Sean McDonough will do play by play for SU/Clemson game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean McDonough will do play by play for SU/Clemson game

Pitt may very well have a loss by then, they play Virginia week 1. Not sure if it would be a very attractive matchup

McDonough doing the game has no bearing on Gameday. Gameday has been at CBS and Fox games. It might mean we're on ESPN instead of ABC, but I really don't understand all the hand wringing.

He should have turned down the Arents Award.

What's more important ... McDonough getting recognized as an outstanding alumni, or Lee Corso putting on an Otto head.
Don’t work for one weekend. His bosses could give him the week off.
How dare fans be upset an alumni getting an award could turn away college Gameday.
My god get off the damn high horse.
People are entitled to be frustrated if this ends up costing us CCG.

How dare fans be upset an alumni getting an award could turn away college Gameday.

Clearly you can't recognize the "SARCASM" font when it's being used.

Do better next time.

I don’t understand how this impacts Gameday. Gameday travels to CBS and FOX games frequently, so who the ABC play by play guy is probably doesn’t mean that much

They were also just at Notre Dame last season. Didn't seen Herbstreit and Fowler on NBC for that game.

Agree. I think that its become almost an honor thing among SU fans at this point. We are already the premiere primetime game, and no game day would actually make things logistically easier. ...

An e-mail I got the other day referenced the Clemson pre-game alumni tailgate as possibly being at the Women's Building instead of the Quad.

So yeah, no Gameday would simplify some stuff.

Nothing against Sean, who's as good as they come, but I was hoping we'd get Fowler/Herby for the game.

Those two often do a different game from gameday. But since we're the prime time game that they typically do, they might pull a 3:30 slot to stay on ABC. Which allows less time for Herby's travel. They would have to do something nearby, like say PSU vs Pitt.

I hate Herbstreit. He has always dumped on us. Screw him.

I hate Herbstreit. He has always dumped on us. Screw him.

Truthfully we’ve often been worthy of dumping on lately.

Now that we’re not, and we’re getting the 7:30 ABC time slot, I was hoping we could also get the #1 most recognizable broadcasting team that comes with that time slot. Oh well. Good to have first world problems again.

Ok just read the article so this isn't as bad of news regarding Game Day as I originally thought. That said, I think this could be a small factor that tips the balance to another game. Announce crews like to stick together.

One more thing. That Iowa-Iowa State game is on FS1. It is true that ESPN doesn't care if the Game Day game is an ESPN game or not but obviously they prefer it to be. This is very good for us.

GameDay would be awesome but I can't help but get PTSD from the other times we were on. Clemson has that same type of offense.

I can guarantee you all, with solid info, that if we are 2-0 and Clemson is 2-0 we will have gameday. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.

Also, we are the 730 game on ABC that day already.

Have some confidence y’all!

It has zero to do with us getting game day. Zero.

One more thing. That Iowa-Iowa State game is on FS1. It is true that ESPN doesn't care if the Game Day game is an ESPN game or not but obviously they prefer it to be. This is very good for us.

FS1?! Not even Fox? No one outside of the state of Iowa cares about that game.

So stupid if Sean McDonough doing the Clemson game costs us Gameday.

I will legit turn on the guy if because his bosses making his weekend easier cost us the Gameday slot.

Sorry but this is a dumb take and the way you expressed it grammatically made my head hurt.

Sorry but this is a dumb take and the way you expressed it grammatically made my head hurt.
Ask me if I care what shandeezy7 thinks of any my takes?
The answer is I don’t care. You chose to not have me on block if you don’t want your head to hurt don’t read any of posts. It’s your choice to read my post.
I love Sean McDonough as an announcer. If ESPN assigns him to work the Clemson game it means Fowler won’t do it. Fowler/Herbstreit call a game each week. Herbstreit does college Gameday if he isn’t doing the Clemson/Syracuse game it means he will have to travel to the game he does.
Thus if McDonough does the Syracuse game ESPN has to assign Fowler/Herbstreit to have to work the Kentucky-Florida game on ESPN at 7pm or a different night game that day or not have College Gameday in Syracuse.

Also in the end don’t read my posts in the future I don’t want to have to spend time explaining myself to people.

So stupid if Sean McDonough doing the Clemson game costs us Gameday.

I will legit turn on the guy if because his bosses making his weekend easier cost us the Gameday slot.
I thought the same thing. Sean's awesome, but if we get burned out of getting gameday because they dont want him to fly out on Saturday morning, I'm going to be so bummed. This is our shot!

Ask me if I care what shandeezy7 thinks of any my takes?
The answer is I don’t care. You chose to not have me on block if you don’t want your head to hurt don’t read any of posts. It’s your choice to read my post.
I love Sean McDonough as an announcer. If ESPN assigns him to work the Clemson game it means Fowler won’t do it. Fowler/Herbstreit call a game each week. Herbstreit does college Gameday if he isn’t doing the Clemson/Syracuse game it means he will have to travel to the game he does.
Thus if McDonough does the Syracuse game ESPN has to assign Fowler/Herbstreit to have to work the Kentucky-Florida game on ESPN at 7pm or a different night game that day or not have College Gameday in Syracuse.

Also in the end don’t read my posts in the future I don’t want to have to spend time explaining myself to people.

Always so dramatic.

I would be willing to bet, they will be doing a three person booth announcement with Sean, Herbstreit and Fowler...

ESPN has visited campus and already has the spot set in place and reserved for where gameday will be...I’m telling you, stop panicking y’all

I would be willing to bet, they will be doing a three person booth announcement with Sean, Herbstreit and Fowler...

ESPN has visited campus and already has the spot set in place and reserved for where gameday will be...I’m telling you, stop panicking y’all
I don't really care if we have those idiot's here, just as long as we beat Clemson.

I don't really care if we have those idiot's here, just as long as we beat Clemson.
Yes you do. It would make the school more relevant and respected. Anyone and everyone wants, Gameday, at their school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom