SEC will likely go after the ACC | Syracusefan.com

SEC will likely go after the ACC

44PRIDE

All Conference
MrSEC.com has been the voice of the SEC during this conference realignment period. And with the ACC’s sudden moves, the SEC is feeling a bit……….small.

According to recent articles, there is a push for the SEC to hit a “home run” with their next schools and not to “settle” on mediocre schools like WVU and Missouri. In other words, the SEC will make a strong push to get some combination of VaTech, FSU, Clemson, and possibly Georgia Tech.

Click here for the article…

As of right now...the ACC has done absolutely nothing in regards to "threatening" the SEC in regards to football power. No reason to do anything.

Its so funny how much the northeast cares about bball and the south cares about fball... Just completely different perspectives

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

UNC alum and Atlanta resident here. First, congratulations on joining the ACC.
I can assure you we care deeply about bball "in the south."

MrSEC.com has been the voice of the SEC during this conference realignment period. And with the ACC’s sudden moves, the SEC is feeling a bit……….small.

According to recent articles, there is a push for the SEC to hit a “home run” with their next schools and not to “settle” on mediocre schools like WVU and Missouri. In other words, the SEC will make a strong push to get some combination of VaTech, FSU, Clemson, and possibly Georgia Tech.

Click here for the article…

That is a great article. Really should be required reading for everyone here. Touches on every possible topic. Granted it's written from the perspective of the SEC, but the exact same principles apply to the ACC, the Big East, Pac12 and Big10.

Agreed. He should have added "deep" in front of south, that would have been an accurate statement. The NC cities, Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Winston Salem actually more into their hoops than the pigskin. Towns like Clemson, Columbia, Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Starksville, Oxford, Baton Rouge, etc. more into the gridiron...

#10 is my favorite. SEC hasn't raided anyone. Texas A&M just happened to up and free themselves up and knock on the door, have no choice but to answer it right? I mean, they didn't want to be in Texas, but if Texas comes to them, what can they do? They had to save aTm!

I'm sure the properly mannered SEC never once whispered in their ear, hey you know what Texas is trying to do to you, come over and join us.

Starting to wonder how badly any existing ACC schools want to be a part of that league.

I can tell you this: Georgia Tech isn't going to the SEC. We were a founding member of that league and got out in the 1960's. Yes, it has been debated time and time again, but the consensus is just that the SEC is not the place for us culturally, athletically, financially, academically. I mean, if the ACC imploded (like the Big XII did), we might answer if called, but that's not what is happening.

What im saying is fball is more followed than bball in the south. Up north, it is neutral or even leaning towards more bball.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

Guy seems to be all over the board in regards to WVU.

VT isn't going anywhere without UVa, and especially after the Virginia governor and legislature went to bat for them. And being in the ACC has been pretty good for their football and basketball programs. South Carolina is going to want no part of Clemson there, and I can't imagine FSU jumping now.

[quote="VaTech, FSU, Clemson, and possibly Georgia Tech.[/quote]

Va Tech - VA government got them in the ACC to play with UVA, why would they suddenly be allowed to detach from UVA once again?

FSU- Maybe but Gainesville I think would feel otherwise. This rivalry game is better suited as part of the OOC schedule.

Clemson - USC would really allow that? Would Clemson really want to be "the other" South Carolina school in the SEC?

Ga Tech - 1st, they don't want int the SEC. 2nd, UGA wouldn't want them in. They both like having that rivalry game as an OOC game. 3rd, a school located in downtown Atlanta has VERY little in common with the SEC schools. 4th, Ga Tech cares about basketball

VT isn't going anywhere without UVa, and especially after the Virginia governor and legislature went to bat for them. And being in the ACC has been pretty good for their football and basketball programs. South Carolina is going to want no part of Clemson there, and I can't imagine FSU jumping now.

Different governor, different party. If the largest state school in VA wants to go to the NFL and make more $$$ that can offset education cutbacks, I don't know if the government is going to stand in their way. I'm not saying they would go to the SEC if asked, just that I don't think the gov. is going to block it. The gov. got involved in '03 because he didn't want VT left out of the BCS, which was a big concern about the BE back then.