SETON HALL JOBBED! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SETON HALL JOBBED!

But the Arkansas player apeared to travel on the inbound? Or am I dreaming?

Not dreaming. It was one sided all game. Seton Hall versus UNC would have been great. Now, UNC gets to walk to the next weekend. Not surpising when the game is in SC because it couldn't be in NC. It's obvious what happened if you watched the whole game.

Not dreaming. It was one sided all game. Seton Hall versus UNC would have been great. Now, UNC gets to walk to the next weekend. Not surpising when the game is in SC because it couldn't be in NC. It's obvious what happened if you watched the whole game.

I could never be an official. How do you DO that? Get under the hood, look at the replay..."Oh, Geez, that guy clearly traveled on the in-bounds, a play after we called a big travle on the other team...WOW, that's a big play. Eh, off it, he didn't perfectly act out a late-game 'go for the ball' foul, let's bang him with a Technical and end the game"

I could never do that I'd be embarrassed and borderline hate myself for having done that to other people.

I admire referees for putting themselves on the line, I couldn't do it. But it does take some kind of sociopath to make that decision. After a travel you missed. Call that. CRAZY.

Those free throws are a bit tougher when you don't have the luxury of knowing you're getting possession afterward. And I think Arkansas still may have been in the one and one there, too.

Fair point but flip side is I've always thought it's harder to shoot FTs when everybody is behind you, which was the case with Barford. He looked pretty good at the line and is a 75% shooter.

My point was also that reading this thread you'd think SH was up 1 prior to the play. It was going to be an uphill climb either way. I thought the key play was when SH was stripped and it led to an Ark breakaway. That was the play that sealed their fate.

Last edited:
I could never be an official. How do you DO that? Get under the hood, look at the replay..."Oh, Geez, that guy clearly traveled on the in-bounds, a play after we called a big travle on the other team...WOW, that's a big play. Eh, off it, he didn't perfectly act out a late-game 'go for the ball' foul, let's bang him with a Technical and end the game"

I could never do that I'd be embarrassed and borderline hate myself for having done that to other people.

I admire referees for putting themselves on the line, I couldn't do it. But it does take some kind of sociopath to make that decision. After a travel you missed. Call that. CRAZY.

They don't care. It's like being a tenured professor. No worries if they are terrible. Plus, it seems that they, like professors, have a biased opinion.

Dayton got screwed, so that it will be UK/WSU again. Seton Hall got screwed because Arkansas has no chance. UNC is big, and Seton Hall is one of the few that can stack up against them.

This is basketball entertainment, like WWE. Not actual competition. It's sad.

Fair point but flip side is I've always thought it's harder to shoot FTs when everybody is behind you, which was the case with Barford. He looked pretty good at the line and is a 75% shooter.

My point was also that reading this thread you'd think SH was up 1 prior to the play. It was going to be an uphill climb either way. I thought the key play was when SH was stripped and it led to an Ark breakaway. That was the play that sealed their fate.
Oh I know, they really let the game slip away with their sloppy play before that call. Still hated to see that call seal their fate.

From the ny times:

Twenty-eight years ago, Seton Hall fans were also aggrieved by a late call, and the stakes were even higher. In the N.C.A.A. championship game, Michigan trailed Seton Hall by 1 in overtime and looked for a game-winning bucket. But before they took the shot, Gerald Greene was called for a foul on Rumeal Robinson. He made both free throws, and Michigan won. Seton Hall has not been back to the Final Four since.

I like consistency. By the rules, that's a flagrant. (So was Battle's and-one the other night when the defender shoved him in the hip.) But it's tough to swallow when 99% of those plays are called common fouls.

Tim Higgins got us with one of those 15 or 20 years ago. Still burns me. Either the intentional foul parade at the end of games is called by the rules or it's not. But it can't be capricious (like so much of officiating).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom