Seth Davis tweeting from the Melo Center today. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis tweeting from the Melo Center today.

Crimpy ... it's what only the 2nd or 3rd practice. And ... why should we be concerned about having a superstar anyway ... when we would rather have a cohesive team of extremely good, top-tier players. Its not one "great" person that wins games ... its a team of good ones who win the games (ok,ok,... and then there was Kemba Walker ... )

Our formula has always seemed to include at least one star player. '87 had DC and Sherm, '96 had Wallace and '03 Melo.

The exact same comment "no great players" was made last year by a member of the media (was it Seth?) and was crucified on our boards by fans...when in fact, the reporter was spot on.

I think there are a couple of players on this team who will be great players, but they are the younger group.

The exact same comment "no great players" was made last year by a member of the media (was it Seth?) and was crucified on our boards by fans...when in fact, the reporter was spot on.

I think there are a couple of players on this team who will be great players, but they are the younger group.
It was absolutely Seth.

Agree-- the upperclassmen are good but I think some of the younger guys have higher ceilings.

So what are your expectations?

For me...I think the BE Championship is pipe dream considering the fact that we play UL twice. I think UConn finishes ahead of us as well. We will prob compete for third with Marquette. I think we are looking at a 4 seed in the tourney with a Sweet 16 appearance. Nothing special but something to build upon with our young players.

I feel Kris still could be a star but he would have to have improved his overall game and developed that mentality. I think we can get away without a star as long as Brandon and Kris are at least aggressively looking to take the big shots, which they seemed reluctant to do last season.

wish seth gave us something with more substance.
These are tweets, are they not? Has anything of substance been said by anyONE of substance via twitter?

No.
[how many characters was that?]

These are tweets, are they not? Has anything of substance been said by anyONE of substance via twitter?

No.

Do you have a record of tweets of Substance based on your post?

dion already getting pissy with Boeheim. ;)

Dion seems to be the only one who displays a go-to-guy's attitude at times. He was a little selfish last year, but the kid has swagger & shows a willingness to take over...maybe a little too much.
I just don't think JB will give him the green light, a la Kemba, and consequently we're not likely to see it. I just don't read "killer instinct" w/ KJO or Brandon., & Scoop is willing but his game is limited.
Dion, IMHO, has potential to be the MAN (along w/ maybe CJ)- I just don't believe he can thrive... in that role, on this team, in JB's system. If he ever develops the patience to let it come to him, then maybe he'll be able do it.
I hope I'm proven wrong.

Dion seems to be the only one who displays a go-to-guy's attitude at times. He was a little selfish last year, but the kid has swagger & shows a willingness to take over...maybe a little too much.
I just don't think JB will give him the green light, a la Kemba, and consequently we're not likely to see it. I just don't read "killer instinct" w/ KJO or Brandon., & Scoop is willing but his game is limited.
Dion, IMHO, has potential to be the MAN (along w/ maybe CJ)- I just don't believe he can thrive... in that role, on this team, in JB's system. If he ever develops the patience to let it come to him, then maybe he'll be able do it.
I hope I'm proven wrong.
You need at least one guy with Swag. That's what we missed from Devo. Gotta play like you have some balls and make people scared to play you

DeShaun Williams had that 'I'm the go to guy' swagger, but little to back it up. Waiters seemed a little too much like Williams last year.

I think he has the skills, but I'm not as high on him becoming a team player as some on this board are. I hope he does and I hope he learns how to use his talent. Just a little concerned about his attitude.

the year devo left, we had one of our best teams in years. We didn't miss him a bit.

waiters has to play with the team or he will end up on the bench. he realizes theres major competition behind him in mcw, so lets hope for a change.

Not real interesting because that is what I expected. The tweet I found most interesting is that he saw a lot of good players bu no stars. I think we kind of expected that too because we may not have that stud that can put the team on his back. That will be the teams biggest weakness this year.

That's been our weakness since Carmelo left. ;)

No.

There are plenty of substantive tweets by people of substance every day.

This is going back, but I don't see how anyone can read that tweet about charges and outlets and NOT realize that the poor outlet pass was thrown by Fab. I immediately read it as Fab took four charges and threw a terrible pass. It didn't even occur to me that the charges could all be Waiters.

I mean, who is he, Kris Joseph or Brandon Triche?

You need at least one guy with Swag. That's what we missed from Devo. Gotta play like you have some balls and make people scared to play you

I don't mean to disparage Devendorf, but I don't think anyone was scared to play him.

So what are your expectations?

For me...I think the BE Championship is pipe dream considering the fact that we play UL twice. I think UConn finishes ahead of us as well. We will prob compete for third with Marquette. I think we are looking at a 4 seed in the tourney with a Sweet 16 appearance. Nothing special but something to build upon with our young players.

I agree that playing Louisville twice isn't exactly a recipe for success (and think that even splitting the series with them would be a huge win - they've won seven in a row). But remember that Louisville loses to mediocre teams as often as they beat Syracuse - frequently.

All the good teams are going to lose some games. It's not unlikely that 14-4 will win the league, and there's no reason why we can't be that team.

Above all else, Syracuse has to commit to defense as they did two years ago. They do that, they'll be very good.

I think our defense will be good this year, if for the pure fact that JB has guys on the bench to go to if anyone is lackadaisical

If it's not Kris, then we won't have 'that guy', IMO. Kris needs to step up. It remains to be seen if he has it in him.

If MCW gets the minutes Im not throwing him out. No way teams will have a easy time stopping two point guards.

Although I like the thought of MCW and Dion returning together. Dion needs patience not just unselfishness. It never helps to rush kids with high ceilings it just builds doubt in the fans minds. Many could end up feeling that way about Fab again this year. It will come for them sometime over the next four years though. Its only a matter of time.
On the other hand Fair and Baye are to scrappy to keep off the court :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom