Seat Selection Process Announced for 2024 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seat Selection Process Announced for 2024

Waiting till June seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Would be nice if they gave actual pictures of what the seats will look like. Makes a huge difference when deciding which section.

When people say "about" they usually round up. I am thinking 41,750 for FB and 30,950 for BBall.

I believe they are expecting to have the three types of seats in for people to see

They might even be on display for the Boston College game

Don’t hold me to it tho, but I believe that’s the plan

Also who the heck has to wait at the pee troughs

I’ve never heard of such a thing

Just get in there between two people and do your business

Your post lost all credibility at that point
Some guy this weekend was in the bathroom this past weekend yelling, squeeze together boys. That's how we did it in the old days around here. No one's checking out your pecker.

Yes. Waiting for June, is a disaster for me. I had my September trip planned by then. If prices go up at all, and I am not near the aisle as I currently am, this will be the end for me. I am too old to scoot way down an aisle of drunken fans to get to my seat.

Some guy this weekend was in the bathroom this past weekend yelling, squeeze together boys. That's how we did it in the old days around here. No one's checking out your pecker.

Oh you heard me?????

Just kidding, I actually am right by the new bathrooms on the east end, so I don’t see the trough much anymore

Long term season ticket holders didn’t matter when it came to parking passes this year.
Correct, and they seem to have realized that it was a mistake for this setup. But we shall see when they introduce the system.

Kind of worried they'll F this up from this. Won't backs on the benches in the 300s will make things more uncomfortable?

Chairs in the good seats is a no brainer as long as its done correctly and they don't make them too small or crappy. I would only replace the first few rows of the 300s and leave the rest as is. I do think some sort of party deck or concourse should be added atop the 300s in the non basketball part of the dome either corner, other endzone, or even one sideline.

And the troughs are stainless steel...

Thats what i was wondering.. Currently its fairly empty up high and people work around people by jumping a few rows and climbing down.. Thats gonna be gone with these.

If you're someone charged with running the Dome, I'm guessing this is a practice you'd rather not continue anyway.

Upper deck is fairly steep row to row, I'm not sure how much the top of the seat back will interfere with the walking lane.

Seats are generally 19-20 in most parks (not counting Fenway where they are like 14-15). the 19-20 includes hand rests and cup holders. So the 18 inches without armrests is pretty narrow. To me it would be like the middle seat in the airplane. (generally 18 inches). So you focus on Peeing instead of the real issue JRHEETER. Don't really care what you think about credibility of anyone. I don't think about you at all.

Seats are generally 19-20 in most parks (not counting Fenway where they are like 14-15). the 19-20 includes hand rests and cup holders. So the 18 inches without armrests is pretty narrow. To me it would be like the middle seat in the airplane. (generally 18 inches). So you focus on Peeing instead of the real issue JRHEETER. Don't really care what you think about credibility of anyone. I don't think about you at all.
Don Draper burn

Well you must have thought about me for at least a minute to write this response

What about cup holders? Makes no sense, whenever we are on the TV the wide camera lens shows empty seats in the corners/endzone in the 300's. Why not add seats with cupholders as they do at all stadiums. (Even METLIFE that hosts Jets has that in the 300 level). Make the seats wider with cupholders and have capacity of 40,000. No empty seats etc. Once again poor planning. Lowest bidder. I remember going to the dome in the 80's and having to wait to use the aluminum pee recepticles. Not enough bathrooms and poor design. Why repeat that. Wider seats with Cups. Less empty seats.

Go Cuse
Met life stadium was a brand new stadium 12 years ago. It wasn't a retrofit with significant space restrictions. There's only so much you can do.
As for just reducing the capacity by another 2,000 just for cupholders (btw, not sure that is the right number, it could be 36k if all levels got armrests and cupholders), it's probably not worth it. Just keep your cups under the seat like we have forever.
Also, every stadium I have ever been to has lines to the bathroom if there is a decent crowd. If you go to every home game, you know there are many games where you don't have to wait to pee (for men's room, anyway).
Could it be better? Probably a little. It could also be a lot worse.

What about the cushions? I see chairs with backs and cupholders but has there been word on those?

if the 300s are just gonna have chair backs then dont bother with effort.. that does nothing but make it harder to move up there and its tight enough already when people show up.. at least with no chair backs you can move around to get between rows.

But I guess seats are the perk for sitting in the worst seats in the building.

4000 lost in the lower bowl . I wonder what that means for the student/band seating thats quite a chunk to move around.

How many of that lower bowl was not sold this year as a season ticket maybe 1000?

But daoes this mean seats in the upper with just no arms or are they putting backs on the metal or what?

Basketball is gonna see some pain as those seats were mostly sold
my seats are in the 300 2nd row...way to tight for walking down aisles you have to be a contortionist to twist your body so someone can pass...a chair back will even make it tighter who the heck thought of this

View attachment 231968“The new seats in the 100 and 200 levels will be two inches wider than the current seats and will feature chair backs and arm rests, while the 300 level seats will have chair backs only.”

Just poorly worded definitely.

Because they refer to the new seats down stairs as “chair backs and arm rests”

The ones up stairs are going to have no arm rests between the seats and will look similar to these…
will make it more tight up in 300 , cant even move around up there to let people pass by...

I have no dog in this fight, but I think it should be exclusively about tenure...the priority should be how LONG a season ticket holder has been one...and not about how much $ they contribute. I mean, there can be another layer to ensure that people stay roughly within their current tier (someone in the 100s should not be arbitrarily bumped by someone in the 300s), but a 20 year season ticket holder should not be bumped behind someone who is a 1 year STH but who happens to be wealthy.

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting that they are requiring some money before you even know where your seats will be. Hope they offer refunds to those who don’t like their seats and won’t purchase seasons.

Interesting that they are requiring some money before you even know where your seats will be. Hope they offer refunds to those who don’t like their seats and won’t purchase seasons.

My wife made the same point.

I have no dog in this fight, but I think it should be exclusively about tenure...the priority should be how LONG a season ticket holder has been one...and not about how much $ they contribute. I mean, there can be another layer to ensure that people stay roughly within their current tier (someone in the 100s should not be arbitrarily bumped by someone in the 300s), but a 20 year season ticket holder should not be bumped behind someone who is a 1 year STH but who happens to be wealthy.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly. 59 years here.

IMG_2241.jpeg

So if we go down to "42k" we will still be ahead of P4s...

Vanderbilt 40.25k
Duke 40k
Houston 40k
Cincinnati 38k
SMU 32k
Wake 31.5k

You can see how it works for fball.. No idea how they manage this for bball.

i suspect though some will be unhappy and give up seats. you would think that means like 1/3 or more of the lower bowl have to move up in some way. if the lower gets moved up do they go into the 200s and then then they go to the lower 300s?

You will know how much your section will cost. I think the price moving will happen before seat selection. If you can't get a row you like in June, you aren't likely going to like what is left in other sections either. If one doesn't want to risk it they can wait to get tickets in August.

You will know how much your section will cost. I think the price moving will happen before seat selection. If you can't get a row you like in June, you aren't likely going to like what is left in other sections either. If one doesn't want to risk it they can wait to get tickets in August.

Not the point. In bball you may not know your section at all when money is due.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom