Seton Hall had to hire Whitehead's coach Tiny Morton | Syracusefan.com

Seton Hall had to hire Whitehead's coach Tiny Morton

2-3zone

2nd String
Now we know why a 5 star top 35 player is going to Seton Hall of all places

Kevin Willard trying everything to save his job, I'm just glad SU doesn't have to go down that road to get top players to come to SU

Some might say that SU did that by hiring Weaver to get Carmelo.

I love how everyone else is evil and crooked and we're lily white and pure.

"Sour grapes" is right. The kid had Seton Hall on his list from the beginning, no? If he thinks having 'comfort' with a familiar coach nearby is the deciding factor in a career decision, so be it. 17-year olds aren't known for making the best and most logical choices. But, heckfire — Georgetown and Nova kids have the same speculative discussions about us when we pluck players out of DC/Balt and Philly.

For what it's worth, any player who doesn't want to wear orange is a player i no longer give a single Ef about. Certainly not enough to hate/bash/meanmouth him.

I love how everyone else is evil and crooked and we're lily white and pure.

"Sour grapes" is right. The kid had Seton Hall on his list from the beginning, no? If he thinks having 'comfort' with a familiar coach nearby is the deciding factor in a career decision, so be it. 17-year olds aren't known for making the best and most logical choices. But, heckfire — Georgetown and Nova kids have the same speculative discussions about us when we pluck players out of DC/Balt and Philly.

For what it's worth, any player who doesn't want to wear orange is a player i no longer give a single Ef about. Certainly not enough to hate/bash/meanmouth him.
This was a Hollyweird recruitment especially the last 2 months of it.

It is Danny Manning all over again. If the NCAA did not question that, they will never question one of these "package deals."

It is Danny Manning all over again. If the NCAA did not question that, they will never question one of these "package deals."
cto, if you get the chance. tell your friend fishy that we are not under investigation from the NCAA. He is spewing lies on the boneyard. I understand that UConn is feeling the depression of becoming a second rate hoop player but no need to spread lies. It smells of desperation.

cto, if you get the chance. tell your friend fishy that we are not under investigation from the NCAA. He is spewing lies on the boneyard. I understand that UConn is feeling the depression of becoming a second rate hoop player but no need to spread lies. It smells of desperation.

Honest question... We're not under investigation? I thought there was something ongoing?

Honest question... We're not under investigation? I thought there was something ongoing?
Just Yahoo's annual March Madness article saying we are under investigation. Then we never hear another peep... until the next March... when Yahoo runs the same article

Good for Seton Hall. They wanted to become a player and they made some nice moves. Guess what were now talking about Seton freaking Hall. I posted this in another thread, but Morton is more then just Whitehead's coach, he is a respected, well connected NYC coach. Obviously Seton Hall is looking to make a splash recruiting NYC kids with the hire of Morton, and before that Oliver Antigua, who delivered them Angel Delgado. These guys have connections to the area they want to recruit. Why wouldn't he do it?

I just told him. His response was ... If that is so , why doesn't SU issue a denial? My response to him: "the NCAA has not said anything for us to deny. Most organizations do not issue denials regarding spec stories by some internet site."

Good for Seton Hall. They wanted to become a player and they made some nice moves. Guess what were now talking about Seton freaking Hall. I posted this in another thread, but Morton is more then just Whitehead's coach, he is a respected, well connected NYC coach. Obviously Seton Hall is looking to make a splash recruiting NYC kids with the hire of Morton, and before that Oliver Antigua, who delivered them Angel Delgado. These guys have connections to the area they want to recruit. Why wouldn't he do it?
Last time they made the tourney was with a class act in Louis Orr, then they got rid of him. Freaking morons, Orr's the man!

Last time they made the tourney was with a class act in Louis Orr, then they got rid of him. Freaking morons, Orr's the man!

i'm not doubting that, i just understand the move they made. hell i'd like to see syracuse football hire a well respected, highly connected, football coach from the downstate/nj/md area.

I just told him. His response was ... If that is so , why doesn't SU issue a denial? My response to him: "the NCAA has not said anything for us to deny. Most organizations do not issue denials regarding spec stories by some internet site."
thank you

If they want to continue with their silly revenge p0rn fantasies then have at it. Must be hell being auconn fan days

Some might say that SU did that by hiring Weaver to get Carmelo.

Yeah, but where's Weaver now? The man was more than qualified for the job. Now he's one of the most respected front office people in the NBA. Plus, he was here long after Carmelo left. In most of these "package hires" the coach is gone almost immediately after the kid leaves.

Sorry to the conspiracy theorists. Weaver was not a package hire.

Seton Hall should be investigated. HELLOOOOOOOO NCAA?! They are just daring you!!!

Yeah, but where's Weaver now? The man was more than qualified for the job. Now he's one of the most respected front office people in the NBA. Plus, he was here long after Carmelo left. In most of these "package hires" the coach is gone almost immediately after the kid leaves.

Sorry to the conspiracy theorists. Weaver was not a package hire.

Seton Hall should be investigated. HELLOOOOOOOO NCAA?! They are just daring you!!!

He hasn't coached since.

Weaver wasn't a package hire (the timeline doesn't even match up), but he sure wasn't brought on for his coaching abilities.

My mistake on the timing of Weaver's hiring. I just remember his affiliation with the AAU program...anyway, I don't fault Seton Hall for going this route. It's the way the game is played now.

sorry if I missed this but does this mean seton halls backcourt will be Whitehead and Aquille Carr?
Is Carr still elgible after the assualt, attempted murder whatever it was?