Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
With two close friends on the team and just being down the Thruway if we can not close this one it is beyond disappointing. However people are so impatient these days let the process play out and see where the chips lie if we get beat out by freakin Iowa or Maryland (who hasn’t even got him to visit the school) it is what it is.

Only failed logic would indicate that

I trust what everyone says and im glad about it. I also realize it could be interpreted as impatience and at the end of the day, if jackson commits thats all that matters. Im just saying a logical argument could be made that if a recruit was so solid on a school, then it doesnt make a ton of sense not to commit, especially when you previously said you would commit in the summer and let that deadline pass. He seems to be dragging his feet a bit. It really doesnt matter all that much though.

Last edited:
Logic would indicate that if he was so solidly syracuse, then he wouldve committed by now.
No. Manners would dictate that he give each of the coaches with whom he has a relationship the chance to visit with him before he announces a decision.
Seems to be a young man that was raised with good manners.

No. Manners would dictate that he give each of the coaches with whom he has a relationship the chance to visit with him before he announces a decision.
Seems to be a young man that was raised with good manners.
Mwhat? Manners would dictate that if he was firmly committed to Syracuse he would not waste people's time and money by having them visit him at home. A phone call would seem a classier way to end things with the other coaches.
We may be in the driver's seat but until they are on the floor and in a uniform, they could end up anywhere.

Mwhat? Manners would dictate that if he was firmly committed to Syracuse he would not waste people's time and money by having them visit him at home. A phone call would seem a classier way to end things with the other coaches.
We may be in the driver's seat but until they are on the floor and in a uniform, they could end up anywhere.
No. He is not committed until he signs.

Logic would indicate that if he was so solidly syracuse, then he wouldve committed by now.

Some kids commit early, but more highly rated kids like to take their visits.

Some kids commit early, but more highly rated kids like to take their visits.

Not arguing against your point but you do know he took his visits (4 of them already) and ppl say he doesnt intend on taking a fifth. I did check the espn top 100 and only 42 are committed, so clearly andre isnt atypical.

Some on here seem to have a special ability to spin innocuous posts to fit some unknown narrative. I was just saying it seems to conflict a bit logically that andre is all cuse but seemingly has pushed off his decision. Thats all. Not that i want him to rush his commitment, or that i think hes taking too long, or that i dont think he will end up at cuse, or that i have any inside knowledge, or anything else.

Last edited:
Not arguing against your point but you do know he took his visits (4 of them already) and ppl say he doesnt intend on taking a fifth. I did check the espn top 100 and only 42 are committed, so clearly andre isnt atypical.

Some on here seem to have a special ability to spin innocuous posts to fit some unknown narrative. I was just saying it seems to conflict a bit logically that andre is all cuse but seemingly has pushed off his decision. Thats all. Not that i want him to rush his commitment, or that i think hes taking too long, or that i dont think he will end up at cuse, or that i have any inside knowledge, or anything else.
i don't think you are getting push back on your andre jackson take, but rather on your concept of logic

In general, the enormous amount of attention these kids gets today is, imo, simply just another form of present day addiction. Feeling as huge rock stars without selling even one song or proven a thing. In their minds, believing as if they've 'seen a million faces and rocked them all.'

In general, the enormous amount of attention these kids gets today is, imo, simply just another form of present day addiction. Feeling as huge rock stars without selling even one song or proven a thing. In their minds, believing as if they've 'seen a million faces and rocked them all.'
I dig the take, but a but overdramatic imo.

Feeling as huge rock stars without selling even one song or proven a thing.
The film theyre putting on tape is proving a lot. Hard to hate on an amateur for not selling, also.

It our fault, not theirs.

Or maybe he wants to commit when he feels like it?

This should be wrapped up before his season starts and we shouldn’t sweat it
I know this is real old school, but technically we don't have any available scholarships. Since we already have one commit for 2020 (which could be Buddy's scholarship) maybe he is waiting to announce until another scholarship is freed up. Like I said, that's old school thinking and schools offer more than they have available based on projected open scholarships but who knows how JAB's line of thinking is.

I know this is real old school, but technically we don't have any available scholarships. Since we already have one commit for 2020 (which could be Buddy's scholarship) maybe he is waiting to announce until another scholarship is freed up. Like I said, that's old school thinking and schools offer more than they have available based on projected open scholarships but who knows how JAB's line of thinking is.
Enough

this is not in the equation in the pursuit for any ONE single recruit moving forward!

Our only commit is actually our number 13 scholarship for next year. He is taking OB’s scholarship. We are full with Newton. If Hughes graduates and leaves it will open up a second scholarship. A third could be a transfer or maybe Buddy’s scholarship. Marek might also decide to move on. I’m sure the coaching staff has a handle on the situation.

Our only commit is actually our number 13 scholarship for next year. He is taking OB’s scholarship. We are full with Newton. If Hughes graduates and leaves it will open up a second scholarship. A third could be a transfer or maybe Buddy’s scholarship. Marek might also decide to move on. I’m sure the coaching staff has a handle on the situation.

Or Washington might leave in search of greener pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom