Semi-OT: PJ Hairston | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT: PJ Hairston

jdubs30

Living Legend
Hairston is averaging 27ppg on 48% shooting from the floor and 41% in the DLeague so far and has put up 2 40pt games (he also had a 7pt game, but every other game has been over 22). I know the DLeague doesn't exactly play the stingiest defense, but my question is; what would the ACC look like had Hairston been eligible? You could argue he was their best player, and while I'm not sure they would have beat us with him, they definitely would have more ACC wins than they do. The kid is a great 3pt shooter, something that UNC is really lacking this year.

You could argue UNC would have 2 losses overall (or maybe less) with Hairston, all but 2 of their losses have been by less than 5pts.

I know playing the "what if" game doesn't mean anything, but does anyone think UNC would be a top 10 team with Hairston?

I do. They moped for a month when he was ruled in eligible for the season. I really don't think there's 10 teams better than UNC with Hairston.

I think they'd be top 25, for sure. He's a great talent. I expect him to get taken somewhere in the mid to late 1st round in the draft, he'll probably slide a bit over the character issues.

My feeling is Hairston would almost certainly be their best player if he was on the team. It's hard to re-create the whole season with him in the lineup, but they're 73rd in offensive efficiency. Hard to believe they wouldn't be a lot higher with him in the line up.

At worst they would be the third best team in the conference.

The dude can ball no question. Definitely a Final 4 contender with him, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom