Schwartz to be on Cowherd in 5 minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schwartz to be on Cowherd in 5 minutes

Cowherd wasn't defending him at all, just said he has been covering breaking stories for 20 years. And I don't like Cowherd and hate to defend him.

Cowherd definitely in the corner of the reporter. Talked him up for 20 - 30 seconds to conclude the interview. Definitely siding with him in this battle.

Sounded to me like he was protecting a wounded animal. Schwartz is now back on his heels and needs something else to break his way in order to save his credibility.

I can't stand the fact that Schwarz is legally allowed to constantly lie about facts. I made a thread about this last night, and he just keeps digging more and more as today goes along. How in god's name is this LEGAL???????
It'll be found illegal when Fine sues ESPN if he's proven innocent. Some journalists don't have integrity. Schwartz is one of them.

I can't stand the fact that Schwarz is legally allowed to constantly lie about facts. I made a thread about this last night, and he just keeps digging more and more as today goes along. How in god's name is this LEGAL???????

First amendment. He's scum, but there are civil recourse, not criminal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Another interesting point: He said Lang felt guilty about introducing Davis to Bernie. I find this interesting because didn't Schwartz say Davis met Bernie by selling chocolate bars at his house?

Another interesting point: He said Lang felt guilty about introducing Davis to Bernie. I find this interesting because didn't Schwartz say Davis met Bernie by selling chocolate bars at his house?
If that's what was said about how Davis meet Bernie, right there is the end of the case.

If we are lucky, this might be an iconic story that changes the way sports reporting is handled. If Bernie is cleared and sues ESPN, you might see a whole new attitude on how they report things. The thing that really needs to happen if Bernie is cleared, all the fans need to keep the pressure on ESPN and make it a big deal how they rush to report false reports. If Bernie is cleared and we let ESPN off the hook they will continue to bring these false stories to light.

It'll be found illegal when Fine sues ESPN if he's proven innocent. Some journalists don't have integrity. Schwartz is one of them.
How is he going to prove his "innocence" ... all that can come from this are University and police investigations that can say that there exists no substantiation or corroboration to the allegations ... it can't say that BF is innocent unless Dingo and Dildo come forward and say they lied. And even then BF can't really do anything about Shlotz and ESPN b/c they are only going by the false allegations made by the "victims". BF could, obviously, sue the 2 "victims" ... but where is he going with that? These guys are deadheads (not the Grateful Dead variety btw) and, as far as we know, totally unproductive members of society.

If that's what was said about how Davis meet Bernie, right there is the end of the case.
I didn't see/hear that! I thought it was fishy that Lang was a ball boy for SU and didn't meet Bernie through his brother but randomly selling candy door to door. Hmmmm

If we are lucky, this might be an iconic story that changes the way sports reporting is handled. If Bernie is cleared and sues ESPN, you might see a whole new attitude on how they report things. The thing that really needs to happen if Bernie is cleared, all the fans need to keep the pressure on ESPN and make it a big deal how they rush to report false reports. If Bernie is cleared and we let ESPN off the hook they will continue to bring these false stories to light.

It's called Freedom of the Press (I think it's somewhere in the Constitution) meaning they can write any f***ing thing they want hiding behind the constitutionality of their reports. How many celebs win or even try to win a courtcase against the tattletale press?

How is he going to prove his "innocence" ... all that can come from this are University and police investigations that can say that there exists no substantiation or corroboration to the allegations ... it can't say that BF is innocent unless Dingo and Dildo come forward and say they lied. And even then BF can't really do anything about Shlotz and ESPN b/c they are only going by the false allegations made by the "victims". BF could, obviously, sue the 2 "victims" ... but where is he going with that? These guys are deadheads (not the Grateful Dead variety btw) and, as far as we know, totally unproductive members of society.
He won't sue the accusers, but he could have a case against ESPN if there is any statement that isn't quoted as being "alleged". You can't, as a news source, defame anyone without facts behind your statements.

It's called Freedom of the Press (I think it's somewhere in the Constitution) meaning they can write any f***ing thing they want hiding behind the constitutionality of their reports. How many celebs win or even try to win a courtcase against the tattletale press?
There is also Libel and Slander, which this could fall into. Statements made by espn would have to be reviewed and whatnot, though.

The problem would be how other victims are perceived down the road - as much as the PSU thing shed light for people coming forward, the way espn has handled this could have the opposite effect

So another issue here... Mike Waters did an interview with CBS sports today. He says he was one of the people investigating the allegation in 2002, and Waters just said that Mike Lang was questioned and absolutely DENIED all allegations with bernie fine at the time. So he said in 2002 that nothing ever happened to him, and that he knew of NOONE to ever have problems with Fine. So now this guy decides to say exactly the opposite...and he is a credible witness??????????????

So another issue here... Mike Waters did an interview with CBS sports today. He says he was one of the people investigating the allegation in 2002, and Waters just said that Mike Lang was questioned and absolutely DENIED all allegations with bernie fine at the time. So he said in 2002 that nothing ever happened to him, and that he knew of NOONE to ever have problems with Fine. So now this guy decides to say exactly the opposite...and he is a credible witness??????????????
huh. I could have sworn it was established that Lang wasn't one of the prospective corroborators in 02/03/05. But Waters is now saying he was??

huh. I could have sworn it was established that Lang wasn't one of the prospective corroborators in 02/03/05. But Waters is now saying he was??
That older brother made me laugh hysterically. He was like that relative everybody avoids at reunions because he is always drunk and causing problems.

Cracks me up that folks here think Schwarz will pay for this. He will just move on to the next story...

Waters said this? Is there a link?

If this is true. Game. Over.

They didn't say Lang meet Bernie by selling candy bars?
From the Scharz and Berko article:

Davis said he first met Fine in 1983 while selling candy in his neighborhood door to door.

It's weird ... Schwartz begins his latest interview with saying he met Bernie while selling candy bars, then halfway through the same freaking interview he states that he was introduced to him by his step brother.

This is all in the same damn piece that they are now running? Which is it Schwartzie? The guy contridicts himself in the same flippin story, good lord this is pissing me off.

Don't worry if it turns out to be false, then the University and Fine can sue for slander.

But you want both Boeheim and Fine fired, right?

I was mad yesterday after the allegations, if they're true I want them fired. I'm willing to let this play out now, though.

That older brother made me laugh hysterically. He was like that relative everybody avoids at reunions because he is always drunk and causing problems.

I was that relative once. Once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom