Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been in the drivers seat for every recruit according to them

This. I have no idea if Jackson will end up here and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Uconn (Akok didn't) but the give them same rhetoric for pretty much every recruit as you noted. Even when it was clear that one kid who went to Illinois wasn't coming there, their inside guys (the one who refers to himself in the third person, freeking weirdo), kept saying all was well and he would ultimately end up at Uconn. Its the Bizarro world over there, you would think you were reading Duke or Kentucky's board.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of bluffs, smoke blowing and rumors throughout this recruitment. From my understanding we are still in good shape here. If he makes it up at the end of this month without scheduling any other visits I’d put the commitment odds at pretty damn near 100%.

He’s enjoying the process that’s for sure, and nothing wrong with that.

Jackson released his top 5 today and is planning to visit Cuse by the end of the month...all you need to know. All the UCONN stuff is the UCONN coaches blowing smoke and starting rumors to pressure the kid into committing there, that’s not made up, that’s real life, a real basketball program is doing that and it worked with Akok.
What are the rumors they’re starting?

I dont want to speak for cuseman, but what i believe he is referring to is the false rumor that uconn still has a relevant mens basketball team.
Lol not far off! But once again from my understanding and what I’ve been told. Hurley and his staff leak info on purpose saying they are in the “drivers seat” or the “favorite” to land a kid. Some times they know they aren’t the favorite but try to pressure the kid, other times they do it so other recruits see they are the “favorite” so they consider UCONN more seriously. This is something Hurley legimately does as a recruiting tactic. I don’t know why they think it’s a good idea but to each their own.

Lol not far off! But once again from my understanding and what I’ve been told. Hurley and his staff leak info on purpose saying they are in the “drivers seat” or the “favorite” to land a kid. Some times they know they aren’t the favorite but try to pressure the kid, other times they do it so other recruits see they are the “favorite” so they consider UCONN more seriously. This is something Hurley legimately does as a recruiting tactic. I don’t know why they think it’s a good idea but to each their own.

I like this better than the “they’re hiring his dad” narrative.

I am more worried about UCLA than UConn. He had very positive comments about his visit out west. I'd hope he would want to stay home so family and friends could make the easy trip from Albany but the appeal of LA, Westwood and Pauley is going to be strong.

I am more worried about UCLA than UConn. He had very positive comments about his visit out west. I'd hope he would want to stay home so family and friends could make the easy trip from Albany but the appeal of LA, Westwood and Pauley is going to be strong.
My friend is good friends with his family. Small world. You would think he would want to stay relatively close to home .

Is there a more delusional fan base?

“Hey Andre! Come to Syracuse! We won’t really develop your skills but you’ll learn how to play our signature zone defense! A few years after graduation you’ll have a chance to be apart of something great! That’s right, you can be apart of Boeheim’s Army! Our fans take great interest in this tournament and you could potentially be that missing piece that team needs in a few years to potentially split one million dollars 15 ways!

All you need to do is sign on that dotted line...”

They're really telling on themselves with this fascination with BA.

Hey guys sorry your former players are all suing the school?

Since 2014 if you combine UConns 1st round picks + NCAA wins I believe the number is 2. That’s a whole lot of irrelevance for 5 years

I am not going to deny that this board has its share of posters who are...out there.

But to a person that board still believes it's the turn of the century. They think that their history is going to win kids over, when they have one? holdover on the staff who had any hand in those titles. They pride themselves as some NBA factory? Their last draft pick was in 2016. Their last first round draft pick was in 2014. Every one of their current NBA guys was recruited by a guy who is now two head coaches removed from the current guy.

They were touting Kevin f#%ing Ollie as some defensive guru right up to the day he was fired.

And that's totally putting to the side that those clowns have had three (!) straight losing seasons. We haven't had a losing season since the damn kennedy administration.

So...probably not the best authorities on what is or is not delusional.

He has done it everywhere he's been. Rothstein used to be his biggest pawn. I believe he has since figured it out (shockingly).

He is the biggest clown in the business and his sideline antics just solidify my stance.

They will quote, insult, bask in their titles and claim they will return to elite as part of the BE until they don't get Jackson, Akok hasn't helped them get back to the tournament and focus inward on their demise. Then back to finding a way to find solace in any of our troubles.

Will be fun watching them become even more of a doormat in the BE. The old BE FAM will return the favor for all the Calhoun era thumpings.

There has been a lot of bluffs, smoke blowing and rumors throughout this recruitment. From my understanding we are still in good shape here. If he makes it up at the end of this month without scheduling any other visits I’d put the commitment odds at pretty damn near 100%.

He’s enjoying the process that’s for sure, and nothing wrong with that.
Yep. If there was a threat it’s UCLA not Yukon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors