Seth Davis tweeting from the Melo Center today. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis tweeting from the Melo Center today.

wish seth gave us something with more substance.

My dad actually attended today's practice [met Seth Davis while up there, in fact]--lots of cool observations about the team / players. Will post a detailed summary tomorrow morning...

My dad actually attended today's practice [met Seth Davis while up there, in fact]--lots of cool observations about the team / players. Will post a detailed summary tomorrow morning...
How can we get into a practice?

Cool man. i find that SU fans get into more detail and pick up on things outsiders tend to miss when it comes to talking about the team. hungry for info in rotterdam, ny :)

we're talkin bout practise (iverson voice)

practice gets you on the court in games. 4 charges then a boneheaded play (davis words) doesn't help. it indicates being out of control. but it's the first practice, so we shall see.

Are we sure it was four charges by Dion? Or was it four charges taken by Fab?

Are we sure it was four charges by Dion? Or was it four charges taken by Fab?

good question. the way seth worded it "Melo took terrific charge on Waiters. His fourth charge of practice. Minutes later made boneheaded outlet pass out of bounds.", it can also be interpreted that melo through the bad outlet pass.

Funny how the game of telephone starts. The subject of that tweet was Melo. Waiters makes outlet passes now? Don't think so.

good question. the way seth worded it "Melo took terrific charge on Waiters. His fourth charge of practice. Minutes later made boneheaded outlet pass out of bounds.", it can also be interpreted that melo through the bad outlet pass.

to me it sounds like he took 4 total charges and one happened to be waiters.

That's the way I read it.. Melo took a charge from Waiters (who had 4 charges) then Melo threw poor outlet.

That's the way I read it.. Melo took a charge from Waiters (who had 4 charges) then Melo threw poor outlet.

This is truly fascinating. Thats not what was just said and doesn't make sense.

Melo, who took a total of four charges, drew one on Waiters. Following this, Melo threw a poor outlet.

Its obvious Fab took a great charge on Dion but after that seems either guy could have done part 2 and 3 the way its worded.

Sheesh ...loving tweets, or twits,or whatever they are called. I find it much more interesting that the starting squad was Melo, KJo, BT, Scoop, and Rak ... sounds like the sarting 5. I hope Rak gets into shape quick or he's going to have problems - quick. JB HATES players missing those easy lay-ups ... the hook is quick,too.

I find it much more interesting that the starting squad was Melo, KJo, BT, Scoop, and Rak ... sounds like the sarting 5.

Not real interesting because that is what I expected. The tweet I found most interesting is that he saw a lot of good players bu no stars. I think we kind of expected that too because we may not have that stud that can put the team on his back. That will be the teams biggest weakness this year.

Not real interesting because that is what I expected. The tweet I found most interesting is that he saw a lot of good players bu no stars. I think we kind of expected that too because we may not have that stud that can put the team on his back. That will be the teams biggest weakness this year.
If it's not Kris, then we won't have 'that guy', IMO. Kris needs to step up. It remains to be seen if he has it in him.

OK ... i gotta getin on this anyway. The way I read it was: Melo took a charge on Waiters. It was Waiters 4 charge during practice (probably why he was pissy when JB teased him). Either one could have made the bad outlet pass ... and yes, Waiters can make an outlet pass ... ie, He grabs a rebound sees Scoop up court and tries passing to him ... oops. (But I'm going to guess it was Melo who threw the bad pass)

Hard to say yet since no games have been played to see if someone developed into that go to guy/ star player. I believe someone makes the big leap in their game.

Crimpy ... it's what only the 2nd or 3rd practice. And ... why should we be concerned about having a superstar anyway ... when we would rather have a cohesive team of extremely good, top-tier players. Its not one "great" person that wins games ... its a team of good ones who win the games (ok,ok,... and then there was Kemba Walker ... )

That stuck out to me too. But I almost found it as a compliment in a way. I mean how many true great players can we name this year? I can only count 1, Sullinger and that's it. But there are a lot of players that could be great ie: Joseph, Barnes, Mcadoo, Davis, Lamb etc. But to be honest, I would rather have a lot of good players than 1 great player on a team.

Is this year's team the 96 team without a John Wallace-type? I think so. I believe we are heading for another Sweet 16...anything more than that is gravy.

Is this year's team the 96 team without a John Wallace-type? I think so. I believe we are heading for another Sweet 16...anything more than that is gravy.
Luck and experience after the sweet 16.

We don't have much of the luck, but we got a boatload of experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom