Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

You seemed to be commenting on mine.

Oh yeah, I was, lol. Thought it was someone else’s post. My fault, long day.

I don’t disagree with you at all. I’ve said before with posts about Tucker essentially the same thing you did. But it does feel like teams are struggling to find what they see as quality backups right now. More so than I remember in the past. Still a long shot if he does get cut, either way.

Overhyped. The telling point for me was when tucker took himself out of a game numerous times deep in the opposing red zone. He clearly has a health issue sig he’s getting that winded. Gamers want the ball.
Lol. Tom Brady missed a whole season. What an overhyped non-gamer.

News: 4 days agoTucker rushed six times for 10 yards and brought in his only target for three yards in the Buccaneers' 27-17 preseason loss to the Steelers on Friday night.

Spin: Tucker's final line would have looked much better had his 12-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter not been nullified by a holding penalty. The undrafted rookie struggled for running room overall, unsurprising given the quality of the offensive line he played behind. Tucker is still firmly behind the top trio of Rachaad White, Chase Edmonds and Ke'Shawn Vaughn on the running back depth chart, but considering his intriguing body of work at the college level, he's likely to get a solid amount of snaps again in Saturday night's second preseason game against the Jets.

I will agree with Ithaca that running backs take a pounding. But, I think Tucker is there to stay. I hope that he gets to run behind a decent OL to make way for his speed. He will show what he's capable of if he gets that chance. I'm from Pittsburgh and am used to the following running back:

Jerome Bettis:13-years

He played in 192 regular-season games in his 13-year career, registering the sixth-most rushing yards (13,662) in NFL history. He eclipsed the 100-yard mark 61 times in the regular season and three times in the postseason. Bettis scored 78 rushing touchdowns as a Steeler, the second-most in franchise history.

He also had 3 catches for 18. 7 rushes for 37. Not bad output at all for for the number of touches. He caught 3 of 3, so no drops. Its all about what you show when given the chance. This performance just earned him more touches next week. Keep it going Tuck.

He also had 3 catches for 18. 7 rushes for 37. Not bad output at all for for the number of touches. He caught 3 of 3, so no drops. Its all about what you show when given the chance. This performance just earned him more touches next week. Keep it going Tuck.
He had a drop a couple of minutes before halftime. It hit him right in the hands.

He had a drop a couple of minutes before halftime. It hit him right in the hands.
Thought I heard 3 for 3. If he had a drop, then 3 of 4. Premise of my comment I think still stands but fair enough.

He is gaining confidence and a comfort level clearly. He just looks like he belongs which is no surprise seeing how explosive he could be with the cuse. He definitely is going to stick no doubt.

He is gaining confidence and a comfort level clearly. He just looks like he belongs which is no surprise seeing how explosive he could be with the cuse. He definitely is going to stick no doubt.
The 4th RB doesn’t ‘stick no doubt’ unless he is the kick or punt returner and/or can tackle on kickoffs.

Is he playing on any specials?

The 4th RB doesn’t ‘stick no doubt’ unless he is the kick or punt returner and/or can tackle on kickoffs.

In my opinion he will stick no doubt. A preseason depth chart means minimal. Obviously the first two backs are typically obvious, but after that it’s wide open. I think without a doubt he grabs a position on the roster, and yes I’m biased.

At least as ‘cuse fans. He’s got a lot more chance to stick in the NFL than Devito does. Although Devito got lucky and is on a terrible team, so he may luck out playing on a team that won’t make the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom