Schiano outcoached Marrone... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schiano outcoached Marrone...

You realize a ball that goes backwards is not a pass right? If you really watched that play again and are being honest, you'd see the ball went backwards, biy forward.

Sent from my DROIDX

Watch the replay. I did three times today. Even the announcers point out how it should be ruled an incomplete pass after watching the review. Nova throws the ball forward while being pulled down outside of the tackle box and it hits his own foot after leaving his hand. That is an incomplete pass regardless if it bounces backwards after it hits the ground.

I'm stuck thinking I want SU to play them one more time versus wanting to get out of the BE ASAP...

I have read for two years on this forum that Doug Marrone was a much better coach then Greg Schiano.
Yesterday told a different story. Schiano exploited holes in your special teams and his defense completely shut down your O. Marrone was predictable on O and was stubborn/rigid with his game calling. He didn't even have enough faith in your team to gain a few inches in OT on a short 4th and 1. Schiano made a gutsy call bringing in Nova as well which turned out to be a great move.

Greg won the head to head coaching battle by any objective measure yesterday...
Doesn't make Shady a better coach (need to look at the body of work), but I have to agree with you re: yesterday's coaching job. Awful job yesterday by the Orange coaching staff.

even an idiot knows SU should have won by say 2 td's. Get some class and go home for a while.

Watch the replay. I did three times today. Even the announcers point out how it should be ruled in incomplete after watching the review. Nova throws the ball forward while being pulled down otside of the tackle box and it hits his own foot after leaving his hand. That is an incomplete pass regardless if it bounces backwards afterwards.
Just go away if seriously you are truly going to claim Schiano outcoached Marrone feel free to do it on the Rutgers messageboard. You obviously watched a different game if you feel that way, but we live in USA and everyone is entitled to their opinion with that said my family in NJ are more thankful they won when both teams played like s#it rather than talk any. FACT: If SU played like they did against RU versus Wake, USC, Toledo will LOSE ALL 3 game by 3+ TDs. Your team won Congratulations, but you are no RutgersAl and are pimple on the ass of the RU community if you actually come here fighting the stupidest points. Go back to the RU board and pray your AD can get you an invite into a real conference because our future is bright as a summer day while your future is bleaker by the day it seems like the Big East is going to survive and adds less cache schools. Congrats on the win, but the issue you are arguing is so ridlicious you should just concede it wasn't coaching and both sides played like s#it,but RU made less self mistakes.

Watch the replay. I did three times today. Even the announcers point out how it should be ruled an incomplete pass after watching the review. Nova throws the ball forward while being pulled down outside of the tackle box and it hits his own foot after leaving his hand. That is an incomplete pass regardless if it bounces backwards afterwards it hits the ground.

Your complaints are very weak

The announcers were morons. He definitely tried to throw the ball but the announcers didn't mention that he was all twisted and not facing forward. If he was facing backwards or sideways and his arm is moving forward from his body (meaning sidways or backwards) it is a lateral and they failed to mention that. It may have been been going forward, but I think it was hard to tell which way was forward and backward with the camera angles and that's why the play couldn't be overturned. Just to show how dumb they were was they kept mentioning that he was out of the tackle box and that meant it couldn't be intentional grounding, but even if he is outside the tackle box the ball must make it to the line of scrimmage if there is not a receiver in the immediate vicinity so announers were wrong there too.

The penalty on the block field goal return did seem like a little petty from the tv view, but the point was moot because they scored a td on that drive anyways. In fact it may have benefited Rutgers because it would have given us a lot more time on the clock to have a more sustained drive to try to take the lead at end instead of 2 min drill.

had a TD called back after a blocked kick for a questionable call 30 yards behind the play
You scored on that possession.There were no points lost there.The only difference it made was less time for us on O at the end.

Seriously, this is an ignorant post. But that's OK, it gets you prepped for posting on the Northern Illinois board when Rutgers gets to the MAC championship game in a few years

Anyone who tries to use yesterday's game as an example of Schiano's coaching ability is, at best, grasping for straws. We've heard for years how great he's recruited, how much talent he has. We heard all week how Rutgers was going to blow out SU from their delusional fanbase because of the talent discrepancy. Yet, when the game is played, the only reason why RU came away with a victory is because SU shot itself in the foot 3 or 4 times. SU should have won this game going away by 2 touchdowns or more.

When you have a roster with as much talent as Schiano supposedly has, to win in that fashion is not a measure of coaching ability. The only person who deserved a gameball yesterday was Shafer, by shutting down RU's offense with a depleted defensive secondary and a defense missing it's two best players, Chandler Jones and Shamarko Thomas.

While I think Marrone was a dud yesterday, I believe without a shadow of a doubt that if Marrone and his staff were coaching the Rutgers players and Schiano and his staff were coaching the Syracuse players, the Rutgers players would have won by at least 35 points (if not more).

The talent level differential is significant (which is a credit to Schiano's recruiting abilities), but Schiano gets so little out of it, it's actually a shame.

out coached by that loser, Schiano; no way; he lucked out that we gave the game away.
A healthy SU team and we never loose to Rutgirls. Savor your yuks now as your program slides back to the ooze it came from and is returning to.

you guys scored after the fg block was called back. You did know that didn't you? No points left on the field on that one. Others already mentioned that the pass was backward. The ref should have explained that to you and the other two in the booth who don't knwo the game. Your program is a joke and you are going to be left behing when the final leagues are formed. Back to playing Princeton or in other words, your ooc games.

Anyone who tries to use yesterday's game as an example of Schiano's coaching ability is, at best, grasping for straws. We've heard for years how great he's recruited, how much talent he has. We heard all week how Rutgers was going to blow out SU from their delusional fanbase because of the talent discrepancy. Yet, when the game is played, the only reason why RU came away with a victory is because SU shot itself in the foot 3 or 4 times. SU should have won this game going away by 2 touchdowns or more.

When you have a roster with as much talent as Schiano supposedly has, to win in that fashion is not a measure of coaching ability. The only person who deserved a gameball yesterday was Shafer, by shutting down RU's offense with a depleted defensive secondary and a defense missing it's two best players, Chandler Jones and Shamarko Thomas.

How is it that Schiano(who coaches our D and helps with specials) deserves no credit for the dominating defensive showing yesterday??? His defense CAUSED several turnovers and held strong. Even when they were constantly put into tough situations with SU starting with great field position but coming away with little. On your last series in the 4th he called a timeout and made another defensive adjustment witch led to another critical interception for the D. Cignetti runs the O and they played poorly. Schiano coached a great game for the D/specials and I don't see why it is so hard to acknowledge that.

How is it that Schiano(who coaches our D and helps with specials) deserves no credit for the dominating defensive showing yesterday??? His defense CAUSED several turnovers and held strong. Even when they were constantly put into tough situations with SU starting with great field position but coming away with little. On your last series in the 4th he called a timeout and made another defensive adjustment witch led to another critical interception for the D. Cignetti runs the O and they played poorly. Schiano coached a great game for the D/specials and I don't see why it is so hard to acknowledge that.
Our O stopped itself as much or more than your D did would be the answer.Pretty obvious to anyone watching I would think.

Why don't you acknowledge you're a ing geek who spends his goddamned weekend on an opponents message board. Great win, congrats, now go get all masterbatory on your own ing board pissant. We beat ourselves. off.

Greg is now 1-2 against Marrone. I guess he is about 1/3 the coach. And that isn't good news for marrone. A real coach has to be 5 times the coach Greg is.

I have read for two years on this forum that Doug Marrone was a much better coach then Greg Schiano.
Yesterday told a different story. Schiano exploited holes in your special teams and his defense completely shut down your O. Marrone was predictable on O and was stubborn/rigid with his game calling. He didn't even have enough faith in your team to gain a few inches in OT on a short 4th and 1. Schiano made a gutsy call bringing in Nova as well which turned out to be a great move.

No.

As a matter of fact Schiano demonstrated quite well yesterday that he is an inept football coach.

He was nothing more than lucky yesterday - his team won despite a series of bad decisions made by the Rutgers sideline - including the boneheaded decision to bring in Nova .

His team - which includes a number of physically gifted kids - deserves better than Greg Schiano.

Having said that, I do agree that the Orange should have won the game but for a series of silly mistakes by the players and coaches.

It was truly an embarrassing moment for us.

Calling a slant pattern to a freshman WR who hasnt caught a ball yet on 1st and 5 up 10 in the 3rd which results in a deflected interception off HIS hands has nothing to do with calling a good defensive game. If Hacket's head wasn't in his ass SU is up 20-3 late in the third. Throwing a pic to a D lineman on a screen pass inside the RU 30 has nothing to do with defensive playcalling. One is a horrible call on the part of the OC and the other on the part of Nassib.

Again, Rutgers did not win this game, SU lost it. If you want to hang this on Schiano's coaching ability, so be it, but to take that position is hardly objective.

Schiano's special teams D was aggressive, and I give them credit for not only the 2 blocks but also giving Krautman fits. But if they were well coached, they wouldn't be making stupid penalties that get defensive touchdowns called back. I also wouldn't be hanging your hat on specials, your kicker missed 3 FG's in regulation!

Can you imagine watching that game yesterday and thinking "my coach outcoached your coach?"

And then spending the time to type it?

I'm sure the in-game thoughts from your average Rutgers game were very positive towards their staff. And no, please don't direct me to their board, I'd rather drink my own pee than read that.

This is like listening to parents talking about how their kid is smarter than the other parent's kid because one got a 45 on a math test and the other got a 46. They both sucked.

Watch the replay. I did three times today. Even the announcers point out how it should be ruled an incomplete pass after watching the review. Nova throws the ball forward while being pulled down outside of the tackle box and it hits his own foot after leaving his hand. That is an incomplete pass regardless if it bounces backwards after it hits the ground.

Actually it is either a sack or intentional grounding with loss of down since the ball never made it to the line of scrimmage ... but half of your schmuck fanbase can't read so I wouldn't expect any of you to be familiar with the rule book ... especially since its only been about 5 years since they have actually learned to play football at RU ... why do we even entertain such a pathetic, look at me, oh how I wish I had your history to back up my complete posting rubbish fan base? A majority of that fanbase is either worthless or completely out of touch with reality ...

Hopefully the basketball presidents rule the day and cut us loose after this year. I look forward to the day we don't have RU trolls on the boards.

Unfortunately they will always troll this board because they want us to accept them ... poor pathetic creatures just don't get it.

If you were near me I would poor my beer on your head.