Seth Greenburg said it best | Syracusefan.com

Seth Greenburg said it best

Cuse House

All American
"If you take Chris McC after this year, you are making a bad investment". He's not a top 2 player on a 7-4 team. Sad, but true. I anointed him after the first few games but seeing more of him, he just is not ready. Draft him on potential right now and he will be out of the league in a couple years.

Cuse House said:
"If you take Chris McC after this year, you are making a bad investment". He's not a top 2 player on a 7-4 team. Sad, but true. I anointed him after the first few games but seeing more of him, he just is not ready. Draft him on potential right now and he will be out of the league in a couple years.

Grant wasn't a top two player last year and he was drafted, Fair wasn't.

Why would he be out of the league in two years? You have zero idea on how he's going to progress. That's just dumb.

Grant wasn't a top two player last year and he was drafted, Fair wasn't.

Why would he be out of the league in two years? You have zero idea on how he's going to progress. That's just dumb.

I don't get it why you guys put so much on his name coming in? He was supposed to be a stud! I get that, but when push comes to shove he has not produced. He can't make layups so how is he a lottery pick? You guys must know something about basketball that I don't.

Cuse House said:
I don't get it why you guys put so much on his name coming in? He was supposed to be a stud! I get that, but when push comes to shove he has not produced. He can't make layups so how is he a lottery pick? You guys must know something about basketball that I don't.

I'm asking you if he did leave after this season, why would he be out of the league in 2 years? It honestly doesn't seem like you put much thought into that comment.

I'm asking you if he did leave after this season, why would he be out of the league in 2 years? It honestly doesn't seem like you put much thought into that comment.

I am inferring based off of the norm with guys leaving early. Usually when guys go to the league before they are ready they end up in the D-league in their first season and most don't recover. Not much thought needed when that's what happens.

Cuse House said:
I am inferring based off of the norm with guys leaving early. Usually when guys go to the league before they are ready they end up in the D-league in their first season and most don't recover. Not much thought needed when that's what happens.

That's the norm? Fab Melo was out of shape and lazy, that's why it happened to him.

Who else did it happen to? You're predicting that Tyler Ennis is going to be out of the league in two years then?

Where do you think 4 year player and lottery pick Adrian Payne is playing right now?

Obviously I want Chris to succeed, I just don't see him going to the NBA after this year and being the type of player we all believe he can be.

Cuse House said:
Obviously I want Chris to succeed, I just don't see him going to the NBA after this year and being the type of player we all believe he can be.

Well that's the problem, it's not about going when you're ready or at your best, it's about going when your value is at it's highest. I do agree though, if McCullough plays the way he's been playing the past few games all year, no way he should go. He gets back to beginning season form then he probably should.

That's the norm? Fab Melo was out of shape and lazy, that's why it happened to him.

Who else did it happen to? You're predicting that Tyler Ennis is going to be out of the league in two years then?

Where do you think 4 year player and lottery pick Adrian Payne is playing right now?

All I am saying is three lottery picks from last year are currently in the D-league (Vonleh, Ennis, Warren). At this point I don't even believe Chris will be a lottery pick. What I am saying is if you aren't ready and go early even when you are full of potential, many times you just don't make it. It's the cold truth of the NBA, they don't really wait for guys to develop which makes no sense but that is what happens. Sure he can go now and be drafted high and make more money but the second contract matter more in the NBA.

didn't sound too keen on ennis's decision either.

edit :
(i believe lottery picks are only the first 14 selections and vonleh and warren are both coming off injuries.)

Last edited:
Another poor game from Chris. Looks like he will be back next season.

Chris was studly the first few games and very quiet in recent games. I don't think we know enough about him yet to say whether he is gonzo or not. Also remember that none of this matters. A solid stretch of games in ACC play combined with some signature moment in a big game is enough to get a player drafted these days. We haven't seen anything that matters yet in his draft stock.

HoustonCuse said:
Chris was studly the first few games and very quiet in recent games. I don't think we know enough about him yet to say whether he is gonzo or not. Also remember that none of this matters. A solid stretch of games in ACC play combined with some signature moment in a big game is enough to get a player drafted these days. We haven't seen anything that matters yet in his draft stock.

Even if he does get drafted, he'll go straight to the D League. And he'll be there for the entire year.

We've been down this road before, but Chris will wind up playing in Europe if he leaves this year.

OttoinGrotto said:
JB is playing a risky game I think. I think he's messed with McCullough's head. Hope it will be worth it. I think McCullough is gone anyway.

Gone to Europe after a year in the D League.

I hate these threads. What's wrong with playing in Europe for 10 years and making six figures to play the game..or should he stay 4 years and get a Child and Family Studies degree so he can work at the Boys Club for 30k per year?

Some people on this board should ask Rosie Bouie if you can make a successful career without playing in the NBA?

Full_Rebar said:
I hate these threads. What's wrong with playing in Europe for 10 years and making six figures to play the game..or should he stay 4 years and get a Child and Family Studies degree so he can work at the Boys Club for 30k per year? Some people on this board should ask Rosie Bouie if you can make a successful career without playing in the NBA?

I don't think playing in Europe was his goal.

Not for SU's best recruit since Carmelo.

OttoinGrotto said:
That would assume he's not a first round pick.

God bless the team that drafts him in the first round this year.

JB is playing a risky game I think. I think he's messed with McCullough's head. Hope it will be worth it.

I think McCullough is gone anyway.

i agree with this. I think Jim took the wrong approach with McC. Hes been right 99% of the time with his motivational techniques... but he slammed Chris over and over at a pretty high rate. He can throw as many jabs at McC as he wants, the kid is going pro after this year.

He is a first rounder regardless of what stats he puts up. such is life.

i agree with this. I think Jim took the wrong approach with McC. Hes been right 99% of the time with his motivational techniques... but he slammed Chris over and over at a pretty high rate. He can throw as many jabs at McC as he wants, the kid is going pro after this year.

He is a first rounder regardless of what stats he puts up. such is life.

JB was really hard on Silent G and he's playing his best ball, same with TR.

I don't think playing in Europe was his goal.

Not for SU's best recruit since Carmelo.

His goal was to make a career playing basketball. I'm sure it is in the NBA, but to say he'd be a failure if he played in Europe or China, or England is crazy. He's two months into his college career and he's a future bust?