SETON HALL JOBBED! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SETON HALL JOBBED!

The travel was a travel, but there were multiple travels during the game. As per the usual. To call it there when it was a pass is insane. You wanna call it there, call it all game. The refs went backwards on this one. Instead of holding their whistle, and letting the kids dictate at the end, they dictated who won.

I wonder why...hmmmmm. NJ vs. Arky in SC. Seton Hall could have battled UNC. Arkansas will get absolutely smoked. Maybe that's why. Can't have UNC lose.

If an attempt on the ball is the rule, then they need to call flagrant ones at the end of damn near every game when a team is down. Hack a Shaq should be a flagrant every time. It was BS, and everyone knows it. Screw the rulebook, when it's never used properly.

Crean_Meme.png

OrangeDW

He reached in for the ball. It may have been symbolic, but he gave the standard end-of-game desperation reach-in foul to stop the clock. The Seton Hall guy on the other hand just collided with the ballhandler.

Arkansas kid traveled on the very next possession. No call.

I've seen so many missed travel calls today!

Late in the Michigan game the Robinson kid almost traveled once, may have dragged his pivot foot on the catch, before the foul. No replay though, so I'm not sure and won't gripe about it at all.

The second one though - the travel was so insanely blatant. How could three refs not call it? He clearly took two full steps on the catch well before the "intentional" foul.

I agree with the announcer on the Seton Hall game, no flagrant. I mean, if they called it in full speed, fine. Leave it a flagrant, but if you go to the monitor, leave it alone. There was clearly a HUGE dive, that alone would make me not call it. All these fouls are intentional anyway...

He reached in for the ball. It may have been symbolic, but he gave the standard end-of-game desperation reach-in foul to stop the clock. The Seton Hall guy on the other hand just collided with the ballhandler.
"Symbolic" reaching for the ball...
upload_2017-3-17_16-26-46.png

Seton Hall wasn't symbolic enough with their late-game intentional unintentional foul. :)

If an attempt on the ball is the rule, then they need to call flagrant ones at the end of damn near every game when a team is down. Hack a Shaq should be a flagrant every time. It was BS, and everyone knows it. Screw the rulebook, when it's never used properly.

Hack a Shaq is an NBA thing . You can be much more physical in fouling there and they don't call it intentional

They rarely make a play on the ball with end of game fouls. How many times do you see a guy hug a guy, grab a jersey, give a push from the back, side wherever at the end of games? SHU kid was booking down the court just to catch the kid, their feet got caught up - no intention at all to trip, knock him over etc. I don't know if just touching the kid in the back would have gotten a call. SHU could have still lost but sad that a call definitely decided it.

Didn't like the call but Seton Hall dug their own grave by making 3 bad turn overs in the last 2:30. Can't win a close game when you make so many bonehead plays down the stretch. Carrington gets pick pocketed then a couple possessions later he travels when he gets doubled.

Terrible call. According to the rule book, it is an intentional foul, but the call is rarely made. It's like the neighborhood call at second base on double plays. To make that call with the outcome in the balance takes the game away from the players --exactly what referees shouldn't do.

My guess is that the ref originally thought that the push was enough to knock over the opposing player. They should have caught the unintentional trip unrelated to the foul when they reviewed the play, and the acting job as the guy went down.

By the rule, it was the right call, he never made a play on the ball.
Come on, many guys giving fouls at the end of game make no play on the ball and that call is never made like it was today. If that same call is made against SU at the end of an NCAAT game, you'd bring down the Internet with your posts.

Come on, many guys giving fouls at the end of game make no play on the ball and that call is never made like it was today. If that same call is made against SU at the end of an NCAAT game, you'd bring down the Internet with your posts.

And if we were on the other end and it wasn't called a flagrant one, there would be an uprising on here.

They rarely make a play on the ball with end of game fouls. How many times do you see a guy hug a guy, grab a jersey, give a push from the back, side wherever at the end of games? SHU kid was booking down the court just to catch the kid, their feet got caught up - no intention at all to trip, knock him over etc. I don't know if just touching the kid in the back would have gotten a call. SHU could have still lost but sad that a call definitely decided it.

You're 100% correct. Chris Webber during the color commentary stated this. Basically, stating everyone knows that you aren't making a play on the ball in those waning moments when everyone knows that they have to foul to stand any chance. I guess it just comes down to teaching your players in those situations (as long as that F1 rule reads as it does) not to foul in such a way it allows the refs to interpret/enforce that rule as it literally reads in those critical moments.

And if we were on the other end and it wasn't called a flagrant one, there would be an uprising on here.
Baloney. I'll bet even 75%+ of the Arkansas players, coaches and fans would tell you that was the wrong call today.

The guy never made a play on the ball, it was the right call, he just shoved him.

If you read the Flagerent foul 1 rule that CBS put up the last part says "to try to prevent from scoring"... that push in back did not try the opposing team from scoring. If anything it gave USC the oppurtunity to score

Seton Hall is playing for the last shot, which could win it, (and help my bracket). They guy is under pressure by the defense and does the Ali shuffle. Then, at the other end, a guy trying to foul comes up from behind with the ball on the other side of the player he's fouling and shoves him in the back. Ugh and double ugh.

Just like how the board would explore if that play lost an NCAA game for us.

I am NEVER in favor of a call that could go either way and essentially takes the outcome of a game out of the hands of the players.

That is exactly what that call did.

Disgusting.

No doubt a questionable call particularly late when we know the intent. But Rodriguez did a poor job there as he clearly followed through on the push. The Arkansas player may have embellished a little bit but he was gonna hit the deck with that push. SH was gonna be down three with :17 to goeven if they had the ball. They certainly would have had a chance but the odds were stacked against them even if there was no flagrant foul.

No doubt a questionable call particularly late when we know the intent. But Rodriguez did a poor job there as he clearly followed through on the push. The Arkansas player may have embellished a little bit but he was gonna hit the deck with that push. SH was gonna be down three with :17 to goeven if they had the ball. They certainly would have had a chance but the odds were stacked against them even if there was no flagrant foul.
Those free throws are a bit tougher when you don't have the luxury of knowing you're getting possession afterward. And I think Arkansas still may have been in the one and one there, too.

I am NEVER in favor of a call that could go either way and essentially takes the outcome of a game out of the hands of the players.

That is exactly what that call did.

Disgusting.

It was blatant. It was a mistake by the player and he had to pay the price for doing it. I don't understand the outrage.

If that happened to our player we'd be going nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom