See our early 2019 Syracuse football season predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

See our early 2019 Syracuse football season predictions

Every season is a creature unto itself so the mojo from last year will largely have to be recreated by Devito and the depth of talent at WR & RB. I'm hoping the team will pick right up from where it left off last season with justified optimism for many elements of the team. Babers is truly the right guy in the right place at the right time. I'm liking 10-3 overall again.

We have impressive offensive players, an improving defense, and coaches that know what to do with them. Still, it's hard to win on the road and there are a lot of good athletes that play for our competition. What year will we be really, really good? Could be this year but more likely when Devito has another year of experience attacking ACC defenses. For me, any record with 8 wins or more will make sense in 2019 but think another double digit win season a reasonable goal...

I think if we improve at oline with our hurt guys back at full strength I think we can be 11-1 regular season. If offense isn’t what we think, then 9-3. I still feel our defense if it stays aggressive can shut some people down that we haven’t been able to in while. I don’t feel Florida st as talented as they are can play with us whether it’s home or away. Our dline with the ends we have will simply bury their oline. I think Clemson could be the loss or not. I do know that they will bring pressure until Td can get the hot reads going to loosen them up a bit. Kinda the one thing I didn’t love about this offense is lack of hot reads or change at line knowing pressure is coming. Even though Clemson had the best dline in football last year they brought pressure against us quite a bit. Maryland could be a tough one. First real test offensively. Love being orange.

I know the Clemson game will decide the season. If Syracuse beats Clemson then they go undefeated and finish the regular season 12-0 and goes to the ACC Championship Game and wins giving them a 13-0 overall record. If they qualify for the playoffs they will lose and finish the season with a 13-1 record.

If my prediction does come true,then Syracuse University needs to start thinking about giving Dino Babers and staff some major major money.

My inner 12 year old says 15-0

Reality sez 9 or 10 regular season wins. I think we'll be ranked most of the season. I expect we don't break into the Top 25 until Week 1 or 2.

My inner 12 year old says 15-0

Reality sez 9 or 10 regular season wins. I think we'll be ranked most of the season. I expect we don't break into the Top 25 until Week 1 or 2.

I think 10-2 (Clemson and stub our toe at NC State or Duke) and ranked wire to wire. We're already on most preseason lists and think ESPN will want us in the top 15 for Gameday.

I think 10-2 (Clemson and stub our toe at NC State or Duke) and ranked wire to wire. We're already on most preseason lists and think ESPN will want us in the top 15 for Gameday.
I could see that stub coming from the Maryland game. I really really hope thats not the case.

For all you kiddos, this is how we used to do preseason predictions in the 90s.

It's very possible we could be a favorite in 11 of 12 games, or at least a neutral site favorite in 11 of 12. Stunning to think about.

Injuries are what can hold us back more than inexperience. We have a few positions where we are deep and can withstand it. But a couple others positions cannot.

Lol at Mink having 4th and Kirby winning the Playoff. Only thing UGA is winning this year is "most guys locked up before the season starts".

'Dogs will find another creative way to lose to Bama in the SEC title game

Reactions: gbo

It's very possible we could be a favorite in 11 of 12 games, or at least a neutral site favorite in 11 of 12. Stunning to think about.

Injuries are what can hold us back more than inexperience. We have a few positions where we are deep and can withstand it. But a couple others positions cannot.
Close but not quite KaiserUEO like...you need more snark ;-)

Despite coaching woes, Florida State and Louisville still have a ton of talent on their rosters. We have a new QB, and a rebuilding OL. Both of these are on the road, too. I could see us stubbing our toe in either of these at least as much as Duke.

It's not even just "kiddos" anymore (although at a certain age I guess anyone in their 20s seems like a kid to you). I am 26 years old, will be 27 at the start of the 2019 season, and I've NEVER had preseason predictions remotely in this realm. I have been a perennial 6-6 predictor for years (predicted 5-7 last year), and that's as a fan definitely falls on the optimistic side! Probably the closest I ever came was the last year of Marrone, where I actually figured we'd be a 7-5/8-4ish team. But now we are talking about 7-5/8-4 like it's the FLOOR!

For all you kiddos, this is how we used to do preseason predictions in the 90s..

And then we entered the information into our electronic organizer.

Sharp_Electronic_Organiser.jpg

In the 90s it was a matter of which of these games is going to be the early season What the &$?! loss? And then after an impressive string of wins - which top ranked Big East team is going to take P out behind the woodshed?

I'm hopeful for another 9-3 season, plus a bowl. They had everything go right for them last year,
especially on D, where they had something like 30 TOs and 35 sacks, one of the few Ds to do such
things. Might've led in TOs, and were top 10 in sacks. The team starts doing that on a regular
basis, and they'll contend for titles. Wow, even better than I thought: 43 sacks, 31 turnovers, up
from 16 sacks and 16 TOs. That'll do wonders for a program. If they can hit 35 sacks and
25 TOs, they'll do what we hope. And keep top notch special teams.

Kev