Seriously? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seriously?

the 2002 Giants season was ended by a non-called PI on a botched FG.

im going to need everyone involved to get in shape, we are replaying the end of that game, and the 2002 playoffs in general.

that's a 'Missing Ring' team that we can fix.

total bullshit. there needs to be a statute of limitations on golf penalties.

How about we replay the last 19 minutes of that game and, this time, NOT give up a 24 point lead so it doesn't come down to a PI call on a botched field goal...:bang: Oh Lord :mad:

How about we replay the last 19 minutes of that game and, this time, NOT give up a 24 point lead so it doesn't come down to a PI call on a botched field goal...:bang: Oh Lord :mad:
As long as Shockey still throws a cup of ice into the stands onto the fans heckling him, I'm ok with anything...

Arsehole move, but fluck it, its SF and they deserved it:

the 2002 Giants season was ended by a non-called PI on a botched FG.

im going to need everyone involved to get in shape, we are replaying the end of that game, and the 2002 playoffs in general.

that's a 'Missing Ring' team that we can fix.

total bullshit. there needs to be a statute of limitations on golf penalties.

Missing ring, they would have lost to Tampa the next week anyway.

KERRY COLLINS >brad johnson

The entire Bucs roster> The Giants, Jon Gruden> Fassil, the Giants were lucky to make the playoffs, they would have got killed in Tampa just like the Niners did.

The entire Bucs roster> The Giants, Jon Gruden> Fassil, the Giants were lucky to make the playoffs, they would have got killed in Tampa just like the Niners did.
the Giants never stood a chance v K-gun and the undefeated patsies either...

the Giants never stood a chance v K-gun and the undefeated patsies either...

That Giant team beat the 2 time defending champ Niners in their building the week before. The 02 Giant team wasn't that good, sorry they weren't beating Tampa.

That Giant team beat the 2 time defending champ Niners in their building the week before. The 02 Giant team wasn't that good, sorry they weren't beating Tampa.
well, we will never know because in January of 2003, nobody was big enough of a loser to call up Candlestick Park and get the referees on the phone to tell them as much.

but we all know, the Mara's would've declined the offer to have a flag thrown.

too much class...

KERRY COLLINS >brad johnson

Would have rather the Raiders played NYG in the super bowl as opposed to the Bucs and Gruden who knew all the Raiders plays.

These things are only going to get worse. Lets be realistic, the percentage of times the ball being marking and replacing in exactly the same position are pretty close to zero. Allowing players to mark, clean and place the ball is already allowing them to improve their lie. I don't understand why you should penalize the player if the ball is very close to the original position unless its obviously closer to the hole. Even then 2 strokes is excessive. It should be one stroke and none if no one tells you before signing your card. Maybe they can come up with some special marker that everyone has to use so its universal and easier to tell that the position is close enough to its original spot.

The one that gets me the most is when the balls move on the green while the player is addressing it. There are times when the player has done nothing to make it move bit it moves. The greens are often so slick that you don't even need wind to move it they just move. Sometimes they let the player remark and replace with no penalty other times its a 2 stroke penalty. I get that they want to have an even playing field and keep the integrity of the rules but the conditions sometimes make it impossible for the player.

I remember that Dustin Johnson final round US open penalty. They inform him while he's playing that he might get a penalty. If I'm him I stop and say I'm not playing another shot until you decide. I'm in the the lead half way through the final round of the US open. Its either a penalty or its not. The fact that they weren't sure makes it a complete joke. They are lucky Johnson bailed them out and won by 3 so they could give him a 2 stroke penalty and it wasn't a big deal. I was shocked by how they handled it and even more shocked that he continued to play. No way Jack would have kept playing. He would have asked for an immediate ruling before continuing.

Last edited:
actually this is a pretty bad example of pro screwing up and not being penalized. Chamblee is correct it should have been a penalty.. a 1-2 inch difference in marking the ball can be a huge difference in a putt on greens.

i also dont think he did it to improve his line since he did it so fast.

the reason it is a 2 stroke and not 1 is that if the penalty matched what the result of not moving it would be, why worry about the penalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom