly. My first thought was that we might schedule that away game at Rutgers for 2024, but I posted an article a while back that indicated the standard contracts for the OOC games provide an out for schools that missed an away OOC game because of things like COVID (act of god, etc). Syracuse only has 6 home games booked for 2024 and would surely prefer to play another home game if possible.

If you want to speculate on FCS opponents, here is a look at what we have been doing in recent years, and are scheduled to do in the future:

2012 SUNY Stony Brook
2013 Wagner
2014 Villanova
2015 Rhode Island
2016 Colgate
2017 Central Connecticut State
2018 Wagner
2019 Holy Cross
2020 none; COVID (was scheduled to play Colgate)
2021 SUNY Albany
2022 Wagner
2023 Colgate
2024 TBD
2025 TBD
2026 New Hampshire

Always fun to talk about possible future matchups.

So much has changed since John took over. As of today, we have one opening in 2024. That is it until 2027 (assuming we will continue to play a single FCS game each season). Heck, even the FCS games are fully booked except the ones in 2024 and 2025.

We went from one of the last programs in the country to fill up their schedule to one of the most aggressive programs filling up future years very quickly.

Very pleased with this. Really like the future schedules, which I think give the program a realistic chance to win some OOC games and play in some bowl games.

I am guessing there will be an announcement on what we are doing with the 2024 openings shortly. My first thought was that we might schedule that away game at Rutgers for 2024, but I posted an article a while back that indicated the standard contracts for the OOC games provide an out for schools that missed an away OOC game because of things like COVID (act of god, etc). Syracuse only has 6 home games booked for 2024 and would surely prefer to play another home game if possible.

If you want to speculate on FCS opponents, here is a look at what we have been doing in recent years, and are scheduled to do in the future:

2012 SUNY Stony Brook
2013 Wagner
2014 Villanova
2015 Rhode Island
2016 Colgate
2017 Central Connecticut State
2018 Wagner
2019 Holy Cross
2020 none; COVID (was scheduled to play Colgate)
2021 SUNY Albany
2022 Wagner
2023 Colgate
2024 TBD
2025 TBD
2026 New Hampshire

I demand that SU plays Sacred Heart as our FCS opponent in 2024... on the road. That way it can (a) be 5 minutes from my house, and (b) make a few posters heads explode. It'd be glorious. Get it done, Johhny Dubs.

I demand that SU plays Sacred Heart as our FCS opponent in 2024... on the road. That way it can (a) be 5 minutes from my house, and (b) make a few posters heads explode. It'd be glorious. Get it done, Johhny Dubs.
1622645709176.jpeg

Their stadium is better than I imagined it to be.

1000% off topic, but Sacred Heart has pumped TONS of money into it's campus over the past 15 years. They're building a new 4,000 seat hockey arena as we speak (which makes me so jealous, SU should have a men's hockey team).
Bobby V has a pretty good network. Shrewd move by SHU to get him as the figurehead/AD and hire under with the day-to-day person.

1000% off topic, but Sacred Heart has pumped TONS of money into it's campus over the past 15 years. They're building a new 4,000 seat hockey arena as we speak (which makes me so jealous, SU should have a men's hockey team).
Standard reply #1 by an AD to statements like that - "Get out your checkbook."

Get out your checkbook for TWO teams. If you add men's hockey, what women's sport do you add to comply with Title IX?
Yup. Probably women's hockey.
Beach Volleyball. ;)
While way more than just "beyond extremely esthetically pleasing", it (I detest having to say this) wouldn't require the expenditure of enough resources to counterbalance men's hockey for Title IX purposes. :(