Sean Miller / Arizona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Miller / Arizona

I don't know if this is a possibility or not but if Miller is let go at Arizona, any chance Brandon Randolph can back out and reconsider options?

Probably would take some intervention on the part of the NCAA to allow players to leave and be immediately eligible elsewhere [probably at mid-semester, as it wouldn't make sense to have kids shifting around in October, a month after school has started in many places].

Question is, would anybody want them? I have a feeling that kids from certain programs are going to be hot potatoes.

Probably would take some intervention on the part of the NCAA to allow players to leave and be immediately eligible elsewhere [probably at mid-semester, as it wouldn't make sense to have kids shifting around in October, a month after school has started in many places].

Question is, would anybody want them? I have a feeling that kids from certain programs are going to be hot potatoes.
That is very true about the mid-semester problem, somehow that never even crossed my mind (I forget to think of these kids as students from time to time). But I was hoping maybe he wasn't one of the ones that had much given to him as I'm pretty sure I heard that he was leaning towards coming here until an incident happened on his visit, so his bag couldn't have been that great right? Lol

I couldn't stand Miller when we played against him at Pitt, can't stand him now. Will be hard for him to survive it. Ditto for Enfield and Larranega, although unlike Pitino they have all stayed out of trouble, but these are federal crimes, way way different ballgame

I couldn't stand Miller when we played against him at Pitt, can't stand him now. Will be hard for him to survive it. Ditto for Enfield and Larranega, although unlike Pitino they have all stayed out of trouble, but these are federal crimes, way way different ballgame
If J. Hart is clean, I wonder if he gets the USC job this year in the interim?? If he goes too, I imagine he is wishing he would have joined Hop at UW.

This quote came from John Miller when asked about Sean’s lack of interest in the Pitt job when Jamie Dixon left.

It’s too big of a recruiting gap for him to take that job……He has everything you need. His recruiting right now, he’s got guys from New York, Atlanta, Finland.”

I just think it’s (Pitt) a very, very difficult job.”

Hmmmmm.... read between the lines.

Is Arizona and Sean Miller in Trouble?

There's an NCAA rule now that the HC is fully responsible for anything done by an assistant. They're not allowed to plead ignorance. It's hard to imagine how Larranaga and Miller don't face "Show Cause" after the schools fire them.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if Miller can survive. I wonder if UA will be under investigation like Ville and Miami
A seemingly respected poster on their Bear Down board keeps insisting that Miller was way out in front of this and was working with the FBI. He says that's why Romar was hired because he knew he'd need a new ace recruiter (I always thought Romar was pretty dirty himself). Sounds delusional, but take that for what it's worth.

A seemingly respected poster on their Bear Down board keeps insisting that Miller was way out in front of this and was working with the FBI. He says that's why Romar was hired because he knew he'd need a new ace recruiter (thought Romar was pretty dirty himself). Sounds delusional, but take that for what it's worth.
Interesting... I ain't buying it.

A seemingly respected poster on their Bear Down board keeps insisting that Miller was way out in front of this and was working with the FBI. He says that's why Romar was hired because he knew he'd need a new ace recruiter (I always thought Romar was pretty dirty himself). Sounds delusional, but take that for what it's worth.
That would be insane in terms of generating loyalty as a head coach. "Oh by the way, our previous employee was ratted out by the HC... TO THE FBI, to save his own butt, but don't worry, it won't happen again." Yikes!

If thats the case why wouldnt he just fire Book? Makes no sense but good try Zona

Want Miller fired. I picked Arizona to win the title last year. Still bitter. If they were buying players why were they unable to beat Xavier in the sweet 16.

That would be insane in terms of generating loyalty as a head coach. "Oh by the way, our previous employee was ratted out by the HC... TO THE FBI, to save his own butt, but don't worry, it won't happen again." Yikes!
also, if you think about the broader sports culture at the moment, the old playbook of white head coaches sacrificing their black assistants to save their jobs just isn't going to fly

Never crossed my mind that someone would bring this up as an Arizona fan...The Russians were behind this. Now that was funny and I think the guy was serious about it....the Russians did it to distract us.

I don't know if this is a possibility or not but if Miller is let go at Arizona, any chance Brandon Randolph can back out and reconsider options?

I don't touch anyone who committed to Zona, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Louisville. I've had theories about certain EYBL programs and this investigation is putting the pieces together. When people start flipping, I won't be surprised in the least bit if a head of a certain program is named in the indictment.

I don't think we'd want Randolph and I DEFINITELY don't think he wants us.

IMG_6837.PNG
I didn't see that. How was Miller connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom