Season Tickets and Taxes | Syracusefan.com

Season Tickets and Taxes

What's it about Chip? I can't click the link. Has it to do with no longer being able to write off seat donations or the like?

Any update on what SU is doing about this? I prepaid my premium seating "donation" last December. I also complained this year about the pricing structure that allowed for individuals buying lower priced tickets to pay larger donations. I was told, unsurprisingly, there was an error in roll out that was going to be fixed.

What's it about Chip? I can't click the link. Has it to do with no longer being able to write off seat donations or the like?

Yes, how seat donations are specific in the tax law and it’s impacting the bigger schools. They are trying to get more creative about priority points but there are some snags there too.

What I didn’t really see in the article was much about the standard deduction increase. But this article might be geared toward those who donate such large volumes that it may still be worthwhile to itemize.

Thanks Chip.

Out of curiosity, what is SU worth asset wise? A Forbes like estimate, does anyone know?

Thanks Chip.

Out of curiosity, what is SU worth asset wise? A Forbes like estimate, does anyone know?

Our endowment fund is $1.27B, so I'd imagine placing a multiple on that coupled with a variant based on tangible and non-tangible assets.

Our endowment fund is $1.27B, so I'd imagine placing a multiple on that coupled with a variant based on tangible and non-tangible assets.

Holy macanolie that's a lot of $. Thanks Rocco.

Was this article in today’s paper. I be interested in picking up a copy if so.

What they don’t say about the increase to $24,000 (married)for the standard deduction, is you are loosing the +$8,000 individual deductions. The $24,000 is really less than $16,000. The whole tax thing is a sham.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom