Seating | Syracusefan.com

Seating

HRE Otto IV

All American
Anyone ever sit in the blue chairs? Are they comfortable? Is there more space? Am I better off keeping my seats a few rows back on the benches with seat cushions?

When real seating is put in what is the plan with those seats? Stay as chairs? Or stadium style seats?

Anyone ever sit in the blue chairs? Are they comfortable? Is there more space? Am I better off keeping my seats a few rows back on the benches with seat cushions?

When real seating is put in what is the plan with those seats? Stay as chairs? Or stadium style seats?

Believe those seats will stay as is

But I think that’s still TBD

They are okay. Nothing special. Probably a little more room than the benches. If the new seats are padded, I would think SU would also upgrade the individual seats on the floor/risers to be padded.

The income from those seats is considerable and it would be foolish to ask those people, some of the biggest donors for the program, to settle for less than people paying less.

But SUAD and logic are not always great friends...

The blue seats currently being used have already been updated from the ones they used to use. I think they have a little cushion to them. I’m sure they will remain after the permanent seats are installed.

I bet she was a former cheerleader.
Eddie Murphy Agree GIF by Coming to America

They are okay. Nothing special. Probably a little more room than the benches. If the new seats are padded, I would think SU would also upgrade the individual seats on the floor/risers to be padded.

The income from those seats is considerable and it would be foolish to ask those people, some of the biggest donors for the program, to settle for less than people paying less.

But SUAD and logic are not always great friends...
Tom, your clarity is always appreciated. Thank You

Not sure about the seats, but I will say, cheerleaders are vastly overrated until you get to the professional level (or the SEC, but I guess that's the same thing).

One thing that I have noticed in the past is that it seems that the rise from one level to the next isn't as great as what you get with the benches so that depending on your height or the height of the people in front of you may make it a little harder to see. Obviously you can be closer to the court but just what I have noticed when I have sat in the blue chairs.

if you haven't banged your head on the HVAC ducts you ain't a fan.
i have been with friends who have experienced vertigo walking up to our seats.
they cheap but they ain't free.

I sit in those seats for the 1 or 2 games I am in for as I have a good friend with them. Only one time was I crowded as a large person who also sat at an angle into me, sat next to me. I now sit first row, and it is much better than 2nd or 3rd row. Also they come with the back room food and drinks. I know others get that perk, but it is a really good perk.

I had the “pleasure” of sitting down there as a guest once, as well as a couple of women’s games. The more important factor, as opposed to comfort because again real fans stand, is the height and slope. The lower you go, the more two dimensional the game gets. You don’t see the plays develop. The person in front of you is a factor, where they are not usually the higher you go. I would choose to never sit down there again. But that’s me.
#300s4life

I agree with the statements that "real fans stand", but in my experience, there are a lot of non-real fans at the games. I had seats in the bleacher section just to the left of the student section (105?) WIth the students standing most of the game, my wife and I had to stand so we could see the court. We kept getting yelled at by the "non-real" fans behind us to sit down.
If you want to sit on your butt for a game, why not stay at home and watch from your couch?
I also found that the lower chair seats in section 104 are not the best as it's hard to see over the press seats in front of you. Learned my lesson there that it's better to be a number of rows back that are higher.

Have been football seasons for years and thinking about seasons for hoops this season coming up. Are the section 213/14/15 sight lines pretty good for those having tickets there?
edit: should I wait perhaps to see if any seasons were not renewed that may free up on the website?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom