Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT

You know who else could miss the NCAA tournament?

North Carolina.

or Defending Champion UCONN, or Florida, or Michigan.

But no he goes out of his way to troll/hate on Syracuse.

OR, outside shooting comes around , DCII gets healthy and The Orange jell and make a run deep in March , counterintuitive Boehiem style .

What in the hell are you talking about? "this guy just loves to pick on cuse"?!

Or he just loves to breathe air? It is totally fair for anyone, like our own gosh dammit board executives like Jake to predict they wont make the ncaa, it is just as fair for a national journalist to predict the same thing.

i apologize that i am taking it out on this specific post - but these type of posts make me want to vomit. they are so irrational it hurts and it literally embarrasses the entire university athletic department. we have enough uneducated garbage on syracuse.com - we dont need it on here. Of course it is fair game to predict we wont make the tourney sitting at 6-3. basically with 2 or 3 bad losses (depending on st johns) now that Michigan has proved they arent anything.

Just want to throw out there that im not predicting making tourney or not making it... i am only saying that someon predicting we wont make it doesnt make someone an anti cuse guy after the facts already shown to him/her. That is purely an uneducated and unnecessary swipe. There simply is no other way or nicer way to put it.
It's not that what he said about Cuse isn't true. Sure it is...we could miss the tourney this year. That's not my point. There are other high profile teams -- Michigan, UConn, Florida come easily to mind -- that he could have pointed out either instead of or in addition to Cuse. But he only holds up SU as an example of disappointing teams in trouble. Wonder why? Could it be that he ALWAYS is looking to say something negative about Cuse? Certainly fits his MO.

It's not that what he said about Cuse isn't true. Sure it is...we could miss the tourney this year. That's not my point. There are other high profile teams -- Michigan, UConn, Florida come easily to mind -- that he could have pointed out either instead of or in addition to Cuse. But he only holds up SU as an example of disappointing teams in trouble. Wonder why? Could it be that he ALWAYS is looking to say something negative about Cuse? Certainly fits his MO.

maybe because, even with the multiple titles won by UConn & FLA, Syracuse is still a bigger national name and likely to get more attention?

when people in the media are talking about you a lot, its a sign of the weight of your name.

when you get upset about it, its a sign of the thinness of your skin & the fragility of your ego

Michigan, UConn, and Florida have been abysmal, it probably just goes without saying.

If you have traveled around the USA , you would find that there is a strong antipathy towards anything from New York. It is a fact. If the people here understood that , instead of rationalizing , we could make a unified stand. United we stand , divided we fall.

OR, outside shooting comes around , DCII gets healthy and The Orange jell and make a run deep in March , counterintuitive Boehiem style .

Right now SU looks bad, and I have no problem with publicity about the obvious even if it's negative. It's early. This team has talent. It remains to be seen if SU can find guys to knock down shots.

In the past I have seen JB do great work when expectations are low. Time will tell, but I think this team has the potential to find itself and to make a run at being in the tournament. It's probably going to take smarter team ball, knocking down some shots, and more consistent solid zone defense.

If you have traveled around the USA , you would find that there is a strong antipathy towards anything from New York. It is a fact. If the people here understood that , instead of rationalizing , we could make a unified stand. United we stand , divided we fall.

Lol

Isnt Seth the guy who usually picks us to be upset in the first or 2nd round of the NCAA tournament and for other huge upsets on occasion?

Yeah he went all in on Montana over SU about a nano second after the pairing was announced in 2013.