Score error--could have affected the outcome | Syracusefan.com

Score error--could have affected the outcome

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere--

Check the tape from the middle of the first half. 7:38 to play. McClung hits a jump shot from the right wing. He has one foot on the line, and one foot inside it. Two officials indicate a 2-point goal, but 3 points are added to the GTown total, from 17 to 20.

Glad we didn't lose by one.

holy ... thats the 2nd mistake this year. The Marek 3 they called a 2 against uconn where he was a full foot behind the line too.

Cant say i've ever seen it once actually stay incorrect - now its twice in 1 season to the same team?!?

Screenshot_20181208-201726~2.png

if the call was reviewed it probably was correct. they look at the same angles we do. many times.

That still is a little blurry but it was clearly a 2.

Obviously, not as clear as I thought. But the officials said "2" in real time, and I don't see enough there to change their call.

The officials didn't indicate 2 points in real time. They both immediately gave the "mark for review" motion to the scorers. When that happens there is essentially no call on the play and whatever they see on replay is what they go with.

They clearly had a difficult time with the review. Seemed to go on forever. When they came out of the huddle I sear to god, the one official looked like he gesture that suggested they couldn’t tell.

I assumed it was called a three and they didn’t have a view that would allow them to say it shouldn’t have been a three.

The officials didn't indicate 2 points in real time. They both immediately gave the "mark for review" motion to the scorers. When that happens there is essentially no call on the play and whatever they see on replay is what they go with.
I was sure that the official in the corner near the SU bench held up 2 fingers to the scorer's table.

What is the "mark for review" motion?

I was sure that the official in the corner near the SU bench held up 2 fingers to the scorer's table.

What is the "mark for review" motion?

Held up two fingers and swirled them around

Okay.
There were 2 officials in the frame, and neither of them held up "Touchdown" for a 3-point goal.
They can signal either and also indicate they’re going to review it they did review it and all three of them decided it was a three as it was

I see separation from the line and the regular court color it’s a three

Until he plants the front of his foot. Front right thrrr is no court between it. Unless he pushes off with his heel it is a 2. Video confirms it if you watch.

So, lemme see if I got this. Refs made a call that looked pretty close, either way. Went to the review, and it was decided the refs got it right. How about that! :)

Until he plants the front of his foot. Front right thrrr is no court between it. Unless he pushes off with his heel it is a 2. Video confirms it if you watch.
Strongly disagree

So, lemme see if I got this. Refs made a call that looked pretty close, either way. Went to the review, and it was decided the refs got it right. How about that! :)
No as it says in the thread above it was ruled a two live but it was also indicated they would review it. They reviewed it and gave a three which means it’s a three

Strongly disagree

I rewatched it again today. It was a 2. Not saying it was not close but when he completes setting his feet the tip of his shoe is on the line. Blowing it up on a 65 inch screen helps to see it.

Held up two fingers and swirled them around
I rewatched the sequence. The outside official, nearest the camera, did in fact swirl his fingers. The baseline official near the SU bench put out 2 fingers, but pointed them down toward the court, indicating a 2-point goal.
The third official was not in the frame. So we have one voting for a 2, one not sure. And as close as it was, they still went with 3.

As I originally said, glad we didn't lose by one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom