Seriously?? This is nuts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seriously?? This is nuts

But utah is what, their 6th choice for some of those players ? Not arguing just staying you have so many other schools to choose from and yet he’s still getting players to be top 20 and successful
Exactly on point. He is pulling in not what would be deemed top talent at all. And great marketing scheme though for Ram. They are gonna get those 1 yr leases of moving ads back in a year to still sell for as much as market would otherwise be. Off topic and totally pointless, but whatever. As my handle and pic shows, I own a big orange truck (and I hunted one down bc, I wanted orange!) It's a Ram. Theyre not branded as Dodge Ram anymore, just 'Ram' stupid marketing changes but they make the bucks so, ok ha.

Two dealerships in Albany have done this. 1 with a BC basketball player.

The Utah collective is leasing these trucks, so they’re not in the players name. the kids don’t have any credit, among other lease requirements, the kids must just be listed as drivers. The bank owns the cars as normal. I assume the collective paid all the taxes and insurance on them (getting money from the streaming App sponsor),

The lease payments alone are probably around 700k, I guess a million probably covers everything (insurance, any down payments, taxes etc.). A million bucks is really nothing.

Fucillo would have gotten involved in this game with Syracuse. But you need the middle man collective otherwise it’s pretty messy for the dealerships. So the tailgate collective needs to find a sponsor and step up their game with a car dealership.

Last edited:
Whittingham has the benefit of being able to recruit from California, Texas, and the Midwest along with out in the Pacific. When they go to the Big 12, they'll have access to more talent. Talent makes up for coaching. New York is talent barren. You knew that though.
But many choose to ignore it maybe if Dino had that dog in him he could rebuild NYS HS Football too

But many choose to ignore it maybe if Dino had that dog in him he could rebuild NYS HS Football too
NYS HS football was dead the minute southern private schools starting pulling kids from all over the country. Any halfway decent player outside downstate is out the door by their sophomore year

And this is Utah - hardly a football factory.
You'd be surprised. That's a legit program, and Utah as a state cranks out a lot of DI players per capita.

Whittingham has the benefit of being able to recruit from California, Texas, and the Midwest along with out in the Pacific. When they go to the Big 12, they'll have access to more talent. Talent makes up for coaching.
Whittingham is an exceptionally good coach though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom