Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis: Syracuse could miss NCAAT

We will beat nova and beat and do decently in conference play and make the tournament... Eventually the ball will go into the hoop

Could miss? I'll take it!

We already have 3 losses to teams that will either be on the bubble, or be on the outside looking in. Maybe SJU will be better than that, but Michigan is awful and Cal is rather mediocre. Losing to teams like that is going to really hurt come March, if this team wants to be on the right side of the bubble.

If we lose tomorrow, we'll pretty much have to win 12+ in the ACC to make it.

Any publicity is good publicity (especially negative assertions when people realize those assertions are inaccurate)!

Last edited:
Assuming we run the non-con table, .500 in ACC play gets us to 12 losses.

bubbles-0004.jpg
This team isn't beating Villanova, I hope they do, but this team is dis-organized, and is lacking in leadership.

it's the 2nd week of December . . . everyone is still in danger of missing the NCAAT. Remember the year Clemson started 17-0 and ended up in the NIT?

I would of said UCONN over Syracuse considering they're about to 3-4 and won the NC last year, somehow

halftime of UK rout of UNC (15 at half) Davis says SU could miss the tourney this year. Already have 3 losses, more coming. This guy just loves to pick on Cuse.

He may be a DB, but he's not wrong

halftime of UK rout of UNC (15 at half) Davis says SU could miss the tourney this year. Already have 3 losses, more coming. This guy just loves to pick on Cuse.

What in the hell are you talking about? "this guy just loves to pick on cuse"?!

Or he just loves to breathe air? It is totally fair for anyone, like our own gosh dammit board executives like Jake to predict they wont make the ncaa, it is just as fair for a national journalist to predict the same thing.

i apologize that i am taking it out on this specific post - but these type of posts make me want to vomit. they are so irrational it hurts and it literally embarrasses the entire university athletic department. we have enough uneducated garbage on syracuse.com - we dont need it on here. Of course it is fair game to predict we wont make the tourney sitting at 6-3. basically with 2 or 3 bad losses (depending on st johns) now that Michigan has proved they arent anything.

Just want to throw out there that im not predicting making tourney or not making it... i am only saying that someon predicting we wont make it doesnt make someone an anti cuse guy after the facts already shown to him/her. That is purely an uneducated and unnecessary swipe. There simply is no other way or nicer way to put it.

Last edited:
What in the hell are you talking about? "this guy just loves to pick on cuse"?!

Or he just loves to breathe air? It is totally fair for anyone, like our own gosh dammit board executives like Jake to predict they wont make the ncaa, it is just as fair for a national journalist to predict the same thing.

i apologize that i am taking it out on this specific post - but these type of posts make me want to vomit. they are so irrational it hurts and it literally embarrasses the entire university athletic department. we have enough uneducated garbage on syracuse.com - we dont need it on here. Of course it is fair game to predict we wont make the tourney sitting at 6-3. basically with 2 or 3 bad losses (depending on st johns) now that Michigan has proved they arent anything.

Just want to throw out there that im not predicting making tourney or not making it... i am only saying that someon predicting we wont make it doesnt make someone an anti cuse guy after the facts already shown to him/her. That is purely an uneducated and unnecessary swipe. There simply is no other way or nicer way to put it.
Agree.

Further, it baffles me to no end that people are so blinded by orange sunglasses that anytime ANYONE says something that's not kissing our program's ass we deem it a slight and say they hate Syracuse.

There's a difference between being a hater, and being an impartial realist.

Agree.

Further, it baffles me to no end that people are so blinded by orange sunglasses that anytime ANYONE says something that's not kissing our program's ass we deem it a slight and say they hate Syracuse.

There's a difference between being a hater, and being an impartial realist.

Ah. Seth Davis is a Syracuse hater. Along with Doug Gottdweeb.

But Seth is giving Gottdweeb a run for his money of late.

Anyway, What does Seth Davis know that qualifies him to talk College Basketball or Basketball period. Least Gottdweeb played High D-1 Hoops.

Anyway, What does Seth Davis know that qualifies him to talk College Basketball or Basketball period. Least Gottdweeb played High D-1 Hoops.

He's been covering it for about 20 years, longer if you count his time as a student at Duke doing it there.

Just because you played the game doesnt mean you know crap about analyzing it. In fact, some players are flat out horrible when it comes to understanding the game. Some dont even know the rules. McNabb didnt even know there was OT in the NFL. Take a look at the greatest coaches across the sports landscape...more often than not..they were washouts as players. The best players have poor records as head coaches.

The players are equivalent to a McDonalds worker on fries...they may be the best dang fry artist in the world, that doesnt mean they know how to run the restaurant or even understand how it works.

Seth knows basketball pretty well,

We're not good.

Isnt Seth the guy who usually picks us to be upset in the first or 2nd round of the NCAA tournament and for other huge upsets on occasion?

Ya, I just saw that too. It may in fact end up being true. However, hopefully such a prognostication will motivate the team. March is just boring if we are not still playing.
all the motivation in the world does not improve your outside shooting---this is a 10 loss team

to be honest the faux outrage posts about being ranked too low were more fun than this.

What qualifies any sports journalist? Usually experience, access, doing a good enough job to get promoted, etc...

Kinda like every single writer on every single sports page ever type of thing.
Eagerly awaiting CuseHulks follow on "and?"

You know who else could miss the NCAA tournament?

North Carolina.