Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 going to be a real interesting class
interesting-gif.gif

Look didn’t mean to get everyone riled up. I think we take more guys than we think possible and we are hammering the recruiting trail...

Man, we need him - we have shooters and we need athleticsm, you can never have enough of that intangible. He is that player that will get the dome absolutely rocking when he posterizes someone, we have not really had someone like that since fair/grant?(no disrespect to players like battle, etc) The amount of times he’s been on campus is a good sign.

Man, we need him - we have shooters and we need athleticsm, you can never have enough of that intangible. He is that player that will get the dome absolutely rocking when he posterizes someone, we have not really had someone like that since fair/grant?(no disrespect to players like battle, etc) The amount of times he’s been on campus is a good sign.

I would say Gbinije or Lydon but......I saw more back iron clangs than I ever remember in my life. Going up strong then doooooooonnnnnnng

Yeah he’s someone to listen to for sure. I’m going to keep quiet here for fear of sufan44 blowing me up again...but...

@ me, bro.

(Joke)

Seriously, I respect your posts. I respect everyone's posts. And I don't question that anyone has sources...

But when it goes from "this one is as good as locked up" to "if it's done early, we have nothing to worry about, but if it's not"... then that's where I question things and have concerns.

And my concerns aren't directed at any individuals -- my concerns are directed at the coaching staff and the ability to get elite level recruits to commit lately. Hoping things will change with this class.

@ me, bro.

(Joke)

Seriously, I respect your posts. I respect everyone's posts. And I don't question that anyone has sources...

But when it goes from "this one is as good as locked up" to "if it's done early, we have nothing to worry about, but if it's not"... then that's where I question things and have concerns.

And my concerns aren't directed at any individuals -- my concerns are directed at the coaching staff and the ability to get elite level recruits to commit lately. Hoping things will change with this class.
You do realize things change FAST witg recruiting, right?
That sometimes where a player likes the most, isnt necessarily where they end up due to handlers, rotations etc. For instance, Akok...UCONN was not his preferred place that HE wanted to go

You do realize things change FAST witg recruiting, right?
That sometimes where a player likes the most, isnt necessarily where they end up due to handlers, rotations etc. For instance, Akok...UCONN was not his preferred place that HE wanted to go

I do get this - however, I also know we have lost more of these battles over the last 5 years without having backup plans than before. And our roster has had a lack of talent compared to other programs that are historically beneath us.

Can pretty much count this kid toward our class right now.

Actually had a couple convos this weekend and from what I was told the staff feels really good about a couple kids that are plan A guys in their recruiting board. Andre is one (obviously) and they are feeling pretty confident with Newton as well.

Can pretty much count this kid toward our class right now.

Actually had a couple convos this weekend and from what I was told the staff feels really good about a couple kids that are plan A guys in their recruiting board. Andre is one (obviously) and they are feeling pretty confident with Newton as well.
Creeping on andre's IG earlier seemed promising to me. Besides two slight outliers he was following all cuse commits for this coming up season. And none that I saw from other schools. But great to hear this from you!

Yes. In our most successful stretches, we could out athlete almost everybody. We’d almost always get more dunks than our opponent, more blocks, more easy hoops, and had guys that could get buckets in unsettled situations. We need this guy, IMO. We should have plenty of shooters.

Hes taken an ov to iowa, now cuse. Anywhere else? Not sure why anyone wouldnt take some free visits if they have the time.

I do get this - however, I also know we have lost more of these battles over the last 5 years without having backup plans than before. And our roster has had a lack of talent compared to other programs that are historically beneath us.

We seem to be on top of 3 or 4 high quality forwards, and a center and a guard, which we arguably don't even need. So it seems like we are covering our bases more this time.

Hes taken an ov to iowa, now cuse. Anywhere else? Not sure why anyone wouldnt take some free visits if they have the time.

One thing about Iowa - their assistant who was the main east coast recruiter recently joined the California coaching staff. Not sure if he was the lead on Andre or not, but I assume so. Obviously McCaffery is no stranger to the east from his time at Siena, but the assistant leaving might help us a little.

@ me, bro.

(Joke)

I didn't chuckle. Your 2nd paragraph sounds like a lack of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom