Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
halftime of UK rout of UNC (15 at half) Davis says SU could miss the tourney this year. Already have 3 losses, more coming. This guy just loves to pick on Cuse.

Ya, I just saw that too. It may in fact end up being true. However, hopefully such a prognostication will motivate the team. March is just boring if we are not still playing.

DonLightfoot said:
Ya, I just saw that too. It may in fact end up being true. However, hopefully such a prognostication will motivate the team. March is just boring if we are not still playing.

Outside of Nova, opportunity to run off a number of wins over the next month.

halftime of UK rout of UNC (15 at half) Davis says SU could miss the tourney this year. Already have 3 losses, more coming. This guy just loves to pick on Cuse.
They could also be a one seed. Highly doubtful but you just never know how the ball bounces.

Yeah I saw Seth's prediction. I think he has taken some shots at us before but I guess I'm not particularly outraged at that prediction this year.

Well, he's right.
Sure but you note he doesn't mention Michigan or UConn or other teams that have way under performed. He focuses right in on Cuse.

Possibly true but he could have easily selected Florida or Michigan as well.

Assuming we run the non-con table, .500 in ACC play gets us to 12 losses.

bubbles-0004.jpg

As another poster already pointed out - it's a positive that he said "could miss". "Will miss" is more like it based upon how we have shot the ball during the first 8 games of the season. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Talking heads are going to talk...not surprised by him saying this...we have struggled BUT our resume has the potential for some HUGE statement wins on it! LGO.

Sure but you note he doesn't mention Michigan or UConn or other teams that have way under performed. He focuses right in on Cuse.
If you look at the list of things he was talking about in "10 Things I Have Learned So Far This Season"...just before his Syracuse comment was zone defense.
So mentioning SU is natural flow...when you think zone in college basketball you think the Orange 2-3.
And mentioning Michigan sure wouldn't help us...given our performance there.

I prefer to take it as a compliment. Out of all the teams he could have picked, he chose SU as the biggest shock if they don't make it.
I don't get why more fans don't see it this way. Its because we're relevant, not because he's taking shots at us. Insecurity is never a good look.Oh Lord

Is there anyone in the country who DOESN'T think we could miss the tournament? The way things are going I think we are 50/50 at best right now.

You have got to be kidding me with this no post season BS Did you forget who our coach is? I will enjoy watching this young team grow. We were one of the top teams in the country last year. We are not Rutgers. Trust the process. These kids are working hard with a legend on the sidelines.

Assuming we run the non-con table, .500 in ACC play gets us to 12 losses.

bubbles-0004.jpg
A win over Nova, and if we finished .500 in ACC play I would hope 2 of those wins would come against Duke/UNC/Ville/UVA; that should be enough I'd think.

No need to feed this troll. We aren't a NC this year we could make the tournament or not. Obviously this guy knows we are sensitive and wants attention from our fanbase complaining.