secondary | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

secondary

Most of his kids will still be 1st or 2nd year players. The other ones wont have a ton of experience.

People tend to forget how ****** this program was when GRob left. Urban Meyer would have trouble resurrecting this BS in 3 years.

His first full recruiting class will have three years in the program? His very first one will be seniors. All that is left of GRob guys are some seniors and RS Seniors and guess what? ... they are Nassib, Jones, Lemon, Sales, Pugh. That is most of our best players. I completely understand that the program was horrible under Grob. He should be given a few years to figure it out (3-4). BUT in the worst BCS conference ever, winning one game is horrible. And if next year we fail to improve with almost all of DMs recruits, we can no longer blame Greggers. I still like DM, great guy but that does not mean everything will be ok if he wins less than 7 or 8 games next year.

With the amount of stress these guys had going on at season's end, it wouldn't surprise me if they just needed a few weeks off. Let them go home over the winter break...smoke a few blunts...hang out with their friends...get their heads right. Give them a chance to reassess the situation and I'm guessing they come back.

With the amount of stress these guys had going on at season's end, it wouldn't surprise me if they just needed a few weeks off. Let them go home over the winter break...smoke a few blunts...hang out with their friends...get their heads right. Give them a chance to reassess the situation and I'm guessing they come back.

Awesome. Loved that.

His first full recruiting class will have three years in the program? His very first one will be seniors. All that is left of GRob guys are some seniors and RS Seniors and guess what? ... they are Nassib, Jones, Lemon, Sales, Pugh. That is most of our best players. I completely understand that the program was horrible under Grob. He should be given a few years to figure it out (3-4). BUT in the worst BCS conference ever, winning one game is horrible. And if next year we fail to improve with almost all of DMs recruits, we can no longer blame Greggers. I still like DM, great guy but that does not mean everything will be ok if he wins less than 7 or 8 games next year.
I understand that we play in the worst BCS conference. DM's first recruiting class, he had 5-6 weeks to put together (on top of hiring assistant coaches). He also lost over 20 players from GRob's team. He didn't have a ton of time to evaluate everyone fully in that class, and even if he did, he didn't have time to go out and recruit brand new players.

It isn't entirely fair to put all the blame on Marrone that year, as most of those kids verballed to GRob or one of his assistants. Marrone just took them in because of the aforementioned reasons.

I'm not blaming his last 2 classes on GRob, but I will re-iterate that this program was in shambles in December '08. Marrone will get to see his 5 years, unless next year is a total backpedal.

Tend to agree with this statement. By year 4, HCDM will have been given an opportunity to develop his own players. I think 7-8 games must be the minimum expectation.

If we have another 5 win season, loyalties be damned.....time to put out the "help wanted" sign.

I understand that we play in the worst BCS conference. DM's first recruiting class, he had 5-6 weeks to put together (on top of hiring assistant coaches). He also lost over 20 players from GRob's team. He didn't have a ton of time to evaluate everyone fully in that class, and even if he did, he didn't have time to go out and recruit brand new players.

It isn't entirely fair to put all the blame on Marrone that year, as most of those kids verballed to GRob or one of his assistants. Marrone just took them in because of the aforementioned reasons.

I'm not blaming his last 2 classes on GRob, but I will re-iterate that this program was in shambles in December '08. Marrone will get to see his 5 years, unless next year is a total backpedal.

I agree with you on his first class (actually thought he had some steals with Thomases). He also got Lemon and Pugh who were already committed when he got here (both steals). On his full year recruiting efforts there has not been many playmakers and they will be either Juniors or RS sophs. Most programs, kids that age are playing and making plays. Rocco, if they say go 6-6 next year and go to Beef bowl and lose by a score. What would you do if you were in Gross's shoes? I am just curious on what you think.

Please look at the schedule for next year and see if you see an 8-4 season next year. I don't see it at all. That would mean beating either Northwestern or Minn. and a three game improvement in the BE. Team is losing 2 weapons on offense, and possibly both safeties and best overall defensive player in Chan. It is going to be a tough season if the team has to ask so much from young inexperience players, even if they are talented.

IF we are in the big east it has to be an 8 win regular season after this seasons 5 game debacle...and if we are in the big east we have the same shot as everyone else to do this because lets be honest no one is setting the world on fire. Cinci could have a top 25 recruiting class which surprises the hell out of me. Strong keeps doing his thing, but they dont scare me. WVU with Geno back and a whole year under Dana will be the fav, but honestly this leauge is so damn unpredictable. Buttgers was suppose to be horrid and they won 8 games this year with second rate qbs. HOWEVEr, they had a few play makers on the offense which made these qbs and o line better then they really were.

I just need spring football here ASAP so I know what the hell we are looking at.

*CHAN JONES WILL NOT GO PRO...trust me I will bet anyone a case of genney cream ale

Appreciate the insight. I completely agree with you. Marrone should not get a pass because these kids leave. He recruited them! It is ultimately his fault. I do think the young guys have potential but idk about being ready next year. If the teams fails to get to 8 wins next year... has to be a new coach. I think Marrone has been a solid transition coach but we need someone who can take us to the next level w/ ACC and new facilities.
Ok here we go. Doug is a stubborn NYC kid. Way too much attitude for todays players. Doug's ass is on the line and sorry orange Pa he will not get an extension unless he starts fast. The guy lost 5 in a row. Lost the team and sucked in all aspects of coaching. Please remember Doug was hired to coach a football team not to run a Young life camp. Guy needs to win next year.

Ok here we go. Doug is a stubborn NYC kid. Way too much attitude for todays players. Doug's ass is on the line and sorry orange Pa he will not get an extension unless he starts fast. The guy lost 5 in a row. Lost the team and sucked in all aspects of coaching. Please remember Doug was hired to coach a football team not to run a Young life camp. Guy needs to win next year.

I personally do not know if he is stubborn. I do know that it is very obvious that he has problems with the Florida boys (Hawkes, Carter, Thomas, Lyn). I completely agree that he has to win next year. No excuses. Going into the ACC and trying to raise funds for a facility we need a winner. If in the BE, we need atleast 7 0r 8 wins, or Doug needs to be reevaluated. I know that he is great guy and a syracuse traditionalist but at some point, you got to be in the race for a terrible big east title.

Tend to agree with this statement. By year 4, HCDM will have been given an opportunity to develop his own players. I think 7-8 games must be the minimum expectation.

If we have another 5 win season, loyalties be damned.....time to put out the "help wanted" sign.

And what if he wins 7-8 games?

7-8 wins buys him 2 more years, and a few more recruiting cycles to prove his worth. He will take us into the ACC I believe no matter what. NO exCUSE next year bowl game or I'll be doing this for another 9 months. :bat:

You are probably right.. I just hate that we accept average in an awful conference just because we were awful with Grob. This will be HCDM fourth year. All his kids. No excuses.

we have a lot of fans that do that. most don't even consider the big east this year was the all time worst bcs conference.

I personally do not know if he is stubborn. I do know that it is very obvious that he has problems with the Florida boys (Hawkes, Carter, Thomas, Lyn). I completely agree that he has to win next year. No excuses. Going into the ACC and trying to raise funds for a facility we need a winner. If in the BE, we need atleast 7 0r 8 wins, or Doug needs to be reevaluated. I know that he is great guy and a syracuse traditionalist but at some point, you got to be in the race for a terrible big east title.
make sure you have a dead bolt and never take the same route twice

Switch positions of Eskridge and Desir.

Depth Chart would probably be:
CB1 Eskridge, George
CB2 Anderson (could easily get jumped), Reddish
SS Wilkes, Mungwa
FS Desir, Whigham

Lyn staying would be tremendous for the CB position, and Shamarko staying would also be awesome. I'm holding out hope on both.

Personally, I envision switching Eskride / Wilkes, position wise, but I agree with your personnel.

Urban Meyer would have trouble resurrecting this BS in 3 years.
You're selling my man Urb' short. With Urb at the helm we're top 25 in year two.

Personally, I envision switching Eskride / Wilkes, position wise, but I agree with your personnel.
I like Wilkes as a corner as well, not sure what the staff wants to do here, but I can assure you Esk is locked in.

I read in an article that Wigham said the staff was going to give him a look at CB first. But i could see him at FS out of need given the hits to the depth chart over the past few weeks.

we have a lot of fans that do that. most don't even consider the big east this year was the all time worst bcs conference.

We weren't average this year. We were 1-6 in the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom