Score and synopsis | Syracusefan.com

Score and synopsis

iommi

Living Legend
I am without power. Can someone give me a score and a brief overview of the game. Thanks in advance .

I am without power. Can someone give me a score and a brief overview of the game. Thanks in advance .

53-29. We look good. Mcw with 2 three pointers and some good looks. Bigs look ok. Keita actually looks pretty good. Defensively we are ok. Very long this year but somewhat sloppy.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks marsh, look forward to another year shooting the stuff with you...

In fairness, JB has been running subs in and out practically every dead ball, so it is tough to see any lineup continuity.

But there has been some sloppiness on both ends of the floor.

Impressed by MCW's handle, and he looks like a smooth shooter. Coleman has really hustled / run the floor well, and he's gotten a few inside looks to drop. Rak had a decent half without doing much offensively [a couple of nice passes from him]. CJ looked very strong early, Southerland hit some shots, and Grant was active. Triche quiet, and Baye had a couple of nice buckets.

Thanks marsh, look forward to another year shooting the stuff with you...
Ditto dude. Dont be a stranger

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I had a dream last night that CJ was out with an ankle injury... One of those dreams that seemed real. Glad it's not a reality. Thanks for the updates. One midway through the next half would be appreciated. It's torture not watching .

In fairness, JB has been running subs in and out practically every dead ball, so it is tough to see any lineup continuity.

But there has been some sloppiness on both ends of the floor.

Impressed by MCW's handle, and he looks like a smooth shooter. Coleman has really hustled / run the floor well, and he's gotten a few inside looks to drop. Rak had a decent half without doing much offensively [a couple of nice passes from him]. CJ looked very strong early, Southerland hit some shots, and Grant was active. Triche quiet, and Baye had a couple of nice buckets.

It's because we're missing a ballhander on offense. Not having Cooney, when one of the guards are out, James isn't thinking about helping bring the ball upcourt or setting up the offense. He goes to his shooter's position, that's why the offense looked bad in the 2nd part of the first half.

No power here either. How does Cooney look?
Not playing... Had his tonsils taken out. He's eating plenty of ice cream like Cindy and Carol Brady.

More of the same in the second half. Lots of subs, lot of funky lineups. 75-52 right now.

Keita having a nice half. Southerland had a nice spurt earlier in the second with a couple of baskets. We're rebounding well, sloppy on defense a bit. Rak's got several nice blocked shots. Turning the ball over more than I like to see [big departure from how we played last year].

If you listen to Mark Larson we are doomed because we have no energy in the 2nd half and Pace's plucky white shooter is hot making 4 3 pt's and we are only winning by 24 points.

Bump begging for an update
99-63
Dirty with 18
Coleman like 11 and 6...about three blocks played some 4 and 5
Rak looked timid on offense, but hit the boards got put backs (had a very nice put back dunk) , think they said he had 8 blocks?
MCW hit some shots had 7 assit i think, had some sloppy plays.
Triche, ehhh, same ole triche
Grant had some nice dunks played near the rim, dont think he hit any jump shots
Keita was 7-8 with 14
Fair hit some 3s played very well, hit the boards nicely

Thanks for the updates... More insights please.

I wasn't impressed with the way we played defense...thought that Southerland had a really good game in limited minutes...Fair was a little sloppy with the ball (for Fair).

Thanks for the updates... More insights please.

Defense was pretty good in the first half and then got a bit sloppy in the second half as we had such a big lead. We shot it well. Triche was the only one that really is the status quo hasnt really improved but hasnt regressed player. I just t hink he is who he is and we will ride the good and the bad with him all season long. James played the 2 with Cooney out. Curious is we see more of that this year if we want to go long on top.

Never want to read too much into an Exhibition game, but:

-It's early but Baye appears to be much improved at catching/holding spherical objects which enter into his vicinity.
-DC2 very active. I was a little skeptical of him at the 4, but I think he can give us some minutes there now.
-MCW era(1 year) is going to be fun. Just love watching that kid play.
-We played zone for the whole game I think, which I don't remember in year's past. Seems like we went a lot more man in year's past.
-You know how they say a certain team looks great getting off the bus because they're so physically imposing? Yeah, that's not Pace. They might look the worst getting off the bus. Did I hear right that they had a kid who was listed at 5'5", 140? What is he in reality? 5'2", 112?
-This team to me seems built an awful lot like 09-10. Pieces fit in fairly similarly to me.

Defense was pretty good in the first half and then got a bit sloppy in the second half as we had such a big lead. We shot it well. Triche was the only one that really is the status quo hasnt really improved but hasnt regressed player. I just t hink he is who he is and we will ride the good and the bad with him all season long. James played the 2 with Cooney out. Curious is we see more of that this year if we want to go long on top.

Agree, though the defense looked worse from where I sat. Considerably less hungry - Mike in particular - than what we saw from last year's group (to be expected, perhaps, with a 6'8" wing playing the 2 for long stretches and a bunch of young guys out there).

Coleman's really talented. Quick to look for the outlet (nobody else really looked to push off Pace's misses) and seemed to be going at max effort in his time on the court. South looked good, too.

Not a ton of takeaways; it'll be interesting to see the full group playing on Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom