Serious question about John Wallace... | Syracusefan.com

Serious question about John Wallace...

cto

Administrator
A friend of mine told me today that John Wallace is coaching a kids' team in Danbury, CT, because his son plays there. Does anyone know whether this is true?

The reason I ask is that the team of my friend's son... played the Danbury team last night... and my friend insists that John was the coach of the Danbury team.

I thought John was in Rochester, but obviously that does not mean he does not have a son in Danbury

Last edited:
Could have sworn he was in rochester still. I'm surprised he wasn't in Buffalo yesterday for Javon McCrae's senior night at UB. He was his AAU coach/handler

Thought his kid was still at Pitt-Southerland?

this is from the start of last season, but his son was on the Danbury team
linky
now, is JW the current coach, asst coach, etc.? Seems possible...

Thanks, Bill Jay...

Here is the story that my friend told me this morning (at church of all unlikely places).

My friend coaches a team of 10 year old kids from tiny Easton, CT, that played much larger Danbury yesterday in a tourney in (of all unlikely places) Newtown, CT. The Easton kids were getting killed by the larger, stronger Danbury kids, but the Danbury coach kept his starters in and never eased up, even though he had like 10 kids on the bench ... and the final score was something like 50-10.

After the game, my friend went over to the Danbury coach (Wallace, he said) to congratulate him... and the Danbury coach said to him... "I didn't take out my starters because you had too many fans cheering here." According to my friend, Easton had maybe 30 parents and friends there... and Danbury had maybe 10.

If it were John Wallace, it is a very sad story. If it were he, he did not make any friends for Syracuse yesterday.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill Jay...

Here is the story that my friend told me this morning (at church of all unlikely places).

My friend coaches a team of 10 year old kids from tiny Easton, CT, that played much larger Danbury yesterday in a tourney in (of all unlikely places) Newtown, CT. The Easton kids were getting killed by the larger, stronger Danbury kids, but the Danbury coach kept his starters in and never eased up, even though he had like 10 kids on the bench ... and the final score was something like 50-10.

After the game, my friend went over to the Danbury coach (Wallace, he said) to congratulate him... and the coach said to him... "I didn't take out my starters because you had too many fans cheering there." According to my friend, Easton had maybe 30 parents and friends there... and Danbury had maybe 10.

If it were John Wallace, it is a very sad story. If it were he, he did not make any friends for Syracuse yesterday.
Ha! Not to be an internet stalker or anything, but I was going to post a picture of Joey Wallace, his 2nd son & the one who plays in high school. Obviously not a ten year old! There's either a JW look-alike or he's coaching a 3rd son of his. Hope it's the former.

What could they have been cheering for with 10 pts? Come on j dubbs

Ha! Not to be an internet stalker or anything, but I was going to post a picture of Joey Wallace, his 2nd son & the one who plays in high school. Obviously not a ten year old! There's either a JW look-alike or he's coaching a 3rd son of his. Hope it's the former.
Or maybe he's just coaching a 10-year-old team while he is in Danbury. I don't know the answer. But my friend,, who played D-3 basketball, said it was definitely John Wallace (whom he said he recognized from his SU and Knicks days).

Thanks, Bill Jay...

After the game, my friend went over to the Danbury coach (Wallace, he said) to congratulate him... and the Danbury coach said to him... "I didn't take out my starters because you had too many fans cheering there." According to my friend, Easton had maybe 30 parents and friends there... and Danbury had maybe 10.

Learned how not to use his bench from JB...

Thanks, Bill Jay...

After the game, my friend went over to the Danbury coach (Wallace, he said) to congratulate him... and the Danbury coach said to him... "I didn't take out my starters because you had too many fans cheering there." According to my friend, Easton had maybe 30 parents and friends there... and Danbury had maybe 10.

Being wired that way is what he used to carry us to the championship. These guys can't shut it off.

Pretty sure that john wallace is my all time favorite syracuse player. 6'9" with handle, decent outside shot...explosive. he took a team that would have had trouble making the NIT without him, and lead them to the finals against a kentucky team with 50 nba players on it..and held the game close.

JW's son Joey...an interesting video. Looks to be a little over a month ago. Seem like a pretty sharp kid.

Oh so some peoples feelings were hurt? Maybe their kids should try out for soccer?

John Wallace looks extremely different now though..You would barely recognize him now

Isn't JDub a member of the SU Rat Pack that seemingly attends every postseason game? I've seen him at so many BETs over the years, along with his orange roadie Packmates (DC, Poetry, Pearl, etc.). Those guys were at every BET and NCAAT game last season.

Just suggesting that you could confront him directly in Greensboro, Buffalo, ____. If the story is true, not cool.

Pretty sure that john wallace is my all time favorite syracuse player. 6'9" with handle, decent outside shot...explosive. he took a team that would have had trouble making the NIT without him, and lead them to the finals against a kentucky team with 50 nba players on it..and held the game close.

In some ways, my favorite SU run to a Final Four. Al McGuire doing the dance. It was at the Meadowlands, right near where I lived. Exciting isn't a strong enough word for the finishes of some of those games. If not for an injury that forced Z out for a few possessions, and a couple crappy foul calls on Wallace, that team could have won it all.

They had a lot in common with the over-achievers from the 1975 team - a big athletic four who was your leading scorer and rebounder (Wallace - Rudy Hackett), workman-like centers (J.B. Reaf - Ernie Siebert), solid pass-first point guards (Z - Jimmy Williams), athletic wing-man (Burgan - Chris Sease). That would have been an incredible accomplishment if they pulled it off.

A friend of mine told me today that John Wallace is coaching a kids' team in Danbury, CT, because his son plays there. Does anyone know whether this is true?

The reason I ask is that the team of my friend's son... played the Danbury team last night... and my friend insists that John was the coach of the Danbury team.

I thought John was in Rochester, but obviously that does not mean he does not have a son in Danbury

According to his Wiki it is definitely possible that he lives in the Danbury Newtown area and works in Armonk (for those not in the area that's about 25 minutes away).

From his wiki:
John Wallace is an Executive Board Member of Heavenly Productions Foundation, a 501c-3 charity based in Armonk, New York whose mission is to help children in need and in distress.

Could have sworn he was in rochester still. I'm surprised he wasn't in Buffalo yesterday for Javon McCrae's senior night at UB. He was his AAU coach/handler

Thought his kid was still at Pitt-Southerland?

Joey now plays for Immaculate High School in Danbury...

Isn't JDub a member of the SU Rat Pack that seemingly attends every postseason game? I've seen him at so many BETs over the years, along with his orange roadie Packmates (DC, Poetry, Pearl, etc.). Those guys were at every BET and NCAAT game last season.

Just suggesting that you could confront him directly in Greensboro, Buffalo, ____. If the story is true, not cool.
CTO's posse will represent.
images

So you are suggesting we confront him in public while he is with his large, athletic, alumni friends who all bring a ton of goodwill to the program about the way he coached some 10-year olds?

You first.

If this is true, it wouldnt surprise me at all if CTO says something of disappointment or encouragement to him.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wallace shows CTO respect.

If it were he, he did not make any friends for Syracuse yesterday.

Nothing to do with hoops but awesome use of the subjunctive along with the proper predicate nominative pronoun with the verb "to be"...

How many get that right? 1 in a 1000, 1 in 10,000?

Were you an English major?

She is...the most interesting woman in the world...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom