Serious question... About Michael Carter Williams | Syracusefan.com

Serious question... About Michael Carter Williams

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
Why continue to play him for so many minutes when clearly his heart isn't in it? Cooney can play he needs minutes.

Replace MCW in this thread title with Triche and I am right there with you.

I can't understand how TC can't see even 3 minutes in the second half at the 8-10 minute mark.

Replace MCW in this thread title with Triche and I am right there with you.

I can't understand how TC can't see even 3 minutes in the second half at the 8-10 minute mark.
Both are the problem. Bi polar.

Why continue to play him for so many minutes when clearly his heart isn't in it? Cooney can play he needs minutes.

Unless Cooney is suddenly going to make Triche play better than it doesn't matter.

It's nice to think the answers to our problems are sitting right there on the bench. I fall into that trap myself. But that's almost never the answer.

Team just needs a little time off, which they are now getting. Coming off that letdown loss on Saturday and having to travel there 2 days later against a team that plays so well at home is a very tall order. The game was closer than I thought it would be.

All comes down to Saturday. A win gives us back a lot of confidence. Right now we have none.

Unless Cooney is suddenly going to make Triche play better than it doesn't matter.

It's nice to think the answers to our problems are sitting right there on the bench. I fall into that trap myself. But that's almost never the answer.

Team just needs a little time off, which they are now getting. Coming off that letdown loss on Saturday and having to travel there 2 days later against a team that plays so well at home is a very tall order. The game was closer than I thought it would be.

All comes down to Saturday. A win gives us back a lot of confidence. Right now we have none.
That's all fine and dandy,but up 7 with less than 10 minutes to go with your guards clearly the reason for losing, is inexcusable.

What does? We have 0 shot at the BE regular season title. We have to beat Ville and @GTown to even get a double bye in the BET.

Donte played on a team with 6 players, two being a rookie Scoop Jardine and Kristof Ongenaet. It's called a green light. What were the options?
That's fair but it was tough to root for and watch.

Don't agree that his "heart isn't in it." He's just making mistakes. The same kinds of mistakes you'd expect from a first-year player, with lofty ambitions, in uncertain>desperate circumstances.

He probably did let the hype get to him. I'm quite sure he had been thinking too highly of himself. But, he does compete. Aside from the times where he doesn't put a hand up against the jumpshooter he's should be closing on, i don't find fault with the effort.

He's young in experience, not strong enough for his size, and the team, as a whole, has not been well-coached or disciplined.

Don't agree that his "heart isn't in it." He's just making mistakes. The same kinds of mistakes you'd expect from a first-year player, with lofty ambitions, in uncertain>desperate circumstances.

He probably did let the hype get to him. I'm quite sure he had been thinking too highly of himself. But, he does compete. Aside from the times where he doesn't put a hand up against the jumpshooter he's should be closing on, i don't find fault with the effort.

He's young in experience, not strong enough for his size, and the team, as a whole, has not been well-coached or disciplined.

Thank you.

At least MCW tries to make something happen. Why does nobody question Triche's heart? The guy shows no emotion and defers to MCW; clearly he must not care. Why does nobody question Southerland's heart? The guy chucks up contested 3 after contested 3 and never passes up his own shot to get a teammate a better look; clearly he must not care. Why does nobody question CJ Fair's heart? The guy scores efficiently, but he has no problem deferring to the guys that aren't nearly as efficient; clearly he must not care.

Donte played on a team with 6 players, two being a rookie Scoop Jardine and Kristof Ongenaet. It's called a green light. What were the options?

Play defense, use your height to your advantage on offense by backing your man down.

Donte played basketball the easy way.

I agree. DYNASTY BABAY!!

I still like this team better. Dynasty, these guys will have to show something in the next four weeks to drop to your level...

What does? We have 0 shot at the BE regular season title. We have to beat Ville and @GTown to even get a double bye in the BET.

Beat Louisville, get confidence back, beat DePaul, beat G'Town. Improbable? Looks that way now. Impossible? No way.

I still like this team better. Dynasty, these guys will have to show something in the next four weeks to drop to your level...

I believe he was being sarcastic.

I don't know if that's fair. That class brought some excitement back to the Hill after a couple mediocre seasons. Donte in particular was stuck playing a role he shouldn't have played when Eric went down. At that point he and Flynn were the only shooters.

We also got to watch Scoop and Rick grow up. This years team would be really good with Scoop and Rick. And you know, aren't most freshmen complete idiots? Freshman idiocy is a universal truth.

And no SU team compares to the 02 team. The 08 team isn't in the same time zone as 02.

Play defense, use your height to your advantage on offense by backing your man down.

Donte played basketball the easy way.
Like Billy Edelin did to...Chris Thomas? That ND guard, Billy destroyed him. MCW needs some of that but...Billy also had GMac on the perimeter who kinda needed to be guarded. Triche...not so much.

I do think the answer is on the bench. Sometimes 'the answer' is simply to remind players they are accountable for their often mind-boggingly poor decisions on the court.

I have to believe that somewhere on that bench is a less skilled player whom is practicing everyday with the type of grit and determination and focus we want our starters to play with.

Triche's lazy loose ball attempt, and Carter's jump 1st pass second mistakes, should earn them moments of reflection next to JB. Him mouthing 'WOW' teaches them nothing. It results in hollow Twitter apologies.

You gotta make them understand again the level of intensity required to achieve what I hope they want to achieve.

With guys like Melo, Wallace, and Coleman, I don't mind the green light / no consequences system. With these marginal, paper stars, not so much.

I don't get how anyone could want to bench MCW over Triche. Night in and night out the other teams 2g is completely outplaying ours. MCW has to try to make things happen otherwise we would just throw the ball around the perimeter all game since apparantly we have zero clue how to attack a zone. I do agree that MCW has been disappointing, I just can't get mad at him when his backcourt mate is completely ******* the bed every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom