Seriously? | Syracusefan.com

Seriously?

Watched this as it happened. Only sport where the fan can materially impact rules adherence, which is crazy. I get that golf is a self policing sport, but a four stroke penalty a day later? Absolutely nuts.

I give Thompson huge credit for nearly winning...Tough to fight back with that type of a curve ball.

i have no issue with the initial 2 stoke penalty (although I loathe the fact that people can call in from home...What is that). The issue I have is the signing the incorrect scorecard thing. She did not know it was incorrect and should not have been penalized the additional 2 shots.

Just a bad situation to otherwise a great tournament.

i have no issue with the initial 2 stoke penalty (although I loathe the fact that people can call in from home...What is that). The issue I have is the signing the incorrect scorecard thing. She did not know it was incorrect and should not have been penalized the additional 2 shots.

Just a bad situation to otherwise a great tournament.
I like it. Maybe we can start calling from home during SU basketball games.

Hope the dickwad who called in feels good. Probably a no friends - no se x kind of guy.

what they should do is make public the persons name who sent in the email. That would be the last time it ever happened again if the person knows they will have their name be tied to it.

I thought they changed the way they enforce those things after what happened in the mens major last year.

when did they find out and then decide to do the penalty so late? didnt they know before the round started?

I thought they changed the way they enforce those things after what happened in the mens major last year.

when did they find out and then decide to do the penalty so late? didnt they know before the round started?
Found out at the 7th hole the day after. Ridiculous.

base

based on the old rule she would have been DQ'ed as opposed to a penalty

so what if the viewer had called into today.. at what point is it too late? Its a major and they have people with every group. the british open had this happen years ago and let the guy win because he still would have.. this was before the DQ rule though. Still silly to penalize someone twice in a sport people call things on themselves all the time.

so what if the viewer had called into today.. at what point is it too late? Its a major and they have people with every group. the british open had this happen years ago and let the guy win because he still would have.. this was before the DQ rule though. Still silly to penalize someone twice in a sport people call things on themselves all the time.

if they called in today it wouldnt have been changed as the tourney is over.

Who can I call about Indiana setting 27 moving screens in the 87 title game?

No one because only golf is lame enough to take calls from fat guys on their couch reporting rules infractions

Last edited:
MEATHEAD

Use some freaking common sense. Bunch of snobby SOBs drinking overpriced tea making idiotic decisions.

MEATHEAD

Use some freaking common sense. Bunch of snobby SOBs drinking overpriced tea making idiotic decisions.
Yeah and that was some advantage to have an 11.25 " putt instead of 12". Maybe the stupidest part of the whole thing is the additional 2 stroke penalty for signing the scorecard. If you were unaware of doing anything wrong and no official points it out during your round - how the hell do you not just sign your scorecard? So for inadvertently locating her ball 3/4" close she gets 4 strokes and is informed on the back nine the next day as she's closing in on the title. This may actually be the most boneheaded thinking I've ever seen in sports.

the 2002 Giants season was ended by a non-called PI on a botched FG.

im going to need everyone involved to get in shape, we are replaying the end of that game, and the 2002 playoffs in general.

that's a 'Missing Ring' team that we can fix.

total bullshit. there needs to be a statute of limitations on golf penalties.

the issue needs to fit the crime.. I get that it would hard to have 2-3 "refs" on every hole to try and see everything a player does, still the penalty for something that really has little to no effect on the game at the pro level was too severe.

i am ok with the penalty being enforced but not 24 hrs later mid round.

Why is a mis-mark of the ball an inch a 2 shot penalty anyway?

I want to punch some of these officials in the face most of the time I see them anyway, this makes me want to do it after a few lines of cocaine and a couple scoops of preworkout

I loved how salty the Tiger fan boys got when he got exposed as a cheater during the masters when somebody called in.

Why is a mis-mark of the ball an inch a 2 shot penalty anyway?
my guess is what she did was she saw some type of depression possibly and moved the ball a centimeter to avoid it. I am sure it was done unintentional but it was moved. I dont agree with the ruling in general (she should have just tapped it in she only had a foot).

Last edited:
my guess is what she did was she saw some type of depressions possibly and moved the ball a centimeter to avoid it. I am sure it was done unintentional but it was moved. I dont agree with the ruling in general (she should have just tapped it in she only had a foot).
i think some of these people are soooo obsessive compulsive that they have to pick up the ball and inspect it.

its a penalty for sure, but yeah a day later is ridiculous especially when not every shot, by everyone is televised.

Australian Winter Rules...

you can improve your lie in the rough, only if you can roughly prove you're not lying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom