Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned about Iowa. Sounds like Andre is best suited for a program that runs the fast break and plays a lot in transition. Sounds like Andre is comfortable with the Iowa HC because of his ties to the Albany region.

Carey is another guy who is going to be so much better playing in transition, playing at a fast pace. I hope and think that this is the year JB opens things up and plays fast again. We have a lot of quick, athletic players and even guys like JG III and BB are comfortable and play well in transition. Our bigs aren't going to be great low post players in a half court setting but they can beat their men down the court. It is their best chance to score.

Jackson would be a great piece for a team that likes to push the pace. The Carrier Dome crowds would go crazy watching an athlete like him finishing on the fast break.
I am concerned about Iowa. Sounds like Andre is best suited for a program that runs the fast break and plays a lot in transition. Sounds like Andre is comfortable with the Iowa HC because of his ties to the Albany region.

Carey is another guy who is going to be so much better playing in transition, playing at a fast pace. I hope and think that this is the year JB opens things up and plays fast again. We have a lot of quick, athletic players and even guys like JG III and BB are comfortable and play well in transition. Our bigs aren't going to be great low post players in a half court setting but they can beat their men down the court. It is their best chance to score.

Jackson would be a great piece for a team that likes to push the pace. The Carrier Dome crowds would go crazy watching an athlete like him finishing on the fast break.
That would be evidence of great coaching, maximizing the talent of the roster you have.

For what it's worth, Albany Academy and the City Rocks have had more kids come to Cuse than Iowa who have had none. Which means nothing but there is history.

SU hired JB to get Bubby.
CAEE9471-ACC1-4B69-975B-9A28D3E89AC6.jpeg

Yes, I would like us to get Andre. Yes, it would be a big disappointment to lose a local kid, especially to uconn.

However, kids have million reasons to make a college choice.

Are there all sorts of recruiting shenanigans going on....yes.

Are we, a school that has been on probation multiple times, whether justified or not, squeaky clean.....probably not.

So my point is that college recruiting is murky at best. I doubt anybody on this forum other than a few really tight insiders knows exactly what we do or don’t do.

What I do know is that I get tired of the sour grapes posts when it appears something is not going our way.

We have a pretty full roster of solid players, none of whom appear to be nba draftable at this point in time. Maybe, it is as simple as Andre does not like his path to pt here.

Yes, I would like us to get Andre. Yes, it would be a big disappointment to lose a local kid, especially to uconn.

However, kids have million reasons to make a college choice.

Are there all sorts of recruiting shenanigans going on...yes.

Are we, a school that has been on probation multiple times, whether justified or not, squeaky clean...probably not.

So my point is that college recruiting is murky at best. I doubt anybody on this forum other than a few really tight insiders knows exactly what we do or don’t do.

What I do know is that I get tired of the sour grapes posts when it appears something is not going our way.

We have a pretty full roster of solid players, none of whom appear to be nba draftable at this point in time. Maybe, it is as simple as Andre does not like his path to pt here.
I agree I hate the sour grapes stuff or acting like a kid isn't good or wanted anymore when he picks another school. I like this kid and want him but I'm not going to trash the kid. Unless he goes to Yukon obviously.

At least two reason why JB is very unlikely to pick up the pace, both of which he's said repeatedly: 1) You can't run if you can't rebound. Barring some miracle we could get killed on the boards all season long; and 2) the opposition gets back too fast on defense so running is much harder. He's got that one carved in stone, as though the team back-pedaling somehow has a huge advantage over the team looking ahead to where they're going. It's well documented that once he gives reasons for why you can't do something he never walks it back.

don't know who it was then, but now it's danny "pocket pool" hurley
I really liked Akok Akok when I thought there was a good chance of him attending Syracuse. Now I wonder how well he will do playing for Hurley/Conn.

I really liked Akok Akok when I thought there was a good chance of him attending Syracuse. Now I wonder how well he will do playing for Hurley/Conn.
He will do fine and then he will leave at his very first opportunity.

Jackson released his top 5 today and is planning to visit Cuse by the end of the month...all you need to know. All the UCONN stuff is the UCONN coaches blowing smoke and starting rumors to pressure the kid into committing there, that’s not made up, that’s real life, a real basketball program is doing that and it worked with Akok.

Jackson released his top 5 today and is planning to visit Cuse by the end of the month...all you need to know. All the UCONN stuff is the UCONN coaches blowing smoke and starting rumors to pressure the kid into committing there, that’s not made up, that’s real life, a real basketball program is doing that and it worked with Akok.
More confident here than with Akok ?

That would explain the “We’re in the drivers seat” takes eminating from the BY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom