Schedule Update: Robert Morris on Friday May 7 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Update: Robert Morris on Friday May 7

Heyoooo we have a game! Guess Chris is truly a member of the insider crowd. Pros are we don't have such a long gap before the playoffs, cons are that it is not exactly a slam dunk bunny of a game, they will be out for blood as most newcomers are against the big bad Cuse, and we kind of put our chances of getting into the playoffs at less than 100% by adding this game, when without it they were at 100%

I like it. If Chase isn't going to be back, it's another game to work Seebold into 3rd attack spot. Will also help with 2nd mids getting game reps. Bobby Mo is not a gimme, so the Orange have to be sharp. If they lose to Bobby Mo, they don't belong in the tournament anyway.

While I think another game wouldn't necessarily hurt for some reasons based on the projections lately I think with a win against ND they'd be looking at a 6/7 seed and if they lose I'm thinking a 10/11 seed. So I guess does one more game against a team you're hoping is a gimmie, does it really affect the seeding positively?

A whole lot can change over the next two weeks - surprise teams could all steal an AQ from the Big East, Patriot or Big 10 conferences, upsets could happen in other games, but right now it looks like the Orange have a seed and I think even with a loss to ND, they'd probably still have one. Their overall record wouldn't look pretty but they'd have two big wins against UVA which no other team in that portion of the bracket could come close to. Just looking at the bracket projections though, no matter where you get seeded, there are tough games. Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, and Army are all hovering around those 11-8 seeds. I am not great at the Bracketology business but I think Syracuse's ceiling might be the 5 seed and their basement would be maybe the 9 or 10 seed, depending on what else happens.

I like it. If Chase isn't going to be back, it's another game to work Seebold into 3rd attack spot. Will also help with 2nd mids. Bobby Mo is not a gimme, so the Orange have to be sharp. If they lose to Bobby Mo, they don't belong in the tournament anyway.

Yes, Bobby Mo lost to Duke 16-12, Notre Dame 19-7 and UVA 14-12. A bit all over the place but that UVA game stands out, they will not be a pushover. Wins over Air Force, Colgate, Jacksonville and Bucknell, losses to Drexel and High Point. I think they fall into that category that Jeremy likes to talk about, a dangerous team that will not help your RPI or SOS, but also one you should be expected to beat. But overall I think a game against them is better than no game and its better than a pushover which might lead into over confidence heading into the tournament.

A whole lot can change over the next two weeks - surprise teams could all steal an AQ from the Big East, Patriot or Big 10 conferences, upsets could happen in other games, but right now it looks like the Orange have a seed and I think even with a loss to ND, they'd probably still have one. Their overall record wouldn't look pretty but they'd have two big wins against UVA which no other team in that portion of the bracket could come close to. Just looking at the bracket projections though, no matter where you get seeded, there are tough games. Georgetown, Rutgers, Denver, and Army are all hovering around those 11-8 seeds. I am not great at the Bracketology business but I think Syracuse's ceiling might be the 5 seed and their basement would be maybe the 9 or 10 seed, depending on what else happens.
i dunno. gtown, denver, lehigh all lose conf tourneys? maybe even a b1g team sneaks in?

thought cuse might need a game previous to uva game, with romo best bet. then thought they'd bail unless it was a bunny. romo is not a bunny.

one thing is for sure, desko will not be hiring me to do his scheduling. or i'd quit, one or the other.

Heyoooo we have a game! Guess Chris is truly a member of the insider crowd. Pros are we don't have such a long gap before the playoffs, cons are that it is not exactly a slam dunk bunny of a game, they will be out for blood as most newcomers are against the big bad Cuse, and we kind of put our chances of getting into the playoffs at less than 100% by adding this game, when without it they were at 100%
watched a couple Robert Morris games. They are a very solid dangerous team with a Nanticoke like 235 lbs. attack who can wreck a long stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom