Seriously? | Syracusefan.com

Seriously?

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I have finally settled down.

How do you make that call? What was Middlebrooks supposed to do? Disappear? He got stepped on. Come the fluck on.

Christ that went from being one of the best WS plays with 2 put-outs at the plate to being the most embarrassing win. Let the players decide it, not some butt-hurt fat flcuk that had his panties in a bunch because his also terrible call in game one was overturned.

Really. Even Yank fans know that was a terrible terrible call.

Middlebrooks lifted those legs. If ARod were the third baseman, every Sox fan would have noticed it.

Don't worry, this won't follow him around. His profile is safely low enough.

Sox fans should direct their anger at yet another risky attempt to throw a guy out at third with 2 outs.

i wonder if they noticed that runner actually slid and stepped back towards 2nd so in effect he missed 3rd base.. if we are going to go by the rules, go by them all. tough call that happens dozens of times a year in steals at 2nd and never gets called..

As a Sox fan I didn't have a problem with the call. As a matter of fact I yelled out "trip him and hope the ump misses it" as soon as I saw the throw go up the left field line. It was the only shot they had.

I had way more issues with:

-Ferrell letting Workmen hit and then pulling him after 2 batters in the 9th.
-Our catcher throwing the ball wildly to 3rd. He has now been involved with 2 miscues that have cost us games.
-Our shortstop who couldn't hit in a slow pitch softball game.
-And finally, Buchholz becoming a head case and telling anyone who will listen that he isn't 100%.

i wonder if they noticed that runner actually slid and stepped back towards 2nd so in effect he missed 3rd base.. if we are going to go by the rules, go by them all. tough call that happens dozens of times a year in steals at 2nd and never gets called..
That is what bothered me the most. If middle brooks was in the base path it is one thing, but he was two feet inside and there is no logical reason to trip over a guy on the 2nd base side of 3rd when you are running home.

first thing boston should have done is appealed the call. you can argue its a judgement call but they could also argue the point that the obstruction call was valid but the umpires awarded the wrong base. once you give the runner 3rd then anything else is not a given and the runner is out..

He touched third base and when he got up his left foot landed inside the base but within the base line.
Was he supposed to step on the base to get up? It is a rule that was called correctly and nobody except Sox fans seem to have a problem with it.

It's the f*cking rule. It was blatantly obvious. Christ.

I have finally settled down.

How do you make that call? What was Middlebrooks supposed to do? Disappear? He got stepped on. Come the fluck on.

Christ that went from being one of the best WS plays with 2 put-outs at the plate to being the most embarrassing win. Let the players decide it, not some butt-hurt fat flcuk that had his panties in a bunch because his also terrible call in game one was overturned.

Really. Even Yank fans know that was a terrible terrible call.
He should not have bent his legs into the air to interfer with the runner. It was clearly obstruction. It was umpire 101.

Obstruction is also among the terms defined in Rule 2.0. Most germane to this play is part of a comment in this section: "After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the act of fielding the ball. For example: If an infielder dives at a ground ball and the ball passes him and he continues to lie on the ground and delays the progress of the runner, he very likely has obstructed the runner."

first thing boston should have done is appealed the call. you can argue its a judgement call but they could also argue the point that the obstruction call was valid but the umpires awarded the wrong base. once you give the runner 3rd then anything else is not a given and the runner is out..
Not how the rule works. It's a plus one base penalty. He reached third, was then obstructed. He gets the next base.

obstruction is not a one base penalty. its what ever you would have gotten without the penalty.. he clearly steps off 3rd towards 2nd . with no obstruction he probably doesnt score so then its a one base since he wouldnt have gotten 2... he needs to retouch 3rd and doesnt.. even without the obstruction he is out for missing 3rd.

He should not have bent his legs into the air to interfer with the runner. It was clearly obstruction. It was umpire 101.

100% this. If he laid flat it is probably a no call. Not many people raise their legs like that while lifting themselves up on the arms/knees. Umps got it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom