Semi-OT: Marching Band at the Pinstripe Bowl | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT: Marching Band at the Pinstripe Bowl

There's a load of articles about the Michigan Alabama game earlier this year that talk about the Sugar Bowl paying for Michigan's band to travel there last season. Not sure about bowls like the Rose Bowl...but I am 100% sure the Sugar Bowl covered Michigan's band travel costs.

I'd rather see the school cover travel costs, OR no band at a bowl game. A third option of having a band and hoping they pay to show up is idiotic, since Syracuse could have two dozen band members show and perform looking like its Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (which would look pathetic and reflect poorly on SU).

100% sure, eh?

"Michigan spent $423,574 to transport the 379 people comprising the team and staff to New Orleans for the game, $297,183 for the 319 members of the band and cheerleading squads and $16,470 to transport 31 members of the school's "official party," which Ablauf wrote comprised "non-athletic department personnel: Regents, president and university officials.""

http://espn.go.com/colleges/michiga...934/michigan-wolverines-make-78916-sugar-bowl

I personally can't stand the marching band.

It all goes back years ago when I would go to games with my aunt. My dad would drop us off right outside our gate, five minutes tops before kickoffs. We usually avoided the band. Sometimes, we arrived too early and we were forced to watch the band pre-kickoff. It's always been an inside joke with my aunt now when the band is on the field.

It just isn't something I like and never has been.

Gee, the band makes college and high school football games what they are, an event. We have hosted foreign exchange students and when we bring them to a high school or SU football game, it is the first thing they notice, WOW, this is a great event. They can't believe how awesome American HS and college sport events are and largely because of the bands. They love the half time show an
d the band playing during the game. It is what gets my blood pumping when I walk up the hill. We have to support our band! I always watch the band during the half!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom