Season Ticket Sales Today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Season Ticket Sales Today

I'm amazed that airports haven't ponied up to hire supermodels for the body checks. Heck, people might even want to be screened twice before going through. People might even buy tickets with no intention of boarding.

I swear there has been construction through there going on 30 years now.
I don't call it Pennsylvania anymore, I call it "the state of perpetual construction". Everyone I have ever said that to knows exactly what state I am talking about.

It always amazes me that when no construction is happening (nights and weekends mainly) other states remove cones/barrels to open the lanes as long as they are passable. Not PA, they keep the cones up to make the drive slow even when no workers present.

Or all the tractor trailer drivers that apparently try to hold hands as they drive side by side. 20 mph below the speed most people would like to drive.

Which is why I'll pay anything to fly these days. (Reagan airport being so close to my house helps too).
Same boat Chip! I live in Merrifield, so a 6.5 hr drive on a good day and 7.5-??? on a bad day. Personal rule I've developed is that anything over a 4 hr drive is now straight to the airport. Considering I'm equidistant from Reagan and Dulles...my personal opinion is that I'd fly out of Reagan, rather than Dulles, as long as the cost is within $100 of each other. Surprised we've never met at this point, or rather.. that I didn't know you were Chip. Lol.

I'm amazed that airports haven't ponied up to hire supermodels for the body checks. Heck, people might even want to be screened twice before going through. People might even buy tickets with no intention of boarding.
Not to be rude or offensive (eh.. I'll go for it).. Supermodels have jobs. The people signing up to work TSA aren't doing so because they have a ton of options. That said, the pension is a nice benefit.

Same boat Chip! I live in Merrifield, so a 6.5 hr drive on a good day and 7.5-??? on a bad day. Personal rule I've developed is that anything over a 4 hr drive is now straight to the airport. Considering I'm equidistant from Reagan and Dulles...my personal opinion is that I'd fly out of Reagan, rather than Dulles, as long as the cost is within $100 of each other. Surprised we've never met at this point, or rather.. that I didn't know you were Chip. Lol.
Be glad you never crossed paths with Chip.

OburgOrange said:
I swear there has been construction through there going on 30 years now.

At least 38. I moved to Maryland in '78 and that while area through PA has had construction since at least then.

Personally, I don't mind the Scranton part of 81 as much as I do the 15-83-81 around Harrisburg. Man I hate that 10 mile stretch.

At least 38. I moved to Maryland in '78 and that while area through PA has had construction since at least then.
PennDot is a poor example of a public works agency. I was driving on 380 in January on a sunny day with a dusting of snow. Everything was going smoothly.

I went over a slight rise and hit sheer ice. I managed to weave through 15-20 wrecked cars. There was every kind of Govt vehicles there. Fire trucks, police cars, wreckers, ambulances but no salt trucks. There was a five mile stretch of road that hadn't been touched. This happens all the time. Don't get me started with those jerks.

I had the opposite experience. Tried to up grade in my section. Talked to a volunteer working there and he directed me to section 116 where he said someone would help me. Got there and told the guy what I wanted to do and he said :noidea:.

Fed up. I've tried for years . Frustrating
You can call the box office. That's what I did last year.

Merrifield is my old stomping grounds, at least for a few months. That's where I lived when I first moved down here in 1996 (and yes, there was construction in Scranton on that drive).

Always go Reagan, everything about it is faster. I flew out of there a couple weeks ago, left my house 55 minutes before the flight. I probably won't do that again though, because they were closing the plane's doors when I arrived. Free bump to first class though since a seat was available and I'm extremely charming and attractive.

(this is where Millhouse says, you're lucky it wasn't a girl working at the gate).

Roger Needham said:
You have to go through Pa
You could actually drive on route 17 and avoid PA, but it adds 1-1.5 hours to the trip. I've done it before ti avoid PA. It's a beautiful drive in the fall.

You could actually drive on route 17 and avoid PA, but it adds 1-1.5 hours to the trip. I've done it before ti avoid PA. It's a beautiful drive in the fall.
As they convert Route 17 to I86, the time differential will just get better (though it will never be as fast).

Definitely more scenic. I81 through PA is the ugliest highway ever built.

latest

If I wanted to add that much extra time, I'd just take the GSP to the Thruway. That adds an extra 1-1.5 hours or so, but I have done it. I just miss the cones and carcasses. :(

Merrifield is my old stomping grounds, at least for a few months. That's where I lived when I first moved down here in 1996 (and yes, there was construction in Scranton on that drive).
I moved down here in 2007 and bought my condo there in 2010. Since then, the entire Merrifield area has blossomed.

Upgrading seats to the 200 level somewhere. Any advice on where the overhang starts to come into play?