secondary | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

secondary

I think you're missing the fact that Lyn is probably not returning.

Did you see his Tweet yesterday?
KeonLyn8
: Why did I have to come to Syracuse? Why? I messed up something so good! Promise I'm gone fix that

Honestly that sounds like a relationship problem...

2012 is a Just Win, Baby year.

If the rumors in this thread are true, I fear that this is even further reasoning as to why 2012's motto might be more like '2012: Just wait until 2013, Baby'

Hope I'm wrong. But getting younger than an already young secondary doesn't sound like it's going to work out well short term. At first I thought well as long as we're going with all Marrone players it can be worth it. Unfortunately all but one that would be departing (Kevyn Scott) were already Marrone players. And Scott with his academic accomplishments, might be the only one leaving with his head held high.

Just hope the new guys are buying in. Those leaving knew what they signed up for and they're throwing away a huge opportunity.

If the rumors in this thread are true, I fear that this is even further reasoning as to why 2012's motto might be more like '2012: Just wait until 2013, Baby'

Hope I'm wrong. But getting younger than an already young secondary doesn't sound like it's going to work out well short term. At first I thought well as long as we're going with all Marrone players it can be worth it. Unfortunately all but one that would be departing (Kevyn Scott) were already Marrone players. And Scott with his academic accomplishments, might be the only one leaving with his head held high.

Just hope the new guys are buying in. Those leaving knew what they signed up for and they're throwing away a huge opportunity.

This is why I am down on 2012. On D we could potentially have 8 new starters. On O we could potentially have 9 new starters. On top of that we will have 9-10 BCS games on our schedule. How does that translate to Ws? It is looking like 2012 will be another step back. 2013 could be a breakthrough year but will Marrone be around?

I agree with you on his first class (actually thought he had some steals with Thomases). He also got Lemon and Pugh who were already committed when he got here (both steals). On his full year recruiting efforts there has not been many playmakers and they will be either Juniors or RS sophs. Most programs, kids that age are playing and making plays. Rocco, if they say go 6-6 next year and go to Beef bowl and lose by a score. What would you do if you were in Gross's shoes? I am just curious on what you think.
started a new thread because we are hijacking the out of this one

And what if he wins 7-8 games?

Anything under 5 wins should lead to dismissal
5 wins buys a spot on the "hot seat top 5" for the following season (with lofty expectations for year 5)
6 wins and a bowlgame buys a 5th year on the hot seat
7 wins buys him a secure 5th year
8 wins buys 2 years and a possible contract extension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom