Seven BE locks... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Seven BE locks...

The only thing that is going to determine how many bids the BE gets is who ends up winning 4-5 conference tournaments. If the right teams win (Murray ST, Creighton, Wichita St, Long Beach) then there will be more spots for at large teams. It all will come down to how many spots are available. If there are 4-5 "extra spots" because there are no bid stealers then yes I think the BE will get 8-10 teams. If there are 4-5 bid stealers then they probably get 7-8 max.

Really has little to do with who is most deserving. That all is decided IF there are spots. If there are no spots then these teams are SOL regardless of what happens.

I pretty much agree with that. I would add Iona and VCU as possibilities to that list. I also tend to think that some of the other power conference bubble teams will edge out the BE bubble teams. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And another thing, so a lot of Big East schools went out early

mind telling me what conference the only team left standing belonged in?

Of course with 11 of the top 40 seeds one would expect some kind of success. UConn got it done, no doubt. But that was just some deodorizer that helped lessen the stench.

I'm willing to do the wager as outlined above.

I think you may be a little kind to the Big 12. Texas is still very much on the bubble. And yeah, it would be almost impossible for the Pac-10 to get 4 teams in again.

I really don't think the committee looks too much at last year. A lot of BE teams went out early last year; that's true. But I don't think it will weigh on them too much this year, and I will put my money where my mouth is.

Got your email and we're all set. thanks.

I pretty much agree with that. I would add Iona and VCU as possibilities to that list. I also tend to think that some of the other power conference bubble teams will edge out the BE bubble teams. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
BPO how about a gentlemen's wager. $20 straight up. I win if BE gets 9 or 10 teams, you in if BE gets 7 or 8. Or, if you're in the Syracuse area let's make it a 12-pack of something nice.

Of course with 11 of the top 40 seeds one would expect some kind of success. UConn got it done, no doubt. But that was just some deodorizer that helped lessen the stench.

only one team wins, so even if the sweet 16 had all 11 BE teams would it really matter?

BPO how about a gentlemen's wager. $20 straight up. I win if BE gets 9 or 10 teams, you in if BE gets 7 or 8. Or, if you're in the Syracuse area let's make it a 12-pack of something nice.

You got it, East Coast. Sounds good.

So then if UK wins it all that will mean the SEC is a great conference?

no if the 10th place SEC team wins the NCAA tournament it would mean the SEC is the best conference

plus only the ACC had more than 2 teams in the sweet 16 last year (Duke, UNC, F-st) so its not like another conference straight up dominated.

Even if the other nine fall flat on their face?

if the other ones dominated the college landscape for the entirety of the season and had some bad matchups, not to mention to fatigue that comes from a conference season long grind then yes.

Plus had SU and Cinci not fallen victims to other BE teams based on matchups you could have had potentially 4 in the sweet 16, which would have been 25% of the field.

11/68 = 16% of teams
2/16 = 12.5% of teams

its not like it was dramatically different than expectations statistically should have been, and take it to 1/8 = 12.5, 1/4= 25%, and 1/2 =50% and the tournament kind of worked out the way it should have stat wise

I think it would be hilarious and awesome to see 7 BE teams make the S16 this season.

no if the 10th place SEC team wins the NCAA tournament it would mean the SEC is the best conference

But what if the 10th place SEC teams wins the SEC tourney (like UConn did last year in the BE)?

if the other ones dominated the college landscape for the entirety of the season and had some bad matchups, not to mention to fatigue that comes from a conference season long grind then yes.

Plus had SU and Cinci not fallen victims to other BE teams based on matchups you could have had potentially 4 in the sweet 16, which would have been 25% of the field.

11/68 = 16% of teams
2/16 = 12.5% of teams

its not like it was dramatically different than expectations statistically should have been, and take it to 1/8 = 12.5, 1/4= 25%, and 1/2 =50% and the tournament kind of worked out the way it should have stat wise

Valid excuses as far as they go. I think when you have several teams losing to much lower seeds then you have underperformed expectations.

can i get in on that? :D i dont think big east gets more than 8.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom