Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last guy who improved his shooting at SU? Gbinije? It really is like catching lightning in a bottle.

I think our issue is as much generating open looks as it is finding good shooters. I think guys actually do improve at times -- as has been pointed out both Frank and Marek looked better this year. But to go from a terrible shooter to a good one? That's tough.

The catch-22 is, the shooting concern is what may keep the bigger fish away, but if he doesn't develop the shot he won't help us beat the bigger fish.

I'll play devil's advocate here: What we know we have in full, is shooting -- Hughes (2 more years?), Buddy (3 more years?), JGIII (feels like a guy who could be a 4-year guy ... maybe I'm wrong), Goodine (a lot of talent but I'd be surprised if we didn't have him at least 2 years), Guerrier (maybe only 1 year, but if he's back, 2). Even the bigs coming in can shoot a little.

What we don't have? A single player that can break someone down off the dribble.

Maybe they see Jackson as a partially flawed but important piece to the overall team picture with his ability to get to the basket.

What we'd all -- JB included -- like to see? A quicker pace and more offense in unsettled situations. I would say several guys can help with this but Jackson would be an animal in this regard.

Getting do-it-all guys is great, but Jackson's ability should be a nice asset from day 1 if we can get him. IMO.

Who was the last guy who improved his shooting at SU? Gbinije? It really is like catching lightning in a bottle.
buddy

But but respected uconn boneyarders already gave the ;) meaning it's over and wrapped up for them! Done deal. I think this kid wants to play close to home like JG3 and we have been on him for a long time. Let's close this one JB! I want to see his high flying dunks and running the court in the Dome! Very exciting player!

If he leaves campus without committing are we concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom