Schiano outcoached Marrone... | Syracusefan.com

Schiano outcoached Marrone...

RRRUUU

Walk On
I have read for two years on this forum that Doug Marrone was a much better coach then Greg Schiano.
Yesterday told a different story. Schiano exploited holes in your special teams and his defense completely shut down your O. Marrone was predictable on O and was stubborn/rigid with his game calling. He didn't even have enough faith in your team to gain a few inches in OT on a short 4th and 1. Schiano made a gutsy call bringing in Nova as well which turned out to be a great move.

Greg won the head to head coaching battle by any objective measure yesterday...

If our guys could hold onto the football it would've been a 3 score game.

Go back to NJ and let us know how the MAC or C-USA turns out.

Oh god, please Ru won fine but Schiano didnt outcoach anyone. Any objective fan could see if not for 6 blatant dropped Int's including a sure pick six SU is up 3td's. Not to mention an INT in the endzone of the hands of an open WR. Rutgers got lucky, good luck with that offense versus WVU, Cincy and Pitt.

I have read for two years on this forum that Doug Marrone was a much better coach then Greg Schiano.
Yesterday told a different story. Schiano exploited holes in your special teams and his defense completely shut down your O. Marrone was predictable on O and was stubborn/rigid with his game calling. He didn't even have enough faith in your team to gain a few inches in OT on a short 4th and 1. Schiano made a gutsy call bringing in Nova as well which turned out to be a great move.

Any program that in three years plays 5 true freshmen at QB is not a well run program. You guys got lucky and tied the game late and caught a break in OT. Good for you. How's that line up with the Rutgers attitude how much better Rutgers is. You squeeked out gift win. Say thank you and move along. If I was NJSt I wouldn't be gloating too much about this one.

Our D with 2 of our 3 best players out and with you having the "offensive guru" Cignetti did absolutely nothing. On offense, we shot ourselves in the foot several times where it had zero to do with rutgers. On specials, sure you blocked some kicks but we had trouble with that against Toledo too. None of that hardly points to Schiano out coaching Marrone. If anything, Marrone out coached himself with some decisions he made. If I was you, I'd be very worried about that offense. You have zero run game, no QB's and one playmaker. You all hung your hats on Cignetti and what he did at Pitt vs. SU. Guss that was overblown. Both Wake and Toledo were better teams than rutgers. We just had too many player and coaches mistakes in decisions and execution many of which had nothing to do with what rutgers was or wasn't doing. I really don't see where you can be proud of what Schiano did or didn't do. He had no role in the game at all with anything that happened or any decision he made. I guess you can take comfort in the fact he finally decided to get a 5'6 QB out of there and go with a true frosh QB for about the 10th year in a row.

If that is true then Marrone should starting selling insurance tomorrow. Anybody that is "outcoached" by Schiano should be stocking shelves somewhere because, my delusional friend, Schiano couldn't outcoach a bullfrog.

If our guys could hold onto the football it would've been a 3 score game.

Go back to NJ and let us know how the MAC or C-USA turns out.

We shanked three FG's(including a game winner in the 4th), had a TD called back after a blocked kick for a questionable call 30 yards behind the play, our receivers(Coleman in particular) dropped a sure TD, Nova throws an incomplete pass which the refs call a fumble(just complete BS after rewatching the play after I got home) and hands you the ball in our redzone.

Funny how you feel you were the only team that left points out there...

LOL 1 missed XP, 1 blocked FG, 1 severely shanked FG, SU started inside the RU 30 3 times and got 0 zero points and Schiano out-coached Marrone you are a great comedian. Your coach did nothing we were not prepared for Congrats on the win but to actually claim this is so laughable I would think you are Marinatto claiming the Big East will come out stronger after this 2nd raid. Good job by RU overcoming the deficit but if you can't recognize your team is not good and neither is SU then you got onions. SU dropped 6 INTs and turned the ball over 5 times and still were in a strong position to win if we played Toledo, Wake or anybody like RU we lose that game by 30 but of course Schiano out-coached Marrone. It was a game of dumb and dumber and I thought it was hilarious Schiano reacted like he won the Super Bowl when the game ended. In two years we will be playing a real schedule and you guys will enjoy roadtrips to Temple, Air Force, and whatever team you guys add in the New New Big East. Enjoy the win give credit to your teams heart and comeback, but not try to telling Schiano coached any better.

No one "out coached" anyone yesterday. That was simply a hellaciously played football game that the rules mandated someone had to win.

Christ, it's like saying Rosanne Barr "out beautied" Camryn Manheim yesterday.

Agree both teams left a lot points off the scoreboard. I will say this...the game was brutal to watch.

Greg won the head to head coaching bat
tle by any objective measure yesterday...

This post shows how much of an ass you truly are.

Our D with 2 of our 3 best players out and with you having the "offensive guru" Cignetti did absolutely nothing. On offense, we shot ourselves in the foot several times where it had zero to do with rutgers. On specials, sure you blocked some kicks but we had trouble with that against Toledo too. None of that hardly points to Schiano out coaching Marrone. If anything, Marrone out coached himself with some decisions he made. If I was you, I'd be very worried about that offense. You have zero run game, no QB's and one playmaker. You all hung your hats on Cignetti and what he did at Pitt vs. SU. Guss that was overblown. Both Wake and Toledo were better teams than rutgers. We just had too many player and coaches mistakes in decisions and execution many of which had nothing to do with what rutgers was or wasn't doing. I really don't see where you can be proud of what Schiano did or didn't do. He had no role in the game at all with anything that happened or any decision he made. I guess you can take comfort in the fact he finally decided to get a 5'6 QB out of there and go with a true frosh QB for about the 10th year in a row.

Schiano is our defensive coordinator and he shut down "the vanted ex Saints O coordinator goldenboy" Doug Marrone. Being that our D completely dominated your O even when we/the refs gave you the ball on a short field and Schiano runs the D who should get credit for that? I don't argue that Cignetti needs to work on things although we missed a ton of open receivers for big plays. As for you I would be very worried about your O. You have no playmakers and a predictable O. You are pretty fortunate to not be 1-4 right now(had the Wake QB not went down and the refs not given you the Toledo game).

As for Schiano playing a freshman QB "for the tenth year in a row" good for him that he has the guts to try and make changes to help the team win. Better to be Marrone and stick with what is NOT working? He obviously doesn't have the confidence in your team or himself to get a few inches when the game is on the line either.

Hopefully the basketball presidents rule the day and cut us loose after this year. I look forward to the day we don't have RU trolls on the boards.

Marrone is in year #3 of rebuilding a program that was left for dead and everyone know you need 5 recruiting classes before a coach can truly be evaluated. The one thing that our former head coach Greg Robinson was right about during his tenure on the hill was the fact that Schiano and Rutgers were a "one year wonder."

Schiano did not outcoach anyone yesterday. Our players simply failed to execute the game plan and Nassib played his worst game of the year (missing Van Chew who was wide open for a TD, throwing a terrible bubble screen for an INT, etc.)

We can't wait to see some quality football teams like Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech from the ACC coming into the dome while you are playing the likes of Temple, ECU, UCF, etc. in the new Big East !:rolling:

About the only thing i can give Shiano credit for yesterday is not shitting his pants on the field after he realized just how lucky he was

This speaks volumes about how much Rutgers' fans know about football. If you gloating about that disaster being anything close to "outcoaching" someone...that's pretty sad. It's like taking pride in winning the worst football game ever played. If that game is what you take pride in...Rutgers really i what I think they are.

So in that sense, something good did come from the game yesterday. Rutgers is still Rutgers. It's confirmed.

44cuse

Yeah all of your delay of game penalties were strategic, I'm sure...

We shanked three FG's(including a game winner in the 4th), had a TD called back after a blocked kick for a questionable call 30 yards behind the play, our receivers(Coleman in particular) dropped a sure TD, Nova throws an incomplete pass which the refs call a fumble(just complete BS after rewatching the play after I got home) and hands you the ball in our redzone.

Funny how you feel you were the only team that left points out there...

47 yarders aren't shanked. Anything outside of 40 really isn't. And you scored on that other drive anyway.

Point being if we took care of business none of those other plays would've happened anyway.

My guess is on Nova is that it could've been a lateral. Hard to tell on the camera angle and he was spinning like a top when he threw it. If anything that's a learning experience for your guy.

Seriously, this is an ignorant post. But that's OK, it gets you prepped for posting on the Northern Illinois board when Rutgers gets to the MAC championship game in a few years

Edit: My response was uncalled for. In reality, Rutgers will never contend for the championship when they get to the MAC. My apologies to the rest of the MAC.

No one "out coached" anyone yesterday. That was simply a hellaciously played football game that the rules mandated someone had to win.

Christ, it's like saying Rosanne Barr "out beautied" Camryn Manheim yesterday.

We got a winner here. Horrendously coached, played all around. Marrone was terrible, and Schiano was Schiano.

That said, Marrone on his best day is 10x the coach schiano is. Hopefully this is our last game with the 'Girls so we can stop being force fed the delusion of posters like rrrruuuu.

This post shows how much of an ass you truly are.

I have been saying this forever. This guy is a delusional troll. Certainly not a friend of the board. He's no ArizonaKnight or Rutgers Al

Nova throws an incomplete pass which the refs call a fumble(just complete BS after rewatching the play..

You realize a ball that goes backwards is not a pass right? If you really watched that play again and are being honest, you'd see the ball went backwards, biy forward.

Sent from my DROIDX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom