Semi OT - all time NBA team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT - all time NBA team

I'm just amused when you dismiss opinions from people that actually saw these guys play.
I don’t care if people disagree me.
I just don’t care to debate with people who just cause me to waste energy and it’s pointless.
I really don’t care that is why I am not responding to certain things.
Reading the book of Basketball by Bill Simmons and all the research he did has me informed well.
His analysis was fair.

I just don’t care to debate with people who just cause me to waste energy and it’s pointless.

That's fine. It's just an opinion board. Don't take it so personally.

That's fine. It's just an opinion board. Don't take it so personally.
I am not taking it personally. I am choosing to just let it go when it gets to point of anything more than fun.

This probably the only good moment Walker had against the Lakers.

My favorite part of this Larry David the real Larry celebrating and giving the Celtics coach a high five on floor when Kobe’s shot is waved off.

First Larry David trips Shaq and injures him, and then this? Cmon Larry.

Kenny Anderson was kindve underrated by the time he was a Celtic. The stats weren’t huge and he wasn’t an all star anymore or anything, but I always liked his game. I remember him making a lot of big shots against the Sixers in the playoffs one of those years(02 maybe?).

Reading the book of Basketball by Bill Simmons and all the research he did has me informed well.
His analysis was fair.
Bill Simmons: Self proclaimed king of all things Boston sports. You Boston fans can keep him.

Reactions: MCC
Bill Simmons: Self proclaimed king of all things Boston sports. You Boston fans can keep him.

I’m not a big Simmons fan. I liked some of his articles 15 years ago when he was “sports guy”, and liked his NBA draft watching recaps for years, but that’s about it. But his “Basketball” book was a good read and well done.

I’m not a big Simmons fan. I liked some of his articles 15 years ago when he was “sports guy”, and liked his NBA draft watching recaps for years, but that’s about it. But his “Basketball” book was a good read and well done.

He has a wide range of knowledge but as more fame and exposure came his way he got too full of himself.

He has a wide range of knowledge but as more fame and exposure came his way he got too full of himself.

Agreed. That whole Doc Rivers battle during the NBA draft really made me turn on him. Like, who does this little nerd think he is?

My top 5 teams of all time.

1-
Magic
Jordan
James
Duncan
Kareem

2-
Oscar
Kobe
Bird
Malone
Wilt

3-
Curry
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Russell

4-
Stockton
West
Dr J
Garnett
Hakeem

5-
Nash
Drexler
Wilkins
Barkley
Shaq

He ranked Willis Reed above both Cowens and Unseld.
That book was not bias.
He put Magic above Bird as well.
The guy is a hack but if you like NBA basketball his Book of basketball is well done and a good read.

That book was not bias.
The guy is a hack but if you like NBA basketball his Book of basketball is well done and a good read.
I'll have to put it on my summer reading list. I would put Magic above Bird as well.

I'll have to put it on my summer reading list. I would put Magic above Bird as well.

It's a great book. Very easy to read 20 pages and then set it down and pick it up again the following day. I imagine he might be updating it again soon. The top 100 NBA players list is always changing.

Saw this off the fab video above made me laugh a little

That book was not bias.

Simmons was a great writer as a "guy at the bar" type fan. I always thought he captured the fan's POV really well.

However, once he got bigger and then started developing Grantland, 30 for 30 and eventually The Ringer, he clearly shifted focus and his writing suffered.

Now, imo, his best attribute is finding and growing talent.

I also think his podcasts are solid.

His TBOB is a really good book. Any big NBA fan should read it. You aren't reading that for the same reason you'd read "Breaks of the Game" by Halberstam, but it's a great read for huge NBA fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom