Seton Hall coach Willard suspended | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Seton Hall coach Willard suspended

I wonder if shu hasnt been playing him at all because they are worried about him being declared ineligible and they’ll have wins taken away that he played in.
That was exactly my thought, too.

Thompson isn’t even a star. Gives you an idea of what the Hall is doing to secure other recruits. Really shady. I’ll be looking at the Pirates through new glasses from now on.

Annnnnnd they get a a mild slap on the wrist and St Peter's head coach gets a longer suspension then Willard gets. What a joke

Interesting. What an interesting web. So I guess adult relations between an assistant coach and a recruits mom don't qualify as a violation too? Sure looks like that was part of the equation. Conveniently Holloway moved on to St Peters.

And note the comment about the things they were talking about.. umm yeah I call bs. Rekindled hardly refers to talking about the weather and bad knees.

Interesting. So Seton Hall denied it, and declared no wrong doing. Then an anonymous person within the last couple weeks tells the story and the NCAA investigation starts. Seton Hall appeals and loses. Seton Hall appeals again and loses again. Nice.
You got the timeline wrong. The anonymous tipster wasn’t within the last couple of weeks, it came in Nov 2017. So two years ago, two months after TT transferred. Per article:
“Then, in November 2017, an unnamed person contacted the NCAA to say the Seton Hall staff had tampered with Thompson. That started an NCAA investigation in which the NCAA asked for telephone records. Those records revealed numerous phone conversations between Holloway and Piper.”

Another poster here (was that you?) mentioned that Chris Mullin tipped off JB about Thompson’s mom getting in contact with their staff to inquire about Taurean transferring there.

Man, Willard and Holloway are such slimeballs.

Last edited:
You got the timeline wrong. The anonymous tipster wasn’t within the last couple of weeks, it came in Nov 2017. So two years ago, two months after he transferred. Per article:
“Then, in November 2017, an unnamed person contacted the NCAA to say the Seton Hall staff had tampered with Thompson. That started an NCAA investigation in which the NCAA asked for telephone records. Those records revealed numerous phone conversations between Holloway and Piper.”

Ah that makes a lot more sense. Thx!

Interesting. What an interesting web. So I guess adult relations between an assistant coach and a recruits mom don't qualify as a violation too? Sure looks like that was part of the equation. Conveniently Holloway moved on to St Peters.

And note the comment about the things they were talking about.. umm yeah I call bs. Rekindled hardly refers to talking about the weather and bad knees.

agree. sure seems like ms piper was getting piped.

Shaheen Holloway IIRC was seriously interested in coming to Cuse as a player but changed his mind late to Seton Hall.

I don't think you'll see Cuse play Seton Hall again until Willard and Holloway are fired or moved on.

Shaheen Holloway IIRC was seriously interested in coming to Cuse as a player but changed his mind late to Seton Hall.

I don't think you'll see Cuse play Seton Hall again until Willard and Holloway are fired or moved on.

Holloway has already moved on to the head job at St Peters but yeah, you are right about not playing while Willard is still there. Dad Ralph was on JB's staff in the 80s. Wonder what he thinks of the whole thing.

Holloway has already moved on to the head job at St Peters but yeah, you are right about not playing while Willard is still there. Dad Ralph was on JB's staff in the 80s. Wonder what he thinks of the whole thing.
Ralph is close friends with Pitino who KW learned under. KW was Pirino's version of Mike Hopkins. So Pop Wiilard probably has no issue with what his son did. I've met Shaheen a few times and actually liked him as he is very engaging but Kevin Willard is one of the scumiest people I have ever personally met.

As much as I despise Willard, I hope they beat Yukon by 50 tonight.

As much as I despise Willard, I hope they beat Yukon by 50 tonight.
I'm not sure what schedule you're looking at, but Seton Hall and UConn don't play each other tonight. Or this season.
1575595461075.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom