Serious question, who here would have an easier time accepting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Serious question, who here would have an easier time accepting...

We shouldn't be losing recruits to wash.
I think Washington is a special case and that will stop happening pretty soon.

Hop was our lead recruiter and he clearly developed good relationships with recruits. Over the next year or two we'll be recruiting kids that hop was never involved with. I would guess his focus will shift to West coast recruiting and we will probably never be recruiting the same kids again.

In the past few years the only recruitments that I found inexplicable were QG, Wayne Seldon and Thomas Bryant.

Hop won Stewart fair and Juiceman Tucker got starry eyed for Duke.

The way dukes recruiting they can afford to lose one you can't get everyone. Not the case with us.

Who else Duke recruit means nothing. According to Stewart coach k said he was their #1 guy.

All teams cheat except us.

Yawn.

Who else Duke recruit means nothing. According to Stewart coach k said he was their #1 guy.

I don't think that's fair to say - Duke prioritized Stewart, but their "consolation" prize was another 5* Center in Vernon Carey.

We didn't have the same luck, unfortunately.

I don't think that's fair to say - Duke prioritized Stewart, but their "consolation" prize was another 5* Center in Vernon Carey.

We are not done yet dont sleep on the Netherlands!!

That’s not the point. I was responding to a claim SU should never lose a recruit to Washington. By those same standards neither should duke lose their #1 to washington. But I, unlike someone else, understand why both SU and duke lost Stewart to Washington.

How does it mean nothing their recruiting is light years ahead of anyone else even uk. They can't get everyone.

Forget $$ for a moment.

It's just a small world.
Kids aren't dependent on seeing just the teams that pop up on ESPN or CBS.
Now they can see everyone.
And if you're a top high school player and see the Orange in what passes for action the past few years are you really going to want to sign on for that style of play?
Many simply won't.
It's as big turn off for them as it is for many of us.

Counteracting that are the giant crowds they put in the Dome.
And some kids my even be attracted to a coach whose been around forever but isn't K.

But the inability to run or even play much exciting ball seems a big negative.
So does the loss of Mike Hopkins as a recruiter.

The result is where we are now.

Actually can't see any top recruits, wanting to play for JB, and this offense, and defense. This isn't the JB of the 80's when we pushed the pace, and played exciting basketball.

Those factors have been discussed ad nauseam.

“Factors”. Exactly right. This board wouldn’t have anything else to do if they didn’t dissect each issue individually and then have the follow on arguments about which is true and which isn’t.

44cuse

Reactions: 007
Actually can't see any top recruits, wanting to play for JB, and this offense, and defense. This isn't the JB of the 80's when we pushed the pace, and played exciting basketball.
I unfortunately think this is correct. For whatever reason JB is not coaching the style he use to, and it is affecting how we/he is perceived. The sanctions only added to our problems, but I do not believe were the cause of them.
I think the worst thing to happen for JB was this belief that we are a zone all the time team, it limits your coaching, and impacts recruiting in many subtle ways. It also affects our ability to get dfensive rebounds and get a running offense going.

How does it mean nothing their recruiting is light years ahead of anyone else even uk. They can't get everyone.

Never mind.

Just curious what the percentage is in people's minds? I'm on the record more do than don't and it's not 51-49 percent

Depends on what the set is? All 350+ teams? P5?

Just curious what the percentage is in people's minds? I'm on the record more do than don't and it's not 51-49 percent
That depends on what you mean by cheating. If it is they pay players to go to their school or fix grades to get players in to the school, not many. Not many at all. If you mean break some rule the NCAA has, all of them.

That depends on what you mean by cheating. If it is they pay players to go to their school or fix grades to get players in to the school, not many. Not many at all. If you mean break some rule the NCAA has, all of them.
I don't include NCAA rules. That wouldn't be fair ha

Let's say P5

It can be debated what cheating is, but if we’re talking about paying money to someone or a house etc, I’d say about 25%.

you know what we really need here? another scandal ! great idea.

It can be debated what cheating is, but if we’re talking about paying money to someone or a house etc, I’d say about 25%.
Academic fraud too. To get in and stay in?

I think 25% is too high. That would mean more than 75 teams were paying players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom