Season tix | Syracusefan.com

Season tix

AZOrange

Living Legend
Considering purchasing and reselling what we don’t use. Is there a quick and easy way to find pricing ?

Anyone have issues moving tix on secondary market?

Season tickets are very easy to re-sell and transfer thru Ticketmaster.
IMG_8134.jpeg

those are Season Ticket prices so its one time for whatever level you buy.

Considering purchasing and reselling what we don’t use. Is there a quick and easy way to find pricing ?

Anyone have issues moving tix on secondary market?

Others might have more direct knowledge - but I doubt you’ll get full face value on most games if you try to sell them. If you’re willing to take a loss, you’ll be able to recoup some money on most games. I know I was buying ticket for basketball in the portable stands for far below face value this past year, so I’m assuming football will be the same deal.

I wouldn't expect to get all the money back for any ticket. you are getting the tickets at a discount in many ways. The ones you don't use is just part of the deal and if you get some money back its bonus.

I couldn’t give tickets away the past few years

It has been a long time since I could find people interested in tickets I wasn't going to use.

Demand will be up for sure this year. Lets hope for a good start.

Others might have more direct knowledge - but I doubt you’ll get full face value on most games if you try to sell them. If you’re willing to take a loss, you’ll be able to recoup some money on most games. I know I was buying ticket for basketball in the portable stands for far below face value this past year, so I’m assuming football will be the same deal.

I paid $100/ticket all in for 2 seats in Section 130 for the Army game. So, that person easily got their ticket cost paid back, but only a portion of their license {"donation").

Things I've learned over the years

1. Cuse fans are big event game fans. They'll pay over face for the big name teams early in the season. We don't have any big names this year.

2. Very record dependent on what you get $$$wise after the first 2 weeks. Capacity drop to 42K should help create more scarcity this year though. Fran Brown effect will help sales up to a point then overall record will push demand.

3. If you want ROI, your safest bet: buy Level G tix for $150 on the sideline. Get an aisle seat if you can.

4. Try to sell as much early as you can.

5. Holy Cross will be a money loser unless we are 3-0. Anything over $10 is gravy.

6. Ohio crowd this year will be better than expected due to new regime

7. Stanford is a Friday night game. The locals like those but out of towners not so much. Novelty factor (Stanford) might help sell them though.

8. VTech will be good if we are above.500 due to first home game in 5 weeks. However, if Cuse and VTech are riding high this could be a super premium game.

9. Last two games: no students so unless we only have 1 or 2 losses there will be lots of tickets. Our students usually don't attend either Saturday around Thanksgiving. If you can get face value or $5 over...sell them early. That said, Miami could be a pretty hot ticket if we have 9+ wins.

10. Parking: AFAIK, parking passes are still on card stock. If you buy a parking pass factor in mailing time. Pricing is pretty inelastic. You should get what you paid for it. Parking passes on the Hill help sell the game tix. Parking Passes are best sold privately with your tickets on the board here.

11. Be flexible and break up your passes and do 2 sales as 5 tix is tough to move at one time.

12. Ticketmaster... reports $600 or more in gross sales to the IRS. Keep that in mind.

If you get payment by Venmo, Payment, etc...keep it as private transactions to avoid the IRS $600 rule.

13. Finally, TV announcement of kick off times 12 days before causes many potential buyers to wait to buy until 6-12 days out.

Last edited:
Things I've learned over the years

1. Cuse fans are big event game fans. They'll pay over face for the big name teams early in the season. We don't have any big names this year.

2. Very record dependent on what you get $$$wise after the first 2 weeks. Capacity drop to 42K should help create more scarcity this year though. Fran Brown effect will help sales up to a point then overall record will push demand.

3. If you want ROI, your safest bet: buy Level G tix for $150 on the sideline. Get an aisle seat if you can.

4. Try to sell as much early as you can.

5. Holy Cross will be a money loser unless we are 3-0. Anything over $10 is gravy.

6. Ohio this year will be better than expected due to new regime

7. Stanford is a Friday night game. The locals like those but out of towners not so much. Novelty factor (Stanford) might help sell them though.

8. VTech will be good if we are above.500 due to first home game in 5 weeks. However, if Cuse and VTech are riding high this could be a super premium game.

9. Last two games: no students so unless we only have 1 or 2 losses there will be lots of tickets. Our students usually don't attend either Saturday around Thanksgiving. If you can get face value or $5 over...sell them early. That said, Miami could be a pretty hot ticket if we have 9+ wins.

10. Parking: AFAIK, parking passes are still on card stock. If you buy a parking pass factor in mailing time. Pricing is pretty inelastic. You should get what you paid for it. Parking passes on the Hill help sell the game tix. Parking Passes are best sold privately with your tickets on the board here.

11. Be flexible and break up your passes and do 2 sales as 5 tix is tough to move at one time.

12. Ticketmaster... reports $600 or more in gross sales to the IRS. Keep that in mind.

If you get payment by Venmo, Payment, etc...keep it as private transactions to avoid the IRS $600 rule.

13. Finally, TV announcement of kick off times 12 days before causes many potential buyers to wait to buy until 6-12 days out.
Thx mark. Great advice

Load up on family weekend - I have sold that game for the last few years mainly do to row overcrowding and clueless people who think they are the only ones there.

You can make some money on that game.

Load up on family weekend - I have sold that game for the last few years mainly do to row overcrowding and clueless people who think they are the only ones there.

You can make some money on that game.
Agreed...that game is the best to sell on Ticketmaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom